Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP?
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP?

@Krim cause I don't feel like quoting: XP I thought you were deeming the wiki useless just cause Fairyland wasn't done, that was my fault.

However :x Sadly, we have to leave monster stuff to the GMs since the rest of us can't get at the info for them.

@Other convo: ._. So...I suck at RO because I don't have a sniper or a priest? Well crap.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2010 01:30 PM by Fruityla.)
05-17-2010 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Yes, this thread has served its purpose from my point of view unless new information will be added.

Trapper Wrote:I Did ask GM-Pandora About Dragon Manteau abt 2 or 3 days ago.
Whether it will Get Dropped from some other monster in Future.
And the Reply Was It is not Going to be Changed.
Yes, that is possible, but it was before this suggestion was posted. According to Namine:
Namine Wrote:Then just toss everything on a stupidly hard mvp because it's easier to increase drop rate one way or another later, than to have it be flooded in market beyond control.
This implies it was not done due to some deep analysis, but because something had to be done with it. As Namine said, it is always easier to increase droprate than to reduce item availability (exact case: Linen Gloves which turned from 3% to 0.3%).

I tried to make this suggestion thread 'balanced' - in other words, list pros and cons, but also I tried to present which classes gain the most and the least of this set. The class which is considered the most powerful, snipers, can get a bonus out of this set, but it is not a very powerful bonus. This set benefits mostly stalkers, combo champs and agi knights - but also gunslingers and agi ninjas.

Nobody wrote here 'Irx, you are wrong. Dragon set will influence X, Y, Z, making class A even more imbalanced'. This means I am either right or at least not horribly wrong.

I did not suggest making this set too easy to get. It would conflict with the 'Market Flooding Argument' (Linen Glove, again), but I suggest letting the Manteaus... trickle into HeRO to see what happens.

Aaronock Wrote:Irx still hasn't gotten a GM reply as for why it is the way it is.
And I hope I will not get a response soon. This is no easy topic, I'd prefer a response after a week or two, to be honest, because hasty decisions only preserve status quo. Besides, the more people write here, the more points of view we get - although I disagree with Corporal he made several interesting points and I appreciate his voice in this discussion.

Corporal Wrote:Hey, guess what? RO isn't balanced. Deal with it.
True, poor ninjas and gunslingers should know this the best :-(. Fortunately, HeRO staff noticed this fact and a new lower headgear was created to make their life less miserable. In other words, a custom item was created to improve the balance.
Dragon Manteau, as I presented in the first post will help mostly characters which need flee (not Agi but flee as Corporal noticed and I managed to miss) and are not very fit to do ToH (sin, agi knight, combo monk, rogue). From those characters only SinXes have a flee granting armour (Gandora) and so this set is a buff mostly for those other classes which are weaker PvM-wise.

I am not asking for a custom item to buff some classes, but for making a set buffing underpowered classes PvM-wise more available.

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:The best way to achieve balance is to update on a regular basis to avoid a class being 'OP' for a duration of time unequal with its counterpart other classes waiting for their patch to 'shine'.
I wouldn't be able to say it better.

--------------------

Unless any new arguments on topic are presented, for me this thread is done and all we can do is wait. I am not asking to prove me wrong, I am asking if I missed anything or where did I make a mistake in my analysis.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
05-17-2010 01:31 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

On topic argument:

Truthfully, I think Nidhoggur is a colossal failure of a customized dungeon ._. Glorified nameless, nothing more and it is probably less. If it's not for Duneyrr standing in an unavoidable square in floor 2, everyone can walk directly to floor 4 until they encounter the random spawn Duneyrr.

Fixing it (be it drops or AI, more AI than the drops) by whoever else is not a bad idea at all. Or even, someone rebuild the dungeon from ground zero.

EDIT: Oops, seems like I missed a line in one of these posts. Someone already asked the GMs by support ticket, and Pandora already said monsters aren't going to be changed. What's there left to argue about? GM already gave an answer.

It seems that what we have is what it will be.

EDIT 2: Don't post in forums on serious matters as you struggle with the government on annoying things. Aki poked me and clarified that it's only about the dragon manteau that's going to stay on the MvP for the meantime (so it's not going to move to draco or whatnot for awhile). As for anything else in the dungeon, it's still up in the air but that's probably beyond the scope of this thread.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2010 10:30 PM by Namine.)
05-17-2010 07:45 PM
Trapper Offline

So This seems to be the permanent stats of Draco.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_na...rch=Search

So is it gonna be made less powered now in HeRo?Question Mark

AFK From Game.
07-18-2010 05:37 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Irxallis Wrote:Now, I have to admit I cannot understand why Gravity hates PVM stalkers so much to give the nicest equipment to SinXes only

You never read Encyclopedia Dramatica. They say the way Gravity "balances" the game is by nerfing every class but SinX.

Rogues/Stalkers usually do get shafted. Just the way it is.

@Fruityla I'd like to think I helped inspire the sudden increase in Stalkers.
07-18-2010 07:41 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

What the hell was up with this necro post? D:

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-18-2010 09:41 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Hey ask Trapper. He revived it.
07-18-2010 12:53 PM
Trapper Offline

RE:??Dragon Manteau and Nidhoggur MVP?

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Hey ask Trapper. He revived it.
I Love Resurrecting dead topics.
Not Really.Sweat
I was asking if the GM's Would powered down Draco and throw it out of the boss category monsters.
After all it is a normal monster in Official and other P.Servers.Icon_smile

AFK From Game.
07-18-2010 11:00 PM