Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May 2010 ToH appreciation poll
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

May 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Please take note you can check multiple choices in the poll*

I would like details on your ToH appreciation in order to set-up next ones.

Monsters were
10 Strouf
7 Dullahan
5 Owl Duke
3 Blue Acidus
1 Kathryn

Items were (with 30 minutes to collect)
45 Silk Shawl
35 Hair on Fire
25 Pirate Treasure Chest
12 Goat Milk
8 Piece of armor

Radiance Questions were
What is the relationship between Pixie and Pico? brother/sister
What skill doubles the damage from the next source of damage? lex aeterna
What is the dancer?s equivalent to the bard?s skill A poem of Bragi? fortunes kiss/lady luck
Azote Questions were
Which card protects from brute monsters by 30%? orc warrior
What is the % damage taken by a ghost 2 property monster from a neutral attack? 25
How many SP does a heal level 8 basically requires? 34
What is the minimum required base level to apply for the supernovice job quest? (numerical only) 45
7 Questions. You got 2 bonus questions

Please take note you can check multiple choices in the poll*

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
05-22-2010 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: May 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Needs less KSing in the item part. I lost points to that Icon_cry

Overall good. Maybe it should have slightly higher difficulty in the monster part (other than than round 5 which was about as hard as it should have been). Siblings should have been an answer in the first trivia question. Good mass battle which is unusual.

Thanks for a fun event Icon_biggrin

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2010 03:44 PM by TPC.)
05-22-2010 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
Nyalyn Offline

Trivia questions 1 and 5 were silly on account of not accepting "sibling/siblings" and "25%".
Mass PvP is as silly as always on account of teamkilling.

<animu picture>
<pretentious quote, possibly in latin>
<character list and level wank-off>
05-22-2010 03:38 PM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

Trivia confuuuuusing but thanks for the last question xD

and from a 92 LK's point of view, first 4 monster runs were WAY too easy, I daresay points for free.
and maybe next time you wanna put Kate there, get rid of her lv 48941324 JT? Whistle

Otherwise, I had fun, except for the long waiting periods, but that's every toh, I guess.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2010 04:42 PM by Mort.)
05-22-2010 04:41 PM
Yonanja Offline

Being my first ToH, I had a pretty good time =)
Think the monsters was pretty balanced, at least for me (which could mean too easy for everyone else, I dunno XP)
Item search... felt like there where way too many players for the map. KSing was kinda rampant. And yes, I happened to attack someone elses mob on a few ocasions. I apologize for that =(
Trivia was a little confusing with the first few questions, like number 1 (which I didn't know the answer to anyways =P), and question 3, I just can't see how fortunes kiss (+crit) equals Bragi (+cast speed/-delay), or is there something else that ties those together?Icon_biggrin

But yes, overall it was very funIcon_biggrin
05-22-2010 08:13 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

I found monster trial to be a bit on the easy side for snipers, but on the harder side for casters. High def-low mdef monsters would have definitely balanced that out a bit.

Item trial was fine, but there was /a lot/ of KSing going on. Suggestion: try to incorporate more monsters into it, so it spreads out the targets?

Trivia was alright (minus the first question, which was slightly confusing in terms of wording). However, giving 7 questions for trivia is already over the top in terms of balancing - maybe even too easy. Also, the trivia seemed to go pretty slowly, but that's not much we can change unless people stop talking.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-22-2010 08:54 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

Monster trial was pretty balanced for the most part. I played a 95 BS, first ToH. Honestly I expected something harder. Had I been playing WS I'd say some monsters were too easy. For pre-trans melees I'd say they were about right. Had to have been hell on casters though.

Item trial was a cluster****. There were so many ranged classes by the time melee would get on top of a monster and hit someone would already get a hit in a half second before. At times mobs were fine. Other times it was difficult to get an open target.

I actually found the trivia questions to be unbalanced for the most part. Consider that some people are newer or only play one or two classes. IMO asking class-specific questions gives some an unfair advantage. I also found that there wasn't enough time to type an answer. I'm sure others had the same problem but half the time I'd type and hit enter just slightly too late. I type pretty fast so that's a bad thing. People who type slower didn't have a fighting chance.

The questions that I thought were excellent/fair are these:
Which card protects from brute monsters by 30%? orc warrior
What is the % damage taken by a ghost 2 property monster from a neutral attack? 25

Lastly, a gripe. Answering siblings to the first question didn't count. Many of us answered siblings which IS correct.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
05-22-2010 10:27 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Who the hell is Pico?
Is this some new storyline thing that was added on heRO or am I missing something o.O?

Commenting as a non ToH player today. I am a professor main typically, I only see problems finishing the first round with Strouf as a prof, and running like hell in the round against Kat probably webbing and running and spamming magic rod between steps lols. I MIGHT have problems with the 5 Owl Dukes, but it might be doable. All rounds should have been more doable by a Hi Wiz since they have amp to help with some spell casting and have decent AoE.

My LK on the other hand woulda ate today's Monster Trial's alive haha. None of those rounds would be difficult at all.

Never done item trial, can't comment on it.

You guys are terribly cruel to those who are casters still in ToH, please consider in the future caster classes also fighting in ToH, and include a few monsters that Melee may have a more difficult time in, especially in the vs 10 monsters round, this is always the hardest round for profs since they cannot abuse freecast, and can be easily swarmed even with SW on. With Hi Wiz, if they have icewall, that can help a butt ton with the thin lanes, but if you don't then you got a much harder time probably. :x

Please consider these things in the future would be my suggestion.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-22-2010 10:53 PM
proto Offline

I did ToH on my 99 LK. Monster was a breeze (even for me!). The items I had trouble with, but only because I've ToH'd three times and I'm still unsure of the whole thing =/. I missed the trivia, so can't say anything about that. The mass battle was fun, even though I errored 2 out of 3 times Icon_sad

Is this real life?
05-22-2010 11:32 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

What's a proto?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker