VVS Elem/VVVS
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VVS Elem Weapons - Most Needed Poll
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

VVS Elem Weapons - Most Needed Poll

I have a pure forger and have been forging weapons. They sell out really fast so I'm taking this poll to see what's most needed. I don't forge every day and I don't forge for free (that would be stupid). Once I get a general idea of what's most needed/wanted I'll forge a bunch. Then I'll post a screenshot here of my shop location.

Aside from just general voting, please post a list of things you want/need. This doesn't mean I'm going to run around and fill a ton of requests atm. I just need the data for my next massive forging session (very soon).

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2010 09:31 PM by Antimind.)
06-08-2010 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: VVS Elem Weapons - Most Needed Poll

The ones missing the most I see a lot in shops are ele damas and lances. Nobody likes farmin dem evil horns, and nobody likes to use so much steel for dama I think.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-08-2010 09:45 PM
xKonada Offline

The most needed imo would be wind damascus. Nobody forges those nowadays or its just OP
06-08-2010 10:48 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Everybody tends to direct people towards moscovia and hill winds.??From that,??I'd tend to say fire and earth prop weapons would be nice to have. There's also lots of useful leveling/farming spots that use water pop monsters, and Wind would be needed there.

I suppose damascus would be among the more common weapons that are needed. It can be used by a lot of classes, it's got faster attack speed than a one handed sword, good attack strength and it's indestructible.

Two hand swords may be nice due to the frequency of newbies going swordies. Might as well help the 2-hand quicken knights do at least mildly respectible damage. It saddens me when I can go places on a Swordsman and do twice as much (sometimes 3 times as much) per hit as a Knight on the same type of monster.

Not sure how common combo monks are, but??Fists are the easiest thing a smith can get materials for, and is useful if you want to get /blacksmith points quickly. It's also useful for situations where you can't wait for the fists that drop from monsters that endow you when you attack to actually trigger their effects (weapon switching and endows don't mix).

??For the last bit, I'm not sure what you'd do. For the most part,??I see merchants go for the two hand axe, but??I always prefer sword maces because I can still use a shield.

Spears are sorta rare. I'd only think people going agi built on sader would really want them. Not sure about lancer knights, I'd prefer 1-hand spears, and all of the forgable 1-handers are lvl 1 weapons and pretty weak.

Swords, Not sure if anyone ever goes for flamberges, though I did have ambitions for a +10 VVS wind Flamberge. Generally, I think most would go for Tsurugi or Haedonggum (filling in all 3 of the Blacksmith swords). While these oftentimes have good attack, the draw back is they're oftentimes slower than daggers, and the damascus would outdamage them in the long run because of the speed. Don't think anyone really pays attention to the size modifiers for weapons.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 01:12 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-08-2010 11:02 PM
Gentle Whisper Offline

I also think wind weps are rare...

so please if you forge some wind dama reserve one for me pleaseLaugh

[Image: ycdm2ummjltztmt5zhjj3ebee.gif]
06-09-2010 04:45 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

It saddens me when i saw no wind damascus on ultimate's shops.

I'd had to say that damascus of all elements would sell considerably well, considering almost every class can use them and they deliver quicker hits. I'd seen this myself, ultimate's dagger shop was closed in one day or so after s/he just reopened!(WOOT!!!)

I'd like to see Elemental Tsurugi as well, i can use my Nagan for double attacks, but elements still works better IMO.

I'd never seen any VVVS weapons online yet, they'd be useful against dark or light monsters if we don't have any cursed water or holy enchant from priests. Though i'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but i'd personally get a VVVS Damascus from any forgers anyday and refine it to +10 for some serious butt slashing action.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-09-2010 07:19 AM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

Thanks for the input. My forger on officials was ranked so I'm aware of how to get rank quickly. I hate making a ton of fists to do that. Kinda stupid since they're a bit slower to sell...lol Last lot I made was in fact damas, axes, and a few two-handed swords (mostly fire and earth but a few wind). Is there any demand at all for water weaps here or should I just reserve those for people like BEGGING to have them made? I'll def go for some VVVS Damas. I have a rogue myself and wouldn't mind having one. Note that I do intend to rank my forger. It may not happen as soon as I would like due to the fact that I'd rather fill damas/axe/sword demand than make a bunch of crap just to rank.

BTW I have no problem farming evil horns myself as I main a WS Icon_wink

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
06-10-2010 09:12 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Well, ice for Thors Volcano, fire for Moscovia and Undead, earth for Hill Wind and some other annoying strong wind monsters, wind for Byalan and Ice Cave.

I really think Wind will sell well since MVP has been added to Byalan and Byalan is still a good place to level.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-10-2010 11:17 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Melee-ing in thors is pretty much suicide though.?? SUppose there might be some crazy person somewhere willing to try magma dungeon. It's doable, but it's pretty challenging there.

Most usually leave thors to magic and ranged people.They might get someone to go out and mob salamanders and kasa and guards, but my bet is he's not trying to do damage while he's running for his life.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2010 11:36 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-10-2010 11:34 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Well, i think you forgot that this is MMO, i'm sure players can melee anywhere as long as a good party is provided.

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-11-2010 12:53 AM