Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cloth/Hair Dyes
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

Cloth/Hair Dyes

First of all, I'm sorry if it has been suggested before, it doesn't look like something new but I couldn't find any similar topic after searching.

I'd like to suggest the 263 hair dyes and 553 cloth dyes which are represented in RateMyServer.Net's Char Simulator (http://ro-character-simulator.ratemyserver.net/), that are included in some popularly used GRF packs.

After playing in a few other private servers, one of the things that I missed the most in this one was the variety of character dyes, this server currently has much less options and I couldn't even find colors I like more than the default ones. I've seen more people having trouble finding a good color for their characters, so I believe this would benefit a big part of the population. Also, I'm sure some palettes look good on certain classes, but the same palette may also look awful on another class, which happens for a lot of the current ones.

I tried to think of pros and cons to that suggestion, if there's something I missed feel free to say that.

Pros:
- More people would be satisfied with their character looks.
- Possibility to build the character's looks in RateMyServer.Net's Char Simulator before using it.
- More characters with unique looks.

Cons:
- Affecting the organization of the special cloth colors, obtained through quests.
(There are many options to keep those quests still available with the same or different colors, if that's desired.)
- No colors for the special hairstyles.
(I believe the current colors can still be kept.)
- "Mustache" sprite bug with some hair colors.
(I've seen that fixed in another server.)
- Difficulty in implementation.
(I don't know how hard it is, but that would just affect the time it would take to get implemented.)

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
06-17-2010 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Cloth/Hair Dyes

I've seen those packs before, we have some of the Amber palette from that pack, handpicked. I will most likely eventually add more, but not all. As for haircolor 263 colors x 140+ hairstyles is a LOT of files and it's heavy, again I'd rather handpick what we add. Thanks for the suggestions however.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-19-2010 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply