Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cya
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

Cya

It seems no matter how many times I ask for the logs to be checked, they never will be, and my account will always be banned. I gave up trying to give it back, there is no logic with the GMs.
For anybody under the delusion that the GMs will check logs and have solid evidence before they ban you, they don't. I was banned with no evidence other than me saying that it was possible to double client with a laptop and a computer, which I know because me and my friend used to play on a laptop and a computer at my house when we were still non-trans.
To GMs: if you have any pride whatsoever, find any evidence of me being on two accounts at the same time. Oh wait. You can't. I've never double cliented.
To Friends: I honestly suggest that you get off of RO asap. Not because the game is terrible but because the day that the server closes, it'll hit you the same way it hit me that you just wasted months... years of your life. The before (first day you were on RO) and after (day you stop) is incredibly depressing. The effect RO has had on your social life, your health, so many aspects of your life is so apparent when you have closure on RO, and the earlier you get out the better.
To the idiot who reported me for joking with my friends in guild chat and put me, Rinato, Lynn, and the GMs in this position: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssC77hapv0g
I won't be checking up on this thread or commenting again, to help drive my point home to Panda and such~ cya

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 12:23 PM by ~Altera~.)
04-24-2010 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

RE: Cya

I can't really comment on or disagree with your account being banned since as a player I don't have any information pertaining to that with which to pass my own judgement.

I will however say that it is indeed possible for someone to dual-client in such a fashion, just like it is indeed possible for someone to simply make their own client to use.

~Altera~ Wrote:I won't be checking up on this thread or commenting again, to help drive my point home to Panda and such~ cya

This, however, is an absolute lie. You came back and edited your post solely to add that in as though to attempt to imply that you don't really care, and yet you can still be seen marauding the forums for about 20 minutes afterwards.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
04-24-2010 12:37 PM
Sugoii Offline

~Altera~ Wrote:I honestly suggest that you get off of RO asap. Not because the game is terrible but because the day that the server closes, it'll hit you the same way it hit me that you just wasted months... years of your life. The before (first day you were on RO) and after (day you stop) is incredibly depressing. The effect RO has had on your social life, your health, so many aspects of your life is so apparent when you have closure on RO, and the earlier you get out the better.

Getting banned has a way of striking that very statement to you. What a fucking waste.

SeVeRe TiRe DaMaGe
04-24-2010 12:40 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hi guiz you'll realize how much time you wasted when you stop ROing.
Duh, I know I waste time playing ANY GAME!

Why do I play games? For pleasure, to relax sometimes, maybe for a quick thrill of a moment when interaction between character and player seems like one.

Anyway I just had to say that for others who actually read it.
I refuse to say the rest of my opinion about this.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-24-2010 01:06 PM
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

~Altera~ Wrote:To Friends: I honestly suggest that you get off of RO asap. Not because the game is terrible but because the day that the server closes, it'll hit you the same way it hit me that you just wasted months... years of your life. The before (first day you were on RO) and after (day you stop) is incredibly depressing. The effect RO has had on your social life, your health, so many aspects of your life is so apparent when you have closure on RO, and the earlier you get out the better.
You can't say this, because you were one of us. You too, wasted months and years of your life.

I agree with Danielle. Though this is the reality, people play to get away from real life when they've reach a point in their life. I play for the enjoyment, though I feel I've accomplished quit a bit in my life. Never in my 4-5 years have I felt I wasted my time playing RO.

Best wishes on your endeavor (that's if you decide to come back to check up on this thread).

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 03:04 PM by Hoshi.)
04-24-2010 03:04 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

~Altera~ Wrote:For anybody under the delusion that the GMs will check logs and have solid evidence before they ban you, they don't.

I was banned with no evidence other than me saying that it was possible to double client with a laptop and a computer, which I know because me and my friend used to play on a laptop and a computer at my house when we were still non-trans.

depressing. The effect RO has had on your social life, your health, so many aspects of your life is so apparent

To the idiot who reported me for joking with my friends in guild chat and put me, Rinato, Lynn, and the GMs in this position:

They do. It may take a while to sift through the logs, but they do. Stop being butthurt. Actually, go change your review on RMS again. First you trash heRO, then it becomes a glowing OMGWIN review. Time to fix it again.

This has been doable ever since they banned dual clienting a couple years ago. Thankfully they understand that it's possible for siblings under one household can be playing under one IP. So apparently you've done something really stupid for them to think (or know, really) that you've been dualing.

Lol, depressing. I thought I was the one who was supposed to have no life. I even dedicated today's Trial of Heroes to you. *insert generic lol

I took a forced hiatus from heRO a few years back. Nothing. Bored? Yeah. Depressed? Not in the slightest. I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Yes, of course it's time wasted, all that time you could've invested... in another game. Or in real life. WHICH IS WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ATTEND TO FIRST. Oh wait. If it's really affecting your health, then I'd say you're the one who has problems, not heRO.

Ahhh... this makes me titter with laughter. I can't even put a generic lol here, it really made me laugh. AMJ says your story makes this entire situation look like an absurd mistake, and since I haven't heard it, I'd love to hear about it from the source. That's you. When you're done being depressed. And rediscover real life.

Regardless, have fun in life.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 03:54 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
04-24-2010 03:32 PM
Aneko Away
§†Twisted Mistress†§

You sure showed that guy who's the mature one by posting that video. Good luck in life!??^________________^

Once Proud Co-Leader Of Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social/Non Woe Guild ‡†¥

♥Lady Aneko: Lvl 99/70 FS High Priest
♥Hisa: Lvl 9x/6x High Wizard
♥Maki: Lvl 9x/6x Sniper
♥Honoka: Lvl 8x/5x Assassin Cross
-~Happily owned by Saiich Bloodbane~-
04-24-2010 10:41 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

bye davey Laugh

at least im pretty surre that was your name !

oh well

also ty for the "Full Support Copycat" title <3.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 11:02 PM by Sakurato.)
04-24-2010 10:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

meh, RO is escapism. If playing it affected your RL so much then you know you need to learn to manage your time a little bit better...

i am not on top of the full details of your ban, but you should know much worse have happened to people IRL just for insinuating even more trivial matters...

-w-
04-25-2010 12:38 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Cya

Ultima_Pi Wrote:They do. It may take a while to sift through the logs, but they do. Stop being butthurt. Actually, go change your review on RMS again. First you trash heRO, then it becomes a glowing OMGWIN review. Time to fix it again.

Actually, I'm fairly certain that GMs said that since there would be no way to conclusively prove that he was actually dual clienting that him saying it in guild chat (I don't know the context of the conversation, I wasn't around) regardless of context was considered proof enough for a full ban.??That's just what I've heard.

I'm not trying to imply that Altera did or did not deserve the ban.??As I said, I don't even know what he said.??But the fact that he said it is what got him banned from what I've heard - not any other proof.??He wasn't caught leeching himself, dealing himself, or anything else.??If what he said in guild chat was "Yes, I dual client because sometimes I can't find people to [activity - party, transfer, etc] with." then yea he deserved the ban.

If it was more of a joke between guild members like "Yea, lol, I totally dual client to make up for the slower fishing speed now - hahah" then maybe it should have born more looking into.??The GM team seems to fluctuate between extreme and easy modes.??The one dual client a while back was researched for weeks, if not longer (the guy using dual clients on the Gopnich map).??Altera got one comment in game and was gone with no further proof.

GM-Ayu - Re: Dual Client Ban for Cale, Labirt Wrote:This was an extensive operation since Sept 2nd until Dec 5th when we finally have enough evidence about these 2 accounts.

mahawirasd Wrote:i am not on top of the full details of your ban, but you should know much worse have happened to people IRL just for insinuating even more trivial matters...

True, much worse has happened to people IRL (duh, this is just a ban from one private server hosting a nearly-decade old video game)... but for much more trivial matters???How much more trivial can you get than talking with guild members (jokingly or not) about dual clienting in, as I said, a private server for a nearly-decade old video game?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2010 12:48 AM by azurerogue.)
04-25-2010 12:41 AM