Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Net Neutrality
Captain Usopp Offline

Net Neutrality

Stay informed stay active because they are coming for you.

Youtube vid on the subject

Article on may 7th on the ruling

Those to lazy to click links. Basically I saw a commercial on basic tv last night trying to argue against "regulation of the internet". Do not be fooled, the peple who have the money to wage this campaign are the ones trying to change the internet. The telecoms are trying to make it, because it is their cables and they put it in, so that they can regulate who gets what and for how much. This is an American problem at the moment but it will soon affect everyone. Everyone that uses the internet should be worried and fight hard to protect it.

Characters:Captain Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Zarathustra, Zoroaster
05-12-2010 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Net Neutrality

Something related to keep an eye on:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-773

Basically if this passes the president can declare an "emergency" and "close the internet" either whole or in part (via controling the GNS registry server which are in the USA)

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-12-2010 03:48 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

What the hell? funny how im normally republican, but hell if i let a corporation say what i can and can not see/say on the net.

And great MORE government running our lives? just what we need. -.-
05-12-2010 04:26 PM
Captain Usopp Offline

Argument against the fox news take on the story

Characters:Captain Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Zarathustra, Zoroaster
05-14-2010 03:08 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hi, I want to say that if you guys want to blame "republicans" on this one, our government has really stepped more into our lives this past decade with Bush+Obama more than it ever should have bothered to.

Also Zoroaster, can you PLEASE not use crappy references for this.
I had to go to BBC to get a less opinionated effing source for this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8666826.stm

Anyway, I don't trust the FCC to really run the net that great, nor any government organization. If we ever did allow internet providers (including government) to handle what we get to see and how the net is delivered, we destroy the best part of the net. This great thing being able to have grassroots media. Yes I know its ironic I said your media sucked that you posted, but those guys wouldn't even be known really without the internet and how it is handled now.

Also it should not be the national government giving us all internet access in our homes. There are tons of public places that offer internet for free, it is the problem of the people to not use these public places, the library being one of them. Libraries I've been to even sometimes offer basic computer classes so you can even learn how to use it for checking e-mail and making documents at least.

On a final note, I hope to god President's never can just shut down the 'net in "emergencies." The net has given us one of our best ways of quickly communicating on a wide network globally. I don't really see a better thing coming for a long time to come. XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-14-2010 04:39 PM