Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battle Priest Build?
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

Battle Priest Build?

Okay, so I've been debating changing to battle priest since I got 89 (Mainly because I don't really care, and think it's a fun idea), but I'm still kind of lost on skills. I wanted something that took advantage of battle priest abilities, but was also able to support parties to an extent (of course, not to the extent that a FS could). This is what I came up with.

--

Divine Protection Level 5
Demon Bane Level 10
Ruwach Level 1
Pneuma Level 1
Teleportation Level 2
Warp Portal Level 4
Heal Level 10
Increase Agility Level 10
Aqua Benedicta Level 1
Angelus Level 1
Blessing Level 10
Holy Light Level 1 Quest Skill
Increase Spiritual Power Level 5
Safety Wall Level 10
Resurrection Level 1
Mace Mastery Level 10
Impositio Manus Level 3
Aspersio Level 4
Sanctuary Level 3
Recovery Level 1
Magnificat Level 5
Lex Divina Level 5
Lex Aeterna Level 1
Assumptio Level 5
Meditatio Level 5
Mana Recharge Level 5
Redemptio Level 1 Quest Skill

---

The thoughts I had with this skill build was something that took advantage of Mana Recharge, but I figure that without Signum Crucis I'm not fully taking advantage of a battle priest's abilities (-50% DEF on targeted monsters sounds pretty nice). I opted for medi 5 and safety wall so I could support parties (since I'll be giving up INT for STR/VIT, I won't be healing for as much as a FS would). Everything else is just the barebones build / requirements.

Thoughts?

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
05-08-2010 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Battle Priest Build?

My only gripe with Battle priests Partying people, is their dex is usually only enough to hit stuff. This makes their cast pretty slow compared to most priests, and makes the upkeep of buffs on your team members a full time job, especially with mag/assumptio.??I'd get at least lvl 7 Swall so I'd know that your Swall can be cast as fast as it can be regardless of your dex, and still get some leftover skill points. No objections to medi5, your cast is gonna be slow so you want it to last as long as it can.

I'd invest in cure, as it's fast (little aftercast delay), and it curse silence, chaos and blind. All really handy for a priest regardless of build. Other options, finish putting points in Impo, or try to get Suffragium for when you're partying/tanking for casters?

Personally I don't see Battle priests finding too many parties.??But if they do,??Partying with a battle smith??for those sexy sexy buffs (adrenalyne rush and Overthrust) would make it??fun. However, If they're a whitesmith, Cart termination would make you pretty much useless.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2010 12:58 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-08-2010 12:54 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

I opted recovery over cure so I could cure freeze, reset non-aggressive mobs, change aggro. You think I should switch, or pull a point out from elsewhere?

I'm also aiming for 60-80ish dex, without buffs (Gears will be STR/VIT), since I'm not planning AGI route (tank/fighter priest is most likely what I'll aim for). Maybe pull 3 points from Safety Wall (leaves it at 7) and go for 3 suff for when I tank for casters. Hmm.

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

05-08-2010 01:14 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

I think it's worth having both of them if you can fit them in somehow. Otherwise if you're fine with lex divina for curing silence, and fine with ignoring blind (even though??it makes agi chars get hit more often due to blind reducing??hit/flee).??Chaos honestly doesn't see much use, and I can see leaving cure out. But if we get another person to take Ayu's place as resident Evil Genius on the GM team, I think we'd agree it's worth having.

Otherwise I'd stick with recovery. The ability to cure stun/freeze is far too invaluable not to have, even with cure. If you really want cure without spending the points, I suppose you could try getting an Obeaune Card.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2010 01:22 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-08-2010 01:21 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I will much rather lower meditatio level by 1, just to get cure again.

Any priest of any build that does not have status recovery or cure, should just delete the character.

Personally, I prefer ~60 dex before bless. That will tie in dex with the old but still acceptable FS Priest before the metagame changed to dex/vit and leaving int to be the one that's lowest. You'll still need agi to try to get a reasonable aspd. Even with horn of the buffalo and angel wing type of ASPD boosting gears, battle priest's speed is really hard to get to 170+ area without sacrificing a lot of power...

Battle Priest is one of those awkward things that use "every stat but luk" it's ridiculously hard to balance...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-08-2010 01:57 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Battle Priest Build?

Namine Wrote:Battle Priest is one of those awkward things that use "every stat but luk" it's ridiculously hard to balance...
And I'm one of those people who've tried to make a crit/caster build that spreads the stats even thinner.

Keyword: tried.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2010 02:40 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-08-2010 02:39 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

Ridiculously hard, but can you believe I'm having fun trying to do it? Icon_razz

There were the end stats I was looking at. (Base + Job bonuses, no gears)

STR: 73+7
AGI: 42+8
VIT: 63+7
INT: 58+12 (This could be lowered to 57 because 57 + 12 + 99 = heal bonus XD)
DEX: 60+9
LUK: 1+2
Leftover Status Points: 13

If I lower INT to 57, I get 20 Status points. Not a lot to work with really, but i'm not taking into consideration any buffs or equipment values, which allow me to play around more.

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

05-08-2010 11:32 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Worse than a combo monk. Seriously.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
05-08-2010 11:35 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

Zaratus Wrote:Worse than a combo monk. Seriously.
teOx Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Str battle priest are fail.

Only hope for battle priest is autospelling with cards such as kasa and mutantdragonoid. Assumptio/kyrie + heal + sw/pneuma + time will give them the edge in 1 v 1.

silence noob.

my guildie on iRO:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/Nesipopo/videos/13/

lrn2solo thors on high priest

Yay ancient post ftw
05-08-2010 12:29 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Zaratus Wrote:Worse than a combo monk. Seriously.

Self sufficiency, low (or directly zero) cost, high stun rate, *SIGNUM CRUSIS ACCESS* while still being able to handle lower end parties like Nameless is what sets battle priest and combo monk apart. Even battle priest can still handle basic nameless duty. Haven't seen combo monk invited as even a simple buffbot yet.

Far from being super DPS or highly capable, but it's a decent solo character that really use close to no resources. This may not seem relevant due to fish at a relative low price as a sp recovery item, but in other places, this advantage is more visible.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-08-2010 01:23 PM