Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bugged rabbit earplugs
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??bugged rabbit earplugs

~Altera~ Wrote:Ofc, even if you give them the code, they'll claim that it needs weeks and weeks of testing, then do nothing about it for a long period of time until the issue rises again, then claim that they have had and still have "too much on their plates" and dismiss the idea until it's brought up again.

You're not on the test & dev team, are you???We do have a lot on our plates.??If you want to change something about it then please join and help us.

Otherwise please be kind and take our word for something.??We don't make HeRO just to lol at your misery.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 03:00 AM by Whispers.)
04-10-2010 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

RE: bugged rabbit earplugs

I'm not on the test and dev team, but it's pretty obvious what you guys do based on what updates are released.

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
04-10-2010 09:43 AM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

It changes both atk and matk when I put it on, and it was like that since the start of the quest maybe you need to recheck...

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
04-10-2010 01:46 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

~Altera~ Wrote:I'm not on the test and dev team, but it's pretty obvious what you guys do based on what updates are released.

Is it? Scripting a simple quest like Bunneh Slippers and testing it out is a far cry from map additions.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-10-2010 01:53 PM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

It's easy to bitch and whine about laziness when you don't do anything at all.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
04-10-2010 02:53 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Huntress Wrote:It changes both atk and matk when I put it on, and it was like that since the start of the quest maybe you need to recheck...

Well from RMS as I don't think we modified ribbon hat:

{ bonus bMdef,7; bonus bStr,1; bonus bInt,1; if(getrefine() >= 7) {bonus bAtkRate,3; bonus bMAtkRate,3; bonus2 bSkillHeal,"AL_HEAL",6;} else { bonus bAtkRate,2; bonus bMAtkRate,2; bonus2 bSkillHeal,"AL_HEAL",5;} },{},{}

So ribbon hat does have the bAtkRate,2 in there so I should get "some" form of atk boost. I tried it on my Sniper again just in case if it doesn't work on HP because my atk power is too low for 2% to show up. Here is the result:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3750/...ver040.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9316/...ver041.jpg

My atk stayed at 395+49 and didn't go up by 2%. I should get around 7 or 8 Atk out of it if the script command is working, no?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 03:00 PM by Namine.)
04-10-2010 02:59 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

~Altera~ Wrote:I'm not on the test and dev team, but it's pretty obvious what you guys do based on what updates are released.

Shut up, testers only test whatever they are told to.
If you think you are so damn AWESOME come and join T&D please cause you're just starting to be obnoxious with your complaints lately.

K, Thx, Bye.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-10-2010 08:48 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

As the bATKRate function does indeed have problems, we utilisied a work around before the quest was even added, although not the one that Namine mentioned a page back.

This one gives ATK based on the players STR, to equal close to that of a 4% ATK boost.
We will, however, consider adjusting it to follow the other way, as this is how The Sign does it, and consistancy is nice.

As for the matter of the other topic.
Far more goes into putting things on the server beyong "We have a script. Let's throw it on!"
They are tested multiple times by both GMs and players, in an attempt to find every possible bug in it, no matter the path taken. Players don't always follow the linear path when it comes to completing quest.
For ever script, usually there are multiple bugs found. Things we, or the players did not think of. Even small typos.
Each of these needs to be corrected, reuploaded and the retested from the start to ensure that nothing else broke from that fix.
And so forth, and so forth until they are all found.

If it is player written, and even for GMs, it also has to be read over, so that we know exactly what the script contains. Last thing we want is someone to script in a backdoor for GM commands.

Sometimes, things will be pushed back. We don't find it the right time to release things straight away. Or, sometimes we are awaiting a mob, item or the such to be balanced and found appropriate for the server. Sometimes we need to also find and rearrange other NPCs.
Small steps, perhaps, but it adds up, especially with multiples going on at once.
(For instance, at one stage, I had 2 quests being scripted, and 6 fixes needed to be made and tested (several of them fixing things eAthena left broken), another script to be checked over and debugged, all at the one time, while fitting in GMing, testing other scripts, and dealing with reallife. And that was just my share. I'm not the only scripter.)

It comes to bear that there is a lot going on. As I have said before, even the testers only see what is ready to be tested. They don't see what is currently being created, in a not ready to be tested state, behind the scenes.

The testers are essential to content being put out. If we had more, things would go faster. We currently have a script that needs 10 people to test, but even counting several of the GMs on at the appropriate times, we can only must 6 or 7.
I honestly adore the testers for what they do. They are also unpaid, but put in hours upon to testing everything we throw at them, and keeping alert enough, motivated and engaged enough to find the bugs we miss.

Perhaps it would be more productive for some others to take a leaf from their book, rather than slandering what they, and we GMs do.

Edit:
Namine: As it is done via STR, and your character's STR is 1, that would be why is it not recognising. We'll definitely have a look at scripting it the other way. Icon_smile

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-10-2010 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

it should be done the way namine has mentioned, at least temporarily, as basing off an individual stat will ultimately discriminate against certain classes, and as such, certain builds will be favored over others.

it sucks bad that bAtkRate is borked like it is as it'd make things oh so much easier.

i know i personally don't feel like digging through the code to find out what the issue is when it's probably already been addressed by eAthena and is in a newer SvN that we just don't have yet.

i don't know for sure, but would it be possible to have it check the atk power of the weapon you've currently equipped and be able to give a bonus based on that to you attack value? or would you still have to end up using bAtkRate to make the adjustment to your overall atk power?
04-11-2010 02:38 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Most likely the latter.
If you check the item scripts used on RMS, even The Sign is not just a plain bATKRate,5. It individually adds 5% damage to non-boss, boss and then WoE Guardians.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-11-2010 04:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply