Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vending for monsters
Firenotes Offline
Did you get that thing I sent you?

Vending for monsters

I have reposted this message into a new thread because where it was previously was so off topic.

I am fully aware of why @at on monster maps is ilegal. That is not what this post is about.

I'm talking about hangin out and just vending, yes I could supply friends with pots and things without them having to go back to town but as long as im not afk/@at i dont see whats wrong. And if i do get bot checked i can respond with whatever is needed to prove im still there. Say im camping with my alchemist while it kills things and all im doing is chatting and whatnot, I dont see the harm in vending some wares while I do so.

The only problem I see is that ppl could attempt to @at but wouldnt bot checks catch this. Or if they tried to LVL wouldnt being in a party show this right away.

I'm not one to stand up against the rules because this is not my house. But I would like to know exactly why I cannot do this. If nothing else but curiosity so that i could tell new ppl more than, "Thats just the rules" and to find out for myself. Because as long as your not afk/@at then map resetting isn't an issue imho. I miss the days I could vend redz in culverts or payon lvl one and help out the new ppl by selling underpriced pots while answering questions.

If its the unavailability of ppl to check if ppl are @at on monster maps sign me up. I just think we lost out on things our job is supposed to be able to do is all. Bring the wares to the buyers. I'd like my blacksmith to be more than autovending and sitting in pront forging.

All I am asking for is a more in-depth answer or a GM disscussion about it. Feel free to post your thoughts for or against my views and opinions.

Thanks for listening. Take it easy everyone. =)

Grim Skellington ~ HW ~ 94/62
Grim Reaper ~ Sniper ~ 94/64
Shaft ~ HP ~ 96/67
Grim Jr. ~ Sage ~ 94/50
Grim Savior ~ Paladin ~ 92/61
Undead Minion ~ Creator ~ 91/57
Grimmy Moogle ~ Clown ~ 74/42
05-07-2010 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

RE: Vending for monsters

I know there's something about people using @at on maps to stop monster spawns (RE: Juperos) so people were abusing setting up merchants to block things like that. I'm not sure on the full details though.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
05-08-2010 12:08 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

So many questions, I'll try to answer what I can.

If you're hanging out with your friends, then you're probably partying? Partying while vending is a no no, since you're could potentially use @at and not be there. Which is where the objections come from.

One of the other reasons is the one Zerrif spoke about. A merchant on a map, will stop a map from resetting, when someone goes away after luring monsters in a section. That is a no no. I found a player who had done that last year I think...

Say you're partying and you have really nice stuff in your cart and your friends need that healing pots to continue partying, I, Aki, wouldn't object to you doing a fast 3 minutes shop to sell them it. But more than that? It is hard to trace the line.

I feel like I answered in a most disorganized way Thinking

Still, its a start no? =)

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
05-08-2010 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

And if you are present yourself, you can really just trade them directly instead of setting up a vend which probably takes a longer time than just trading (and also you lose zeny to tax too.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-08-2010 01:20 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

This isn't relevant to the monster issue directly, but a response to Namine:

Sometimes vending is infinitely more convenient than trading. Again, not monster-map relevant, but I use vending in WoE to get supplies to people on the other side of the precast line when I'm on my Creator. Similar situation is less likely to arise in PvM - but it's still a potential use for the skill that is sad to lose D:

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-09-2010 01:37 AM
Firenotes Offline

Exactly, like vending fish/bluegems/rez leaves for 1z in a 6+ party where your only job is to carry these things for party members. A point that I'm glad you brought up azure. It's just faster to setup while the group is fighting so they can restock when needed than to deal to everyone individually. Would still like to vend fish/firearrows in mosco while i talk on main and let my vani kill stuff but thats a farcry I know =)

Shaft ~ HP ~ 96/67
Grim Jr. ~ Sage ~ 94/50
05-09-2010 05:07 AM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

In all honesty,the previous servers ive been on never had the issue of monsters not re spawning on monster maps as someone vended.I believe this issue can be fixed and further increase the economy on the server? I mean, it was awesome that you could buy Bgems, Ygg leaves,and other goodies down in nameless when party was low on stuff,there would be a certain corner,the one where the dead king is, there would be at least 4~5 shops dead merchies with Evil druid and the shop still on.And they never had ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER! in fact, the head GM team of the server Encouraged the vending on maps to helps more newer people.

If so possible to counter this issue,maybe some certain Npc can be placed on the map with some goodies selling, that can be unlocked to use after a small quest? think about the possibilities,it doesn't have to be a direct sale npc, Heres an Example of said Npc: [ "Hey, I managed to sneak in some YGG LEAVES, I can sell em to you at a nice deal if..." ] See my idea?

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
05-09-2010 10:39 AM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

I wasn't aware that vending on a map actually stopped mobs from respawning. I know there's a configuration switch to stop them from spawning within a player's view range, which could feasably set-up a "Safe Zone" in an aggro map, but the kind of spawning behaviour in question seems somewhat amiss.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
05-09-2010 11:27 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

If there is no player on the map, there are no mobs on the map to save memory space. That means, mobs get rearranged if there is no player 5 minutes long on the map. Assuming somebody wants to whore Juperos on sinx and lures ALL dimiks onto that tower, they'd stay there forever if he put a vend on that map.

Map resetting prevents that selfmade mapsetup over a longer period of time.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
05-09-2010 12:29 PM
Firenotes Offline

Again that all seems like @at on monster maps, exactly what this post isn't about. That would be easily bot checked and found out. If im vending on juperos and I'm not afk, thats my time I'm wasting to keep that map setup. Which by what I've said before I believe should be aloud. (imo)

Shaft ~ HP ~ 96/67
Grim Jr. ~ Sage ~ 94/50
05-10-2010 01:47 PM