Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Vote for Points rewards

I can see a lot of players are concerned about the Vote for Points, I originally intended to only announce the reward June 1st (when it starts), but getting some input before that can't hurt, in fact it can only help, right?

Since I'm giving everyone a chance to express their opinion before officially deciding the rewards, I hope this thread will be kept respectful and flame-free.

I'm placing this in the poll section although it does not yet have a poll, but eventually it will.

Original plan:

I find the game is lacking in nice mid / lower headgear, we have some but not that many, official servers has more, mostly in their Cash shop and I thought voting would be a nice way of making them available here. It adds more creativity in looks, but some of them also have desirable little bonus.

I chose a dozen mid/lower headgears so far, and I have planned to release a different 1 each month of the year, available 4 different ways:
  • With Vote for Points, only during said month
  • Via donation, only during said month (don't go hating, no one is being forced to donate, it's only 1 option available)
  • Sold at the fairy auction of said month (just 1)
  • Purchased with zeny in game via a npc (sink!) some months later than the 3 above ways, only for that month

Some of the ones I have my eyes on:

Ninja's Scroll [0 def, Increase MATK by 1%]
[Image: 59v4zp.jpg]

Peco Peco Ears [1 def, AGI + 1, MDEF + 2]
[Image: dqk7ib.jpg]

Black Glasses [1 def, INT + 1, MDEF + 2]
[Image: vp836e.jpg]

Naughty Fairy [1 def, Perfect Dodge + 3]
[Image: xc2hs8.jpg]

Fish Mouth [0 def, 5% chance to get Fresh Fish on kill, Fresh Fish recovery rate + 25%]
[Image: 8ys4d1.jpg]

So for example, 1 Ninja's Scroll would be sold at fairy auction in June, and from June 1st to June 30th it could also be voted/donated for. Then from August 1st to August 31st players would be able to buy Ninja's Scroll for 1 Million Zeny at the GM assistant npc in Prontera. Come september it would only be available in game by purchasing it from other players who got their hands on it, up until June/August of 2011.

Addendum:

Originally the plan was to leave the gear bonus intact, aka what official server have decided. That would result in some month having hats that everyone want to get their hands on and other months unpopular hats.

"Official Server" is not always synonymous with balance, so we could also alter some of the stats on those hats to make them a bit more appealing if they are useless and a bit more reasonable if they are overpowered. But it's icky because not everyone has the same view of what's reasonable and what isn't (while official bonus can simply be blamed on Gravity! XD)

So basically, this what I have in mind so far. I'm pretty set on the idea of having mid/lower headgears and Ninja's Scroll is the one I chose for June, whether we got for "official" bonus or "revised for heRO" is still not decided.

Suggestions as to what could also be available with vote points are most welcome. And I want to address the ones that I've seen suggested so far:
  • Donation rewards (gb/obb/opb) -> Probably not, those can be obtained in game already anyway and they are rather abundant due to gear dropping them or event.
  • GM Service -> Maybe, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Consumable like those in Muspel -> Maybe, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Cookies -> I wont have time for heRO itself if I'm baking all the time, so I'll pass on this one. I did however promise that cookies would be offered at the same time that the real-life heRO meeting is happening, so on that specific occasion I'll bake a bunch, but I don't want to be doing that all year long -_-
  • Ingredients for quests -> Hmmm no, go hunt them! Or make use of the Bulletin Board ^_^;
  • Light potions -> Those will be obtainable via the Death Zone PVP mode once it's added.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-10-2010 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

RE: Vote for Points rewards

*Votes*

*_*

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
05-10-2010 03:07 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think lots of different rewards for voting for points should be there as an option.??This way players don't only get 1-2 choices every few months, and can instead choose to spend points another way.

I'm still plopping down that the muspel consumables be one of the possible rewards.??

First Aid and Scroll packs being available could be a nice thing to use too.

Poring Boxes as of this time really aren't very obtainable by any reasonable means I believe other than through a few events and quests.??

I also wanted to have those headgears that are lower/mid be headgear made like some of the oldschool iro hats.??Alas I guess that's not where they are going to go in the end.??But I'm a hat making addict when there are things to be made that they will get done.

If you do the zeny sink one month method, try to make it where people can't buy tons of them from various accounts. TRY to limit how many times each account can be used to buy the gear otherwise we'll have huge problems with some possibly becoming too rich from these gears if they are only like 1mil zeny each to get :<

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 03:12 PM by Aaronock.)
05-10-2010 03:11 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Hmm, My only complain is??with the naughty fairy. It reminds me too much of Elven ears. ( and the fact ninja scroll is sorta subpar to White hip ribbon/white necktie but I suppose looks are a whole nother thing)

I've gotten poring boxes from killing the santa poring and Santa poporing around Lutie.

Also,??how many points = which item? When??you use points to get an item, are those points used up like money? or do you??keep them to show that you've voted?

Also, I wouldn't mind getting hatter vouchers for voting.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 03:30 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-10-2010 03:25 PM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

Well, gotta say the idea of different gear every month really probably will result in fluctuations in votes. Maybe getting to choose from 2 every month? Would reduce the waiting time if you miss it, honestly I don't know whether I'm still gonna be here after a year.
Also make it a top-notch reward, not THAT much accessible.

Well, I still don't like the whole idea but it seems to be inevitable.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 03:27 PM by Mort.)
05-10-2010 03:25 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

I would like to see those items also placed into the hatter, perhaps after a few months. That might help leviate the value of them over time?

I do like the idea of voting for points, for those of us who can't afford to donate and cant afford to purchase the items later in the game.

*really wants the naughty elf ears and black glasses to go with my red glasses <3*
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 04:15 PM by Iced Blue.)
05-10-2010 03:51 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

There's a bazillion mid/lowers.

I'll have to agree with Jens though, sucky headgear = vote flux. I'm a headgear noob, so I'd vote every month just to toss the headgear into storage for collection +1.

The only way to fair rebalance the mid/lowers is to make them do nothing. At which point, you'd have to nerf every OTHER mid/lower already in the game.

And...cookies, imo. No one said you had to bake 1 cookie for every point. Maybe top votes from a person over the period of 2-3 months? Shipping is going get to you if you do it too often though.

P.S. Aya brought a good point in game. Black Glasses for 1 mil is lol, seeing as Red Glasses hover around 8-10.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 04:14 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
05-10-2010 04:02 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Oh good point on the black glasses.. Are they basicly the same stats *is to lazy to double check*
05-10-2010 04:19 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Oh, sorry that part wasn't clear, 1M is for Ninja's Scroll, because the bonus is not that great, but it wont be the same prize for all gears. I have various prices in mind, adding up to a grand total of 100M for all 12 gears together. XD

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-10-2010 04:22 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Could you clear up whether these mid/low gears are any class or class specific (ninja scroll is not just for ninjas?)

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
05-10-2010 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply