Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dungeons and Dragons, or something of the like.
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dungeons and Dragons, or something of the like.

thanks lots for your idea Irxallis, however what i meant is like an RNG within a chat room or something so that everyone else who's playing can see the number generated by that RNG at the same time... main idea behind this is just a slight concern about trust/fairness and whatnot...

and i'm nowhere near an experienced DM/GM, tbh i have never even played a DnD game before. So yeah if there is a trustworthy person and a way for all the ppl to be online at the same time through an application, it would really eliminate geographical restraints... timezone restraints are another thing though xP

-w-
04-21-2010 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shogo Offline
Shogo

Been playing a few systems and liked Shadowrun a lot. Mostly because of the cyberpunk setting and the insane things you could get done. I have played online using IRC too. Was rather simple since there are dice-scripts in the internet. Only downside was, that it took really long since typing takes much more time than actually saying things. But with a combination of irc/ts (using irc to roll the dice and keep track of what is happening and TS to actually play) this should work out rather fine.

Getting a chatroom and a script is easy to achieve. Just chose some random irc-server like quakenet or rizon and create a channel. Get people in there and register it (even though registering will not be needed I suppose). Then start playing Icon_wink

Shogo -
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 06:06 AM by Shogo.)
04-21-2010 06:05 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Mahawirasd, I know what you meant. This program has an integrated dice roller - I roll and this message is broadcasted to everybody.

Like... I select 2d20+4, I 'roll' and everyone sees:

"Player X rolled 2d20+4, [16, 3, 4] = 23"

where 16 - first die, 3 - second die, 4 - constant value

And it has a board, in case the group was into 4Ed-type tactical combat.

If only it would be a little more intuitive to use...

As Shogo said, IRC + short script might be sufficient as well. If I know what this group decides on, I can search for something else. Who knows, maybe I'll use it myself in one of my sessions? :D

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
04-21-2010 06:16 AM
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

In the past I've played DnD on MSN with a dice rolling application, IRC with a dice-rolling application, on forums and a program called MapTool. Apart from in person, of course.

And as long as it's not a cookie-cutter "Bash 'em in da monsterz" DnD campaign, with actual plot and the like, I'm definitely in. <3

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
04-21-2010 06:29 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

wow shadowrun... played that game's SNES and SEGA version through emulators... SNES version is more likable imho...

anyhoo, i guess all we need now is a game master with a storyline (or more) he/she made/knows who's willing to lead the game Ok

-w-
04-21-2010 08:46 AM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

Yeah, as soon as we have a willing game master they can decide more on how things are run. At that point I would probably get them to make a new thread so they can change what they want. XD

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
04-21-2010 10:21 AM