Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
05-09-2010 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??Lucid Dream

Lunch Wrote:
Mort Wrote:The communities tend to do that. "Be nice or be cast out."

Not saying I'm rude all the time, but I prefer to be direct instead of smiling and pretending to like people that I in fact don't like.
Since when has being nice and friendly equalling dishonest? And since when has being rude being same as honest? It's not about pretending, it's about being who you are (though I do understand that pretention is frequent when it comes to online-socializing).

Sometimes, telling the truth can come across as rude, especially when beating around the bush doesn't work, you HAVE to be blunt to let it be known.

"Does this dress make my butt Look fat?" is a prime example of where most of us would tend to lie. "No not at all!, You look beautiful!" or other similar comments that would generally lead to false praise. Where others would be more like "No, your butt makes your butt look fat." Which is brutally honest, and can be considered rude.
05-09-2010 04:30 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE: Lucid Dream

I fail to see any connection between your comment and this guild.

One thing I want to clear that you definitely misunderstood:
We are not lying and we are not asking people to lie either!

Since you brought it up, however, also I have things to say;
There is a vague line between brutal honesty and courtesy. I personally don't see why being brutally honest is an admirable trait if it can make someone else feel bad, sad and frustrated. That is one of the issues we want to avoid happening, we want our members to feel good and have a positive image about themselves. It doesn't have to include any lying, unfortunately it's proven difficult for many to understand. Based on the couple of comments here.

Thinking

P.S. No sane person would answer like that to a woman. Instead of trying to create an argument, please think of various ways how a case like that could be solved. Appreciate the person's feelings! For example, mention that the blue dress matches her eye color and looks nicer on her instead of telling her she looks fat in the red one!
05-09-2010 10:20 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

i don't get the point over here...
All they are implying is the fact that there are several ways of giving someone your opinion.

Taking the dress thing as an example saying something like "maybe an other dress model would suit your bodytype better then this one" sounds realllllyyyy different then "The only thing i see in this dress is your ass"

The way i read things is that this guild would like to see people use the first example for giving your opinion over the second one.

Nobody said you have to lie about your opinion....

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-10-2010 05:12 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:??Lucid Dream

Kittie Wrote:i don't get the point over here...
All they are implying is the fact that there are several ways of giving someone your opinion.

Taking the dress thing as an example saying something like "maybe an other dress model would suit your bodytype better then this one"??sounds realllllyyyy different then "The only thing i see in this dress is your ass"

The way i read things is that this guild would like to see people use the first example for giving your opinion over the second one.

Nobody said you have to lie about your opinion....
Don't worry, Kittie, I'll post a short quote for you here. Sadly couldn't find one in simple english, hopefully this one will do;

"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate and adaptive manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation."

It's a matter of fact that it's not about opinions. Whatever opinion you have, you may have, all that is asked is to express it maturely. Thus, you are absolutely right, we do not want immature people or immature behaviour (which should've been clear since page number one, and rule about no swearing). From personal experience, if I must say so, only one person is more than enough to ruin a guild. We do not want that happening to us, that is why our rules are how they are.

P.S. As for Yuki, I'm really sorry for not commenting that you joined the guild on the forum earlier. But you know I hope you enjoy your stay, and I also hope to see you ingame soon again. :3
05-11-2010 01:07 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

hmhm i know what you mean Lunchie
I also forgot to wish you good luck with the guild x3 <3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-12-2010 03:56 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:??Lucid Dream

Kittie Wrote:hmhm i know what you mean Lunchie
I also forgot to wish you good luck with the guild x3 <3
I'm glad you understand. And thanks for the good lucks!

Icon_biggrin
05-13-2010 11:39 AM