Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Giftwrap
Tsetsume Away
\o/

Giftwrap

Don't you hate it when you find something really cool and you want to give it to your friend - so you deal them and they go "? | What is it? | Tell me what it is first."?

Then when you either tell them or they see it in the deal window they dont want it???I hate that.??:3

The other day I was in the mine and got an orichalcum ore and decided to give it to my friend because I know she wants them.??She accepted and everything of course but I didnt like how the surprise was ruined as soon as I put the ore into the deal window.

So I thought to myself "It would be awesome if it were in its own little gift box or maybe just gift wrapped."??And thats my idea!??A gift wrap NPC!

People can take their gifts to this NPC and itll gift wrap it for them to give to their friends who can unwrap it and be surprised after the trade is completed!??\o/

No more "Nah Ive already got one of those" leaving you feeling bummed out because your good thoughts and/or hard work went to nothing.??:<

Now it can be "Oh wow - Ive already got one of these but thanks!"??Now they can sell it or break it or use it in a quest!??XD

Good for birthdays, barmitzfas, Christmas, Hannukah, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, just cuz, or even Labor Day!
Happy Labor day!??I got you strong picks!??Get to work!??XD

I suppose it could contain more than one if you gave her more than one to gift wrap... I have no idea how scripting works.??Icon_razz

I imagine you'd have to bring her some oil or slick paper, a ribbon (the unslotted headgear you can buy from an armor dealer), and some resin or sticky mucus and some zeny and she could do it for you.??Or maybe you can buy some wrapping paper and "wrapping lace" (packing ribbon) - which are both Christmas mob drops - from a vendor NPC then use these items to create the gift with the Giftwrap NPC.??Maybe even choose a box type or paper colors since there are a LOT of box sprites out there.??Maybe a more expensive box would make for a more ostentatious presentation.??Like the bell ribbon box sprite.??<3

Anyway - that's my idea!??\o/

[Image: TsetsUndyHeadsKusaSig.png]
05-20-2010 02:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Giftwrap

I'm not even 100% sure I'd ever use this (I'm a stingy bastard). But I'm 100% sure I'm in love with this idea!

Tsetsume for mayor!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-20-2010 02:33 AM
Niyad Offline
Positivity

S> Gift Box 25k

-consumer opens it and gets a stone-

X3

I have a shop.
05-20-2010 02:39 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

I like it. But can this be done at all? Unfortunately I think modifying eathena would be needed. Or you would have to add a second item to the database for every item already in existence for a gift version of that item, which seems a bit excessive.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 02:53 AM by TPC.)
05-20-2010 02:52 AM
Icey Offline
How 'bout no?

I like this idea! <3

Icey-Tea~ | 7x/4x | Sniper
Amelia Windrunner | 9x/50 | Hunter
Scarlet Heartstrings | 4x/3x | Merch

Find 'Jez' on main if you need me.
05-20-2010 02:54 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Giftwrap

TPC Wrote:I like it. But can this be done at all? Unfortunately I think modifying eathena would be needed. Or you would have to add a second item to the database for every item already in existence for a gift version of that item, which seems a bit excessive.

Basically, this.
Or else the game will not know what to spit out of the box at the other end.

No, we're not adding a GB version of every item. (And that doesn't include refined, or carded and the such versions. >.>)

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-20-2010 03:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

I like the idea, but i think this would confuse and get mixed up the original gift boxes with this ones if the sprite's the same. That'd screw up everything.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-20-2010 05:23 AM
sonar0m Offline

what if it was done by NPC ie like ToH rewards? same idea but no phical object.

[Image: 2vxg4n5.png]
-sonar0m
heads fly, imagination fly's, imagine your head flying.
05-20-2010 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Giftwrap

sonar0m Wrote:what if it was done by NPC ie like ToH rewards? same idea but no phical object.

+1 Would be really easier to implement with an npc. Someone dump an item to an npc, and the npc give him a voucher or give him a code that the person need to write down. Then that persone gives the voucher/the code to the other and he/she/it go takes his/her/its gift.

But you know what is the "plus value" of this? People could use that to transfert gear. (btw people have been asking a gear-transfert-npc for years)

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-20-2010 11:58 AM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Didnt they have something simalar to this durning an xmas event on iro?

They didnt keep it up after the event was over, but I remember vaguely of people talking in pront about having to hunt the xmas cookies so they could wrap their gifts.
05-20-2010 12:06 PM