Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?

Veed Wrote:i think it was Fantasy Earth Zero? it seems interesting?
with it's deep character development system and PVP oriented gameplay.
It's not that good, trust me. The environs are bland and drab, character models are horrible (to me, anyways), the combat is "meh" at best, and the PvP is nothing worth sending home to your buddies about (sure, 50 players on each side. Aika's already outdone that with 1000v1000, and Last Online will have that, too). It's a very dated game, and the fact that they took so long to release it is too little, too late.

Don't take my word for it, just think that it's not really worth it. For a 2006 game, it looks way too old for it.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-14-2010 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?

please try NEXIA... Laugh
but srsly, though the graphics are simple, the amount of quests and things to do is more advanced than RO... RO really killed off a good game... Cry

might wanna try Lineage II. I haven't really played it, but i played Lineage I for 2 weeks way back when and i must say the diversity of the gaming experience was amazing to me. I heard Lineage II has better graphics and more things to do, so i think it will be good... I stopped because it was P2P... Laugh

anyway, most MMOs out there seem to have the same general algorithms, do some quests, bash enemies, and that's it... WOW is no exception, other than more PVP-oriented gameplay/arenas (which has also been available in older MMOs) i don't see anything special in WOW...

imho we need more diversity and depth rather than just graphics, so yah perhaps Nexia and Lineage could be a good choice...

HON is good looking, but imho it's just an eye candy version of DoTA without really putting anything new on the plate. Gameplay dynamics remain the same and their attempt to put more emphasis on teamwork has (imho) failed...

there is supposedly another spin off from DoTA which promises more goals than just mindless bashing, but i have no access to it, so i never tried it... oh yeah, the name is Leage of Legends... LOL...

-w-
04-14-2010 11:26 PM
Veed Offline
The Weed Head

mahawirasd Wrote:imho we need more diversity and depth rather than just graphics, so yah perhaps Nexia and Lineage could be a good choice...

I just downloaded lineage and it seemed like a good game
except it turned out to be pretty laggy for me d;

i don't know why but it just did. is nexia by chance Nexus?
because i remember that game xD

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Heroes of Newerth would also be worth checking out alongside LoL. They both expand on the DoTA concept but each has it's own spin on it.

it's still in beta i might give it a shot ; )
i do have 178GB worth of space to blow lol
but the DOTA concept is getting a bit old to me

Galt Wrote:It's not that good, trust me. The environs are bland and drab, character models are horrible (to me, anyways), the combat is "meh" at best, and the PvP is nothing worth sending home to your buddies about (sure, 50 players on each side. Aika's already outdone that with 1000v1000, and Last Online will have that, too). It's a very dated game, and the fact that they took so long to release it is too little, too late.

Don't take my word for it, just think that it's not really worth it. For a 2006 game, it looks way too old for it.

Considering the reviews I've seen on it they do make some games look pretty good, but we can't trust the reviews all the time anyway. and you do make a point the graphics are a bit old?

and your right some games already have done some of the concepts of the game. Maybe I'm just looking for something to pick up and play?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering all that's been said maybe i'm limiting myself to mmo's only?
i'm a casual gamer and i can pretty much play any genre of game as long as
it's enjoyable ; )

any other suggestions FPS, Fighters, racing, sports heck i'll even play sim city or sims or any social game out there to just keep me going?

i'd prefer pick up and play games really? like Battle Field Heroes?
i don't know if you guys are familiar with that xD

Characters
Veed - Champion
Vee - Perma-Bard
Nebiros - Sinx
04-15-2010 12:31 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

My side game from RO is Dungeon Fighter. I got addicted to Arad Senki, which is the japanese version-- and then Nexon (Maple Story makers-- I know, I know) got hands on Dungeon Fighter. Iti's been a pretty good translation so far, albeit slow.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
04-15-2010 12:50 AM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

There are no good MMOs.

On a serious note, I'd try Monster Hunter Frontier if you can get onto the server.

Edit:

Battlefield Heroes is TERRIBLE. I'd recommend maybe checking out Warsow; it's a free game that emulates Quake, and is fairly good. Fast-paced and somewhat twitchy, however - Takes a while to get accustomed to.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 04:55 AM by Revenant.)
04-15-2010 04:54 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

try the regular DOTA but play the OMG map by Bob... srsly good fun, and you can either pick heroes and pick abilities, pick heroes with random abilities, or random heroes and random abilities, or random heroes and pick abilities... could be omgwtfbbq hax godlike if you can get the right combos... Ok

-w-
04-15-2010 05:08 AM
tan313008 Offline

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Heroes of Newerth would also be worth checking out alongside LoL. They both expand on the DoTA concept but each has it's own spin on it.

Played HoN before I played LoL but I eventually got bored cause most of the time even when I use my non-OP (newb) hero 1700+ PSR people always lose so yeah I dont really like games w/o a challenge :|

mahawirasd Wrote:try the regular DOTA

True I play that with some of my friends sometimes 5v5 the best although we dont play the "OMG" map by bob. No1

IshidaUryuu 97/66 Sniper
Fist of Fury 9x/6x Champion
Kuchiki Byakuya 96/47 Alchemist
04-15-2010 08:06 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

hmm. reading this makes me want to play R.O.S.E Online again. /hmm
04-15-2010 09:54 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: ??Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?

tan313008 Wrote:Played HoN before I played LoL but I eventually got bored cause most of the time even when I use my non-OP (newb) hero 1700+ PSR people always lose so yeah I dont really like games w/o a challenge :|
Well, it's only been in open beta what, 2 weeks? The closed beta had a much smaller pool of players and not all of them were familiar with it. Personally, I had never heard of DoTA before playing HoN. You may consider giving it a shot in open beta or after public release as there are much more people there now and I imagine that means the amount of people who actually know what they're doing has increased as well.

@OP If you're not looking to limit yourself to online games there's a good amount of releases scheduled for the consoles over the next month or 2. Lost Planet 2, Super Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter Tri, Metroid: Other M to name a few. I know there's plenty I'm forgetting though.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
04-15-2010 11:53 AM
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

Emil Chronicle online. It's an anime-style 3D MMO with a similar system to RO. xP

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
04-15-2010 02:35 PM