Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cutting my hair - Need input.  /swt
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Cutting my hair - Need input.??/swt

Vanadis, I've already PM'ed the two so we can keep that out of the forums.

Ultima, I do tie it back when I work (and when it's windy X_x).??That picture was just to show off length.??I've had my hair like this for most of my life.??It has never affected me finding a job until now.??The job which I found out that did not get the job because of my hair was working at Lowe's (home improvement business here in America) as a cashier.

I've just always been raised with people complimenting my hair.??The worst I get is someone calling me ma'am from behind or attempting to hit on me before I turn around.??xD

I've already decided to cut it.??It's been really windy here lately and that makes it tangle like hell if I don't pull it back.??Plus, all the time I spend brushing, washing, blah blah blah.??I like my hair, but if it's keeping me from finding work then it is time to go.

I still don't think I look like a bum, though.??Icon_cry

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
04-23-2010 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

You would have a hard time finding a job in Canada with long hair too..

A buddy of mine was told to take out her earrings, she has studs all the way up. She basicly said screw you. That was in Ontario.

I live in the 'Bible belt' of canada as well.. Strip clubs are freaking illegal here... .. .

Have you tried going to an interview with it in a french braid? That gives off the illussion of it being short. Or do a google immage search for styles. You might be able to pull off the long layered punk rock style. But Then again it looks kinda funny if you dont have the outfits to match it.
04-23-2010 06:14 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Okay, let's play a little game.

You are the boss of a company which is looking for a new employee at the moment. Weirdly enough, only TWO applications reach you. Both look pretty good, both curriculums vitae are nice, both sound quite intelligent and nice. The problem is ... he doesn't even reach the point READING both applications because he looks at the pictures first (yes, I know you wouldn't use that picture as application picture, but this is an extreme example).

First one:
[Image: TisMoi.jpg]

Second one:
[Image: hb02kgtipxgenr220xa.jpg]

One application gets instantly sent back. Guess which?

Now you have maybe an idea why you don't get any jobs.

And, to be honest, looking at your forum posts - if you write your applications like that, I would prefer other guys too. It's nothing personal, it's just that your whole life style looks mostly .. alternative. And while alternative is considered "cool" at a certain age it becomes a "lolno" when we become serious - like most jobs. With you looking like you do you could maybe get a job in a heavy metal CD store, but that's about it.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 05:41 AM by Zaratus.)
04-23-2010 06:58 PM
Aneko Away
§†Twisted Mistress†§

Keep the hair shorter because as other people have said its more manageable and just plain easier to maintain. Even a style like this -----> http://mensfashion.about.com/od/goomingh...yles_7.htm can be easy to get and looks really nice.

Once Proud Co-Leader Of Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social/Non Woe Guild ‡†¥

♥Lady Aneko: Lvl 99/70 FS High Priest
♥Hisa: Lvl 9x/6x High Wizard
♥Maki: Lvl 9x/6x Sniper
♥Honoka: Lvl 8x/5x Assassin Cross
-~Happily owned by Saiich Bloodbane~-
04-23-2010 08:09 PM
Shogo Offline
Shogo

[Image: hb02kgtipxgenr220xa.jpg]
Searched the site that didnt allow the deeplink and thought that this one might be at least equivalent to what Zaratus posted. Probably not necessary since everyone could imagine what kind of pic it was supposed to be.
Even tho they are rather harsh with what they are saying, I must agree with Aaranock and Zaratus. Saying that you look like a bum is a bit too much, but your hair does indeed look messy. Not that you or your hair looks dirty, it just seems to be out of control Icon_wink

Shogo -
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2010 08:13 PM by Shogo.)
04-23-2010 08:10 PM
Xeke Offline
The Code

My advice for Whispers:
Dont cut it, move to australia, become a programmer...

I'm 6 ft tall, and my hair is so long I sit on it when it is plaited... and since growing it I have had 5 separate jobs...
Door to door sales - where looks are everything... The advice I was given after getting the job was to shave my face, not cut my hair... My hair wasn't mentioned...
Storeman/Salesman in a Tile shop... Hair wasn't even mentioned... Run by a conservative Greek family... They did ask if I was religious though, and even after answering 'No', I got the job...
IBM - Tech support... Again, no mention... Position is based on what you know, and how you talk to people...
Student mentor at Uni... Yes, it was a paying job... And still no mention of my hair...
And now, I'm a programmer... And, funny this, my hair was not mentioned again...!

Zaratus: I'm imagining your a CEO of a company... you would hire someone based on their looks alone... you must be CEO of a strip club...
Though I do know that it does happen in the real world... I just don't see it happening around here...

Live to win, Dare to Fail...
I *AM* the code...
04-24-2010 12:24 AM
iTz ChaoZ Away
Old News

If they were real christians they would accept you for what you had to offer. Not your appearance.
04-24-2010 02:35 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

No, I am no CEO of a company or a strip club. I am just being realistic. If you want serious work, you have to look serious. As you mentioned, there are exceptions but usually don't expect getting a serious job if you look like Whispers.

Did you ever go into a bank and saw a guy like him?
Did you ever go into a store and saw a guy like him at the counter?
Did you ever go into a bureau and saw a guy like him?
Did you ever go into a hotel and saw a guy like him working?
Did you ever go into a hospital and saw a guy like him (except the guy in the bed having cancer from smoking)?
Did you ever go into a restaurant and saw a waiter like him?

And no, I am not talking about the guests or the consumers, I am talking about the people working there.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
04-24-2010 05:35 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Cutting my hair - Need input.??/swt

Zaratus Wrote:Did you ever go into a bank and saw a guy like him?
No idea. Only ever seen females in banks.

Quote:Did you ever go into a store and saw a guy like him at the counter?
Yes.

Quote:Did you ever go into a bureau and saw a guy like him?
Never been into a bureau.

Quote:Did you ever go into a hotel and saw a guy like him working?
Yes.

Quote:Did you ever go into a hospital and saw a guy like him (except the guy in the bed having cancer from smoking)?
Yes.

Quote:Did you ever go into a restaurant and saw a waiter like him?
Yes.

oO

Hell, even one of my high school teachers (full teacher, not a student teacher), had decently long hair.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 08:49 AM by Ellie.)
04-24-2010 08:47 AM
Xeke Offline
The Code

RE:??Cutting my hair - Need input.??/swt

Zaratus Wrote:Okay, let's play a little game.

I was... I was imagining you were a CEO... I guessed that you weren't one, so I stretched my imagination really far...

Zaratus Wrote:If you want serious work, you have to look serious.
Programming isn't serious...? Perhaps it is because I didn't mention that I am working on my second application for the Department of Justice that you may think that...

Did you ever go into a bank and saw a guy like him?
Yes...
Did you ever go into a store and saw a guy like him at the counter?
Yes... Even when it wasn't me... And I have seen girls with earrings all up their ears (Ellie was one of them)...And lip/tongue/eyebrow piercings... And visible tattoos...
Did you ever go into a hotel and saw a guy like him working?
Yes...
Did you ever go into a hospital and saw a guy like him (except the guy in the bed having cancer from smoking)?
Yes...
Did you ever go into a restaurant and saw a waiter like him?
Yes...

Back on topic: Whispers, it has been 12 years since I had a haircut... I have no idea how you should cut it...

Note from Ellie: To those who say long hair is unclean and messy, Xeke has not had a trim in 4 years, and has *no* split ends... *jealous face*

Live to win, Dare to Fail...
I *AM* the code...
04-24-2010 08:54 AM