Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AFKemists
Vaxel Offline

AFKemists

In my personal belief, it is not fair for us Alchemist to not be able to AFK.
Here are three reasons why:

1. Official servers allow it (Had experience).

Obviously there no autolooting so how about AFK leveling with no autoloot. Same rules apply like No kill stealing and no auto-alchemist spells. Theres many people do it. Even the basic AI script has AFK potential in it. Also no auto feeding as well. We just come once in a while to check up on it...

2. Alchemist can't party or WoE with anyone.

I like to use one character only to focus on. Unfortunately, no one wants to party an alchemist for Thors/Biolabs/Nameless. These are the top partying places and no one wants me Cry . Nobody uses a alchemist for WoE unless they have a decent homunculus.

3. It is not botting

Official servers gave us the basic AI. So are they supporting botting? They don't care if you AFK. Just if you killsteal or auto-spell/feed.

Final thoughts

Please, just make an exception for it. It will just be following the same rules except we aren't allowed to autoloot while AFKing. How about that? Any supporters?
04-09-2010 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

RE: AFKemists

It's very unfair. I can just AFK for like.. a month and come back with an insane lvl. No other class can do that. It gives Alchemists an unfair advantage. Furthermore if no autolooting is allowed.. someone can just camp beside you and pick up all your loots without even doing anything. Now two people have an advantage over others.

[Image: heRO-Userbar.gif]
04-09-2010 06:08 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

AFKemsits were called all sorts of names on iRO, being one of the few who never AFK'ed, I can say I was also one of those nay sayers.

I do believe *don't quote me* that its no longer legal on iRO to AFK level a homun now. But then again im not to sure whats going on there anymore, I get second hand information. **left iRO when sakray joined the iris server.. Now the iris and the other server are merging with the chaos server**
04-09-2010 06:18 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??AFKemists

Magazine Wrote:It's very unfair. I can just AFK for like.. a month and come back with an insane lvl. No other class can do that. It gives Alchemists an unfair advantage. Furthermore if no autolooting is allowed.. someone can just camp beside you and pick up all your loots without even doing anything. Now two people have an advantage over others.

I've seen saders and knights afk level with Fire blend and High Orc shields just tanking all the mantis in louyang way back before hero got Homuncs. While not as versatile as AFKing with an attack dog out (namely the monsters HAVE to be aggressive and you have to be able to regen the hits somehow, a good afk thing would be having Loli ruri armor while you're doing it, you'd be able to AFK level until eithe rA- you get caught, or B- You hit 99% weight limit and start dropping stuffs, and even then you could continue to stand there not doing anything), it's still afk leveling.

People got banned for abusing Dark Lord Carded shoes by AFK-farming things with DL's meteors, most notebly in hydra pools.

I don't mind the AFK leveling rules, but I do think there should be a tad more leeway when judging someone with their homunc out. Without looking into When they started getting a particular kind of loot, it's hard to tell exactly how long they've been sitting there. It's impossible to judge wether they're actually at their keyboard. And even then, I've had friends trying to multitask, playing games, doing homework, only to get banned because they didn't manage to look up when the GM was checking them.
04-09-2010 06:56 PM
Vaxel Offline

RE:??AFKemists

Magazine Wrote:It's very unfair. I can just AFK for like.. a month and come back with an insane lvl. No other class can do that. It gives Alchemists an unfair advantage. Furthermore if no autolooting is allowed.. someone can just camp beside you and pick up all your loots without even doing anything. Now two people have an advantage over others.

Oh its very fair, You can't AFK for a month. Your homunculus will die. I mean AFK as in go watch TV and once in a while go check up on it. You need to feed it.

In iRO is very legal. Many people do it and i played there 2 weeks ago... That seems accurate no?
04-09-2010 06:57 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Just because people do it, doesn't mean it's legal.
04-09-2010 07:08 PM
Vaxel Offline

It is LEGAL for the 3rd time. People do it and iRO GM allow it.

No rules in here: http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/support/operationrule.asp

And here is a topic from the offical server forum's http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/foru...11&start=1

SO. Just to get stuff straight. It is legal in official servers. Can we get it official on here?
04-09-2010 07:38 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

But we're not iRO (speaking for the GM's).
I'm against AFKemists but I wouldn't care if they allowed again for auto pitching homuncs. Of course don't allow the ai to set up to do any skills for you such as fireblend activations and what not.

Also I have no issues partying chemists, ask Gerik, he got to party with my stalker a few times a few places cause he asked. I already said before my biggest beef with some alchies is they think all they haveta do is bolt+pot pitch and some don't even do the latter. If the alchemist is willing to mammo, play, and even throw a few demos and plants down if I'm mobbing for him or something then hell yah he's a great team mate to have.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-09-2010 08:02 PM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

This isn't an official server, so its really no use comparing it to one. HeRO is unique in many aspects from the official server, this being one of them. I think this is a good rule. If you abolish it, you're looking at a flood of people who are suddenly allowed to farm low level places like hydra and tharas without really being there. That is unfair to the rest of the server. It gives these people an income advantage, not to mention the experience advantage when they go to other maps, with little to no work when compared to other classes.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
04-09-2010 08:08 PM
Zandor Offline

Lol, one small point as well is that official servers are 1x rates ... we are 5x rates. Regardless of whether its legal on officials or not, the rough example being if we AFK lvled, they'd have to do it 5x longer than us xD.

IMO, the idea of "AFK" levelling seems a bit unfair in the first place, regardless of class. The idea of *playing a game* is to actually PLAY the game, not just turn it on and let it auto-pilot for you... where's the fun, if not the point, in that? Kinda defeats the purpose of levelling at all if you could just AFK level.
04-09-2010 08:17 PM