Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question regarding the Nameless quest
Parric Offline
One-hit wonder

Question regarding the Nameless quest

I am currently unable to finish the nameless quest, and for the life of me I can't figure out why, hopefully it's something painfully stupid that I'm just overlooking.
I went to the island, checked the dead bird, woke up on the cabin, killed the zombie after about 5 deaths.??The portal to walk outside appeared, I walked out, the guy I was in the cabin with had a chat bubble pop up, and I was killed before I finished reading it and respawned.
When I go back to the island, it's night. I've partied in the dungeon a bunch of times, but I can't get the books off the desk.??When I click on them it just tells me "There are a lot of books scattered about", or something to that extent. I've never been given the books from that spot, so I haven't sold or lost them.??Clicking on the dead king gives me something about there being a dead body here, but doesn't activate him. I've been in a couple of parties that have killed the king, haven't received the pendant.
So I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do.??Ratemyserver just tells me to walk out of the building, then go to the books.??If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

[Image: h75kq2qm.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 06:13 PM by Parric.)
05-31-2010 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: Question regarding the Nameless quest

Here is the relevant part of the script for nameless quest from eathena (ignore the line numbers and dots, my text editor adds those)

Code:
1794 nameless_n,169,254,0.?? script. #Aru_Trigger3.??-1,3,3,{
1795 .?? end;
1797 OnTouch:
1798 .?? if(aru_monas == 20) {
1799 .?? .?? hideoffnpc "Larjes#Aru3";
1800 .?? .?? mes "[" +strcharinfo(0)+ "]";
1801 .?? .?? mes "What the hell...!?";
1802 .?? .?? next;
1803 .?? .?? mes "[Larjes]";
1804 .?? .?? mes "So... This is the";
1805 .?? .?? mes "island's true nature.";
1806 .?? .?? next;
1807 .?? .?? mes "[Larjes]";
1808 .?? .?? mes "Someone like me won't";
1809 .?? .?? mes "survive long in a place";
1810 .?? .?? mes "like this. I'm going to wait";
1811 .?? .?? mes "for you in the boat. Learn";
1812 .?? .?? mes "what you need to learn, and";
1813 .?? .?? mes "then come back safe, "+strcharinfo(0)+".";
1814 .?? .?? close2;
1815 .?? .?? set aru_monas,21;
1816 .?? .?? hideonnpc "Larjes#Aru3";
1817 .?? .?? end;
1818 .?? }
1819 .?? end;
1820 }

I you don't know enough about scripting to decipher it here is what it does:
If you walk on the coordinates 169,254 on the map nameless_n it checks if you are at part 20 of the quest (internal numbering, not used in any quest guides or anything like that) and you are it triggers the dialog. After you press the close button of the dialog it sets you to part 21 of the quest (which is the part where you get the books). If you DCed before you could press the close button of the dialog that means you're still at part 20, and need to walk on those coordinates to trigger the dialog again so you can proceed.

nameless_n is the night map, so if you go to 169,254 on the night map it should trigger the dialog and allow you to proceed. I'm guessing that those are the coordinates you end up on when you exit the warp of the house. Its probably a bug in the quest, if you go to the map before you're set as being as part 21 it should warp you to inside the house, not to the night map.

Good luck.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 06:35 PM by TPC.)
05-31-2010 06:31 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

If worse comes to worse after trying what TPC has suggested you can support ticket the issue. I believe GM's can fix what step you're on or something somehow (something probably with variables) and you can go as necessary.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-31-2010 06:52 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

What TPC said is it.

You *must* contact a GM with a support ticket, point out how you died in those 3 dialogue before set aru_monas,21; kicked in for the script. Ask GM-Aki to change the variable for aru_monas from 20 to 21, and proceed as if you've done that part of the quest.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-31-2010 07:20 PM
Parric Offline
One-hit wonder

Oh great, thanks so much for the replies Icon_smile
(and I'm kind of glad it wasn't something that made me look really stupid heh)
Now to just figure out the ticketing system and I'm home free, heh

[Image: h75kq2qm.png]
05-31-2010 07:43 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

Try what I said before making a support ticket. If it works it will solve it for you much faster, and you won't have to involve the GMs.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
05-31-2010 09:06 PM