Poll: Sounds Guud?
Purdy Guud. /ok
Not so Guud. /shy
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Capture The Flag event!
Arukei Offline
Ruled by Secrecy

PvP Capture The Flag event!

As some of you may be wondering, how can we play Capture the Flag on heRO!? There is a way, I've seen a way, I've modified this way to my ideas. I was asking people on mainchat and some automatically shouted "BATTLEGROUNDS", but this is pure Capture The Flag. A fellow player doubted my idea until I had explained it to him and agreed that with proper scripting and whatever modifications GMs choose to make, it should work out.

Requirements!
There are some requirements, obviously. We need two teams! Consisting of five to ten players. There are no level restrictions, but players should be aware that it's obvious you shouldn't bring in an extremely low leveled character if there's going to be experienced PvP players joining in the game.
Before the game is started GMs should disable player skills and PvP to avoid any unnecessary deaths. When the game starts, skills can be used and PvP will be activated. It's best advised that players in such teams should be in parties.

Colours!
Most importantly, there is the awesome classic blue vs. red team! So some special palettes are in need maybe? This is what I was kinda thinking;
[Image: pallettes.png]
But it's solely up to GMs as to what colours are used. I chose RMS Looney's Dyes 320 for Blue, and 420 for Red.

Map!
Most important of all, we need a map! So this is what I had in mind!
[Image: Flavius.png]
On each end there will be flags, the flags used for guild castles set up in town. And yes, this is one of the battlegrounds maps. I thought it would work perfectly for the game. It's called the Flavius map.

The Flags!
These are NPCs kinda like healers (It can also buff, like basic agi/bless but I think just HP/SP heal would be more ideal for raw power of players). But they only heal the players on that one team the flag represents. But to the opposing team, it's what they aim for. This is where the PvP comes in to play, you need to retrieve your flag somehow when it's taken! So you gotta kill'em. Kill'em hard. Icon_mad
When a player abducts your team flag by clicking on your flag, a map-wide announcement will display "Player has the Red/Blue Team's flag!". That way everyone knows who has it and who to target/protect. Should you fail to kill off the player that's abducted your precious flag, another map-wide announcement will display "Player from Red/Blue Team has successfully captured Red/Blue Team's flag!" and then "Current Score! Red: # Blue: #". But that's when they successfully run ALL THE WAY back to the other side of the map and click on their flag. But of course, you all being fun competitive PvPers, surely you'll get them before they make it there.Icon_wink
Remember: Kill'em hard. Kill'em real hard. Icon_mad

Points and Rewards!
Like in the bold part where it says "Current Score!", there will be points! Each team will keep running back and fourth slaughtering each other until one team hits the required limit of points. I'm thinking this could be from 50-100 points. Or whatever limit the GMs deem to set it at. After every game I think there should be a server-wide message saying "Red/Blue Team won today's game of Capture The Flag!". Then the winning players will gain one point to their names in a CTF point ladder system of some sort. And whenever a player gets to say.. 10, 25, 50, 100, 150, 200 points from the games they have played they win a prize of some sort. As to what sort of prize, I haven't a clue! That too is up to the GM team to decide! But maybe like the Nobility Herald, there will be a NPC to enter CTF and to see who ranks highest point-wise.

On a side note...
I forgot to mention that players are allowed to choose what teams they'd like to be on, but whenever that team fills up with too many players they will be warped to whichever side needs more players (if that's possible..). And possibly the game could have two set days during the week when it would be hosted, kinda like WoE. But not like WoE at all.

This is just a basic idea of the game! I haven't any clue or idea as to if this will be accepted with open arms and adopted into our event system or if it'll just be thrown to the side.

But do bug the GM team to accept it if it sounds like a good idea.Evil

[Image: Tozai-1.jpg]
ilu Egg!
Kei's fail art spot!
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2010 12:07 PM by Arukei.)
05-12-2010 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: PvP Capture The Flag event!

Imo would be more fun with a point system.

10 000 points to win. After 20 mins the team with the most points wins if none have reached 10000 points.

Your team kills a player of the of the oposite team: 10 points.
Your team kill a player carrying a flag of the oposite team: 50 points.
Your team steals a flag: 100 points
Your team captures a flag: 1000 points.

You should be able to hide/clock when carrying a flag, however flags position should always be given on the minimap to give a chance.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-12-2010 02:40 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

That map is the Battlegrounds map by the way (you said Battlefield).

I like the overall idea, but our current GM team is already full of projects to script/test, including the Death Zone PVP and the Battlegrounds.

You should join the test&dev team and post about it there then see if any player wants to give making this a try.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-12-2010 03:20 PM
Arukei Offline
Ruled by Secrecy

Thinking I don't know if I would have the time to be on the test&dev team, what do they do?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Imo would be more fun with a point system.

10 000 points to win.??After 20 mins the team with the most points wins if none have reached 10000 points.??

Your team kills a player of the of the oposite team: 10 points.??
Your team kill a player carrying a flag of the oposite team: 50 points.??
Your team steals a flag: 100 points
Your team captures a flag: 1000 points.

You should be able to hide/clock when carrying a flag, however flags position should always be given on the minimap to give a chance.??

Hence the map-wide announcement of who has the flag. c:

And your idea for the point system does sound pretty fun.

[Image: Tozai-1.jpg]
ilu Egg!
Kei's fail art spot!
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2010 12:10 PM by Arukei.)
05-13-2010 12:06 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to all the above Ok

-w-
05-13-2010 10:33 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Sounds pretty fun. Any idea on number of people per team? I think 6 rounds off pretty well. 8 works well, too. I'm taking this in reference to standard FPS matches, which usually have a 8v8 or lower limit for this sort of game mode.

Question: Will we have Redeemers or Big Keg o' Health on this map? Icon_smile

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2010 10:43 PM by Galt.)
05-13-2010 10:43 PM