Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vendor Map
Aziral Offline
Master Of All Evil

Vendor Map

So I was like minding my own business when this idea, wich I have once seen on a now-dead server, came back to me:

Would it be interesting to have a vendor map? You know, a simple place with a lot of space where you could teleport for free to go do every shopping you need?

Dont get me wrong, I know that the vendors everywhere are good for the economy and that the game was planned to be played that way, but when I look at prontera and try to look at every shop that are cramped everywhere on the street it feels...messy, for the least.

I do believe we could let the small utility shops around (selling values under 10k). But to move all of the heavy weight on a map where the spots that can activate the vending skills are all aligned in rows would make shopping cleanier and easier.

..But its just a suggestion, nothing urging at the moment. Then again, I'd like everybody to tell me what they think about this idea.
04-25-2010 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tetsuo Offline

RE: Vendor Map

i prefer us to have @whosells better than vendormap. but i know the answer of this proposal is still no.
04-25-2010 10:43 PM
Niyad Offline
Positivity

How about we put all shops in a designated area in prontera away from the streets? Like near the gift merchant or near the rp tavern?

Hmn, I doubt every shop will fit though..
04-26-2010 01:11 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Already been suggested, and I believe the answer from the GM team was "no".

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
04-26-2010 01:13 AM
Trapper Offline

I agree With Tetsuo.
@whosells would be better then a Vendor map.No1

AFK From Game.
04-26-2010 02:35 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Can we find the old thread and just sticky it so new players won't be mistaken that this is never thought of, and old players won't feel frustrated explaining this every single month?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
04-26-2010 03:08 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

I agree With Tetsuo and Trapper.
@whosells would be nice.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
04-26-2010 06:11 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

prontera.gat, imo.

Also, I would support @whosells if we had more vendors.

*waits for it

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-26-2010 06:16 AM
Aziral Offline
Master Of All Evil

if we had more vendor? half of this server population are vendor. Ok not half, but it might as well be: yesterday while online population was 302, merchants online where 142. And even if it'd be possible for merchant to be main caracter or juts played instead of selling, it would be useless to count them out since there are also selling smith and chemist that I dont even bother to count. So yeah, roughly 47%...

But even if the idea as been proposed already, if so many people are putting it each time, it means it as value Icon_biggrin

Also agree that @whosells would be the best.
04-26-2010 08:38 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Okay here is how you guys MAY get something like this.
Propose idea to GM team via T&D.

Get approval for said project.

Make a map for vending. Yeah if you want it THAT badly, don't make the GM team pay some other doofus a ton of money to get a map for our server. Remember, donation money to the server goes to advertising and upkeep of the server, if Pandora has extra she could pay someone else, but this isn't something that she is trying to make happen, you are!

Pass map info to appropriate people for it to be added. GM's will approve how it looks or not and you go edit as necessary. Also it may be good to add where you would like the npc's necessary for the map to be added. This would be stuff such as the warper, banker, and probably a kafra.

Then we test the map, we walk that joker back and forth and make sure we can't get stuck anywhere or that we get errors. Hell we probably may even have errors when trying to enter the map that would need fixing. Once that is done though...

Pandora will add it to the real server. Announcement is made about the new feature.

But yah, on the flip side, do you guys really want more rules on the server? I imagine that vending here would be the only choice, and there are things to consider such as this when making such a map:

1. Is it large enough to support everyone on the server NOW?
2. More organized with lanes like suggested to prevent clutter?
3. Can it support population growth over time?

So that's my thoughts on why I really wouldn't prefer a vendor map. I kind of like the choice of being able to vend wherever I want nearly (as long as I do not break the standing too close to npc rule). People should spread out a bit more. Guilds who vend in their guild town are pretty smart I think. Its a good way to show your guild has activity, and gets people visiting your town more. You never know, you could wind up even with a new member to your team at the end of it, or a new friend too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-26-2010 10:26 AM