Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead as a Doornail RP
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Dead as a Doornail RP

(Just a random RP I made on a whim. Feel free to join.)

---------------------------------------------------------
It was a dark, dank, rainy day in the town of Geffen. A chilling wind blew from the coast to the west, practically causing even the stray cats to take shelter. Even with the bad weather, the town seemed emptier than usual. Especially in the bars and taverns of the town. Only the regulars; that drunkard that hates mages, that quack fortune teller, and the hostess who?s father?s spirit is still unnecessarily protecting his little girl from beyond the grave; and one scruffy paladin.

Okava, a husky woman clad in filthy and tattered armor, sat at a table in the corner studying an old world map. Her shield was leaned up against the table, and her two most precious weapons, her fortune sword and her moonlight dagger were laid out on the table next to a bowl of clam soup and a wooden pint of honey herbal tea. Her Peco was tied up (with a feedbag over its head) to the shabby wooden fixtures which were adorned with decorative (albeit drab) curtains.

She grumbled to herself loudly and obnoxiously trying to prove some baseless theory she came up with simply because of the bad weather that was lingering over that half of Rune Midgard for the last week or so. Being the town of magic, one would think there?d be some smart mage somewhere. Needless to say, Okava couldn?t find any, and played with the thought that they were all bookworms, and didn?t have time to party at some nameless bar that doesn't serve booze.

?It?s always been a mystery as to what exactly happened with Glast Heim?? She??thought aloud. ?People all accepted it like it was Dark Lord?s fault it that it became as such??She grumbled as she traced a path through the sea to the southwest, towards Arunafeltz.

?If it was indeed the poisonous grasses and not the demonic influences that caused the Nameless Isle to become so horrendously infested with evil?? She traced her finger back towards Glast Heim. ?I wonder if the seasonal winds could have carried any of that over to??

She let out a deep annoyed sigh. ?The problem with that theory is according to Freyja?s Priests, that monastery was being actively used until only recently though? and we knew of Glast Heim?s tragedy long beforehand?? She scratched her chin??trying to make sense of something noone would have cared to think of. It was obvious she?d been out of the civilized world for a while, since the cat whiskers on her chin were turning into peach fuzz.??If she wanted to bring her wild theories to the higher ups, She'd need to have more solid proof.

Okava took a break from thinking and quickly wolfed down her Steaming bowl of Clam soup, before letting out a sigh. It'd take years to investigate something like this all by her lonesome.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 05:12 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-20-2010 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE: Dead as a Doornail RP

(Dont??mind me if i do, although i may just be passing by)

Saii whom had been running errands for Aneko all day found himself stuck in Geffen due to flash flooding near one of the central roads, Due it being the Truachnamish (National Holiday of the end of the 1000 year war)All kafra services were closed and most shops in town were closed.

"I guess im stuck here? BLARGH SHES GONNA KILL ME IF IM LATE!!!" He said to himself as he pulled on his hoodie to cover himself from the rain and the chilling wind as he carried a small paper bag with various medicinal herbs and special crafted rune stones for healing magics.
He takes a look left,nothing to see but only a few kids about teen age in magic academy uniforms running from the rain trying to seek cover as they headed to their respective classes buildings.He takes a look to his right, and he notices a bar, a small local pub that looked a bit rundown but still had that homeish like feeling,a big blackboard near the entrance reads: "Clam Chowder Sunday Delight, 100 Z a bowl".He thought to himself that this seemed to good to be true,he had found a place to shelter himself from the rain as he could somehow get into communication with Aneko, AND they had cheap good food."It shouldn't harm any if i had only a bowl while the rain clears" He said to himself as he walked in.

The doors creaked loudly as he swung the old western styled like door as he walked in,the loud creaking sound seemed to draw the attention of everyone in the pub, the waitress whom was serving large woman in somewhat tattered armor,the woman,some old drunkard, and a bartender along with the cook were suddenly looking at Saii silently with no particular interest.
"What? Never seen a Sniper before?" He said jokingly as everyone slowly turned their gaze away from him,feeling embarrassed he quietly sat down at the nearest chair and sat down the bag with the errand items Aneko needed on the table.He quietly relaxed a little waiting for the waitress to come and attend him,as he leaned back a bit he noticed the fairly large armored woman was looking at a map,he was a bit far away to clearly see and curiosity he softly lifts his dark blinder covering one eye exposing a scarred eye lid,he slowly opens his eye revealing a red pupil,completely differently colored to his other green one(Saiichi's Eye of Spirits,Refer to story for more info) and concentrates his eye onto the map to see better(Aka True Sight), then suddenly..

"Can i take your order?"
He nervously covers his eye back with his blinder and quickly tilts his hunter's cap down to cover any suspicions or so he thinks.
"Ye-yeah, Id like to try some of that clam chowder?" he said with a steady voice , still a bit shaken due to the shock of almost being caught.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 10:30 PM by Bloodbane.)
04-20-2010 10:26 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

"Thank you very much!" A blue-clad Sage said, bowing as he stepped out of the store he'd just been in. Most shops had been closed, and he had been hard pressed to find one open that had what he needed-- although he was far more than thankful that an old friend of his was willing to open up shop to sell him just what he needed.

Then again, he did have to shell out a large amount of extra zeny just to get it-- but it was worth it. "With this--" He started talking to himself. "I'm one step closer! Who says that Alchemists are the only ones who deal with potions, huh?" He looked at the vial of what he'd purchased-- venom extracted from the poisonous plants on Nameless Isle. Now, if there were some way to tie in his knowledge of converters, some notes on Alchemy he got from a friend, and what he was able to piece together from poison bottles--

He startled himself as he nearly walked into a door, having been just aimlessly wandering down the streets of Geffen. A bar? Well he didn't drink, but his stomach did rumble slightly-- and if there was a bar, there were usually ways to get some sort of food. He wasn't willing to trek through town either, just to get back to the inn he was staying at.

He pushed through the door and let down his hood, letting loose his green ponytail. Though it was usually perky and had a small bend, the damp weather made it sag and feel more like a burden on his head. Shaking himself lightly, like a wet dog would, he made his way over to an empty seat, and sat down. Placing the venom on the table without really thinking (he'd never really been taught that poison wasn't supposed to go near food), he kicked his feet up on another empty chair, and beckoned the waiter over. "A Clam Soup please-- with extra honey! Oh oh, and make the shells really crispy!"

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
04-21-2010 12:13 AM
Kaizer Offline
Border to Insanity

"Sigh finally I can get out of the terrible place." Geo said tiredly as he neared the exit of Geffen Tower. When he reached the entrance lightning flashed with a great sound of thunder, temporarily blinding him and making him deaf. As his sight and hearing returned he noticed the heavy rain pouring just outside.

?You have got to be kidding me. Why in the world is it raining?-? Grrrrr,?and apparently I?m hungry, just my dang luck.???Sighing as he pulled on his manteau?s hood over his magni?s cap, he went off into the cold rain in search of a place to eat, rest, and look over the gathered loot from that days training. After some time he finally reached an open pub with a blackboard sign advertising cheap clam chowder. Not caring about how suspicious the pub looks he ran straight towards it.??Pulling down his hood as he entered the pub some of the patrons gave off glares that would make even a novice cringe. He returned the glares with one of his own that he learned from a stalker on one of his journeys.

Setting down his pack full of loot and sitting down at one of tables, the patrons returned to their business as if he never showed up. Looking around he noticed a tattered swordsman looking over maps and grumbling to herself, a sage looking over a suspicious bottle with his feet on another chair, and a sniper chowing down nervously on a bowl of chowder. Just then the waiter came over.

?I?ll take five bowls of your clam chowder and some grape juice herbal tea if you have some please.? Geo said before the waiter could ask. ?Right away sir, your order will be ready in about ten minutes.? As the waiter left Geo thought to himself that something doesn?t feel right about the weather and the pub. When he thought that a bolt of lightning cracked over head. Shaking his head he opened his pack to bring out a chain to look over as he waited for his order.

[Image: 89582582.png]

GeoKaizerReizake......8x/48...Champ
Shadow Reizake.......40/30...Taekwon Boy
Bio Void..................35/20...Merchant
04-28-2010 04:22 PM
Kaizer Offline
Border to Insanity

*20 minutes have passed*
Rain is still pouring outside, and doesn?t seem to be letting up. It sure is quiet here not counting the drunkard in the corner. These thoughts were going through Geo?s head as he finished up his seventh bowl of chowder.

?Maybe one these guys would be willing to kill time with a card game. Hmmm.? He mumbled to himself as he scanned the room. ?Seems the only one not busy here would be that sniper guy.? Saying that he headed over to the table where the sniper was taking his pack. As reached the table the sniper looked up to from his bowl of chowder to the approaching monk.

?This seat taken?? Geo asked. ?No, you can take it if you want.? The sniper replied.
?Alright, names Geo Kaizer Reizake, you?? he introduced while bringing out his hand in front of him. ?Saiichi, Saiichi Bloodbane. Nice to meet you.? Saii replied while shaking the brought out hand.
?Want to play a game of cards to pass the time? The rain doesn?t seem to be letting up.? Geo asked.
?Sure why not.?

Putting down his oversized pack, Geo pulled out a deck of cards and started shuffling them.
(Got stuck here)

[Image: 89582582.png]

GeoKaizerReizake......8x/48...Champ
Shadow Reizake.......40/30...Taekwon Boy
Bio Void..................35/20...Merchant
05-07-2010 12:00 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

~ a small smirk comes across the rain drenched lips of the man as he wanders over the bridge on the west end of geffen. a creamy dangles lifeless from the stalkers shoulder as he walks. "ya pretty much had me a minute ago. but you forgot one important thing." he took a moment to scan his surrounding . as he had expected noone to be seen, he continued. "i always carry bug spray when i travel." some time had passed since his last meal that didin't cosist strictly of potatoes and pet food so he decided -cnt
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 03:44 PM by Kari Nogashi.)
05-07-2010 03:37 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

(i apologize im typing this on my phone and i ran out of characters.) -cnt-~ he would hit the local tavern to get out of the rain and get some food in his stomach. as always his a lit cigarette dangled from his lips although smoking was not easy considering the dampness of the paper he still puffed away pulling in the air and water and negleting the actual smoke. nothing about this day was average.
05-07-2010 03:43 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Okava was still busy studying her map, until??sh picked up her wooden pint of Honey herbal tea, and chugged the whole thing down, before slamming it on the table. It was then she noticed that she never realised anyone else came in. One sniper, one stalker, one monk, (Or was that a champion, Okava never could tell the difference between the two), and??much to her suprise, one sage.??

'Who woulda thought one of the bookworms woulda shown up in this dump?' she thought with a giddy glee as she eyeballed the blue garbed sage with a huge disturbing grin,??one would think she was a psychopath.

She paid no attention to the other patrons,??her focus completely fixated on the lone magic class in the building. But she didn't really move, or try to talk to him. Her grand peco let out a brief "Honk" to signal that it reached the bottom of it's feedbag, but that went completely ignored by it's owner, and probably spent another 5 minutes with a feedbag stuck over it's beak.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 06:01 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-07-2010 05:57 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

~ on his way Kari Nogashi gave a shake of his head almost throwing his boys cap clear off his head. his hand shot up and pulled the bill down and straightened his cap over his somewhat spiked red hair. his eyes survey the paladin sage drunks and other folks in the bar. in his head he thought "alright time for work." his smirk gradually left his face as he walked past the open tables he made his way to the bar. the 15 pound butterfly flaped its wings in a spasm." ahhh! " he screamed out in impulse and -cnt-
05-07-2010 06:32 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

-cnt-~ embarrassment ensued and his normally pale cheeks flush crimson as he tossed the dead creamy on the counter he sat down pulling the cigarette from his mouth he began to speak to the server." i want some meat please i dont care what kind." he then sent his hand to the servers arse to shoo her along. or atleast on the surface his was actually using his nimble fingers to pull a pouch of zeny from her apron. he quickly turns back to make sure noone at the bar spoted him using gank on the poor lady.
05-07-2010 06:38 PM