Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
some "fun" issues
Rankin Offline
Durp

some "fun" issues

i got a computer from a friend which isnt working. i thought hey i'll look at it and see whats wrong. It's a Gateway MT3422 Notebook (http://tiny.cc/yl10r) and heres the specs on it: http://cid-1f1dae37801760fc.skydrive.liv...specs.docx

Thing is what i was wondering, when i press the power button, it seems everything comes on except the screen. No light ups or nothing. It just sits there. SO i figured maybe i can just plug it into an external monitor. Didnt work, i got the no signal. Which makes me wonder, screen isnt working and i cant connect to external monitors projectors etc, could it be the video card has failed? N>ideas on whats wrong or if someone knows to tell me ><;
06-04-2010 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coffee Toffee Offline

RE: some "fun" issues

LED lights comes on? Fan? and etc? does it work?
Only the screen doesn't work right?

Neeways, check the ram, if you can try to replace to see if it is working. It would be the ram fried. Or even the video card like you mention.

another thing you can try (was reading a few things about gateway laptops) is to

1.Unplug AC and remove the battery from the notebook.
2.Drain the little power left by pressing the power button and hold it for like 10-20 sec
3.Plugged the power.
4. Plug in AC
5.press the Power button.

6. if that did not work then, repeat step 1-4.
Pressed F1, F2, F3, F4 and Enter key and then press the Power button.

good luck =s
06-04-2010 08:09 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: some "fun" issues

ok cool ill give those a try soon (please let them work i dont wanna pay to fix this junk)
06-04-2010 08:39 PM