Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you liked One Piece then...
myriea Offline

If you liked One Piece then...

Fairy Tail is a must watch!

The artist used to be an assistant for Eiichiro Oda (the artist of One Piece), so the drawing style is really, really really similar... Hence some may not like very much... but if you're a One Piece fan, I'm sure you won't mind it at all!

What's so good about it?
Simple, I can foresee a future with this anime... aka. potential, like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, and any other large scale anime/manga. And also the fact that it's somewhat new, means it's not too late to start (without spending sleepless nights trying to catch up to the most recent episode/chapter).

Right, but what is it about?

A young celestial wizard, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel, with his best friend, Happy. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer. He offers her membership into the guild, which she accepts, and they become a team performing various missions for the Fairy Tail guild.

Yeah well, got that bit off Wikipedia, but the main idea of this anime/manga is again (similar to One Piece), about friendship, and the bond of this 'Fairytail' guild. Like One Piece, it also goes into rather detail explaination of every character, their personalities, history, and very much even if they're the bad guys, you get to learn about their past and why they've become so.

There's also small bits of sweet romance involved for those that care (not the main story, but well, later... you'll need to watch/read to find out hehe). Since... One Piece really did lack romance if I'm not wrong (yes, I've followed One Piece for the past 5 out of 10 years since it's been played as anime).

----------------------------------------
Here's the link for online streamings of the anime: http://www.fairytailepisode.com/

And it's got over 180+ chapters on onemanga.com already, so yes, if you prefer manga, search there. Icon_smile

While I'm on the topic, you could also check out this manga called Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (name on OneManga.com; the to in Japanese actually means 'and'), they've just started airing the drama for this manga last week in Japan (first episode), but I ended up falling asleep during the drama... So I'd say the drama isn't worthy of watching (they've changed too much in the drama).

Now, comment, flame me, bump this, whatever... leave something, hehe.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010 05:38 AM by myriea.)
04-28-2010 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: If you liked One Piece then...

i would have to say that Fairy Tail is somewhat as enjoyable as One Piece...

zany, over the top, and dysfunctional as always, the characters are easily lovable...

though i still can't help but think "why god why do they have to be so disproportionate when it comes to breast size..."

-w-
04-28-2010 05:47 AM
myriea Offline

RE:??If you liked One Piece then...

mahawirasd Wrote:i would have to say that Fairy Tail is somewhat as enjoyable as One Piece...

zany, over the top, and dysfunctional as always, the characters are easily lovable...

though i still can't help but think "why god why do they have to be so disproportionate when it comes to breast size..."

-w-
LMAO!!! I totally agree with that!!! I actually find the younger Erza, Lucy and the gang to be cuter x3 because er, they haven't developed the HUGE breasts yet? Icon_razz But after reading every single page including where the artist gets mails/drawings from his fans (and then comments on them), you can tell he is pretty much perverted... Sweat
04-28-2010 07:19 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

-_-a

Only watched One Piece a few times when it came out. All I can really remember is Luffy was a total dork, and the sword guy was kick-arse.

Is O.p really that popular now? :o

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
04-28-2010 11:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I think whoever dubbed one piece killed it. That dog thing Lucy summons reminds me of Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo.

I like the action, and it's totally different from the mages of RO.
04-29-2010 05:44 PM
Aziral Offline
Master Of All Evil

@takhara well let's see...lets just say that in japan One piece is most likely more popular than both bleach and naruto right now. So yeah.

I know! I love One Piece and I cant get anough of fairy tail already! a very good manga/anime. And god knows I dont care if the drawing is nearly the same, tyhe story is different enough to create a new experience. Icon_biggrin

two tumbs up!

Az
04-29-2010 08:39 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

imho, that dog thing is actually a signature from the author's other comics (Rave, etc)... like how all clamp animes seem to have a mokona in it... Sweat

i dunno if the author is the same one that made Boboboboboob(or whatever) too, but even if he did not, i would say that the author of Bobobobo included that character because Bobobo is, if anything, a satire of other comics...

-w-
04-30-2010 05:20 AM
Proxyt Offline
The King

One Piece > Fairy Tail

But they're similar enough, One Piece got a good 9/10 from me, Fairy Tail maybe like 7/10 or 6/10. Not bad, but not as good as One Piece during Arlong -> CP9 arcs. Before and after those arcs One Piece might only be 6/10 or so too.

[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
05-01-2010 06:24 PM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

actually fairy tail has an anime...

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
05-04-2010 05:20 PM
myriea Offline

>Takhara & Aziral: One Piece (OP) IS actually more popular than Naturo in Japan. And sorry to the Naruto fans out there, OP pwns Naruto anytime... At least in the way that OP is much more fast paced and keeps you laughing and crying at the same time... where as Naruto... let's just leave it at that. Icon_razz

>Proxyt: I've always loved OP too, but the problem is that the waits are getting too long for me (since I usually wait for several months at a time before I pull a few all-nighters to catch up again), so picking up FT sounded like an awesome idea. Heh, I think FT has a huge potential... give it a few more years for storyline and character development, it'll get there. Icon_wink

Oh and as for RAVE, it looks sweet... will read it when I get the time for sure... xD
05-06-2010 01:58 PM