Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mini-guide to VVVS weapons
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Mini-guide to VVVS weapons

As several questions appeared about ranked, unranked, several VS mods etc I have decided to put here a short guide I once made for Moonlight guild.

VS mods have more uses; this one is obviously geared towards VVVS weapons. Feel free to add any information you want in the comments.

---

Small guide to VVVS weapons

1. What is a VVVS (or 3VS) weapon:

VVVS, or Very Very Very strong is a special mod:

VS = +5 guaranteed damage, even if you miss, unmodifed by anything
VVS = +10 guaranteed damage
VVVS = +40 guaranteed damage

Now, add a ranker to the equation:

VS = +15 guaranteed damage, even if you miss, unmodifed by anything
VVS = +20 guaranteed damage
VVVS = +50 guaranteed damage

2. Who should have a VVVS weapon:

Simply put, everyone who is reliant not on skills but on auto-attack should consider arming themselves with at least +5 VVVS weapon.

- The higher your atspd, the more important a VVVS is for you.
- The higher your STR, the less important a VVVS is for you.
- The higher your DEX, the less important a VVVS is for you.

3. How to use a VVVS

Consider the screenshots below, please:
[Image: screenheroserver403.jpg]

[Image: screenheroserver1294.jpg]

[Image: screenheroserver1533.jpg]

All those screenshots above show monsters which have insane flee. Notice that T-chan deals always 50 damage to an enemy, even if she couldn't have technically hit it. Why is this important?

A) On first screenshot T-chan is the main damage dealer. I aspersio'ed her, and she was able to kill that Retribution, even if we were very underequipped at that time (no Bathory armour, no Valkyrie shield, just a set of +5 elemental damasci) and to combat GC we had to use both Kyrie10 and assume I will be able to fire a heal in an appropriate moment. So yes, no Holy Lights (except of one) because we had to be extremely careful.

B) On the second screenshot T-chan is the secondary damage dealer. I am killing Eremes using Holy Lights, but to prevent him from aggroing me T-chan is attacking him. In this case pure damage is not that important; what is important is the fact Eremes will never change the target. If T-chan used a different weapon, we wouldn't be able to defeat him like that (Close Confine would work, but if, say, Egnigem spawns behind me, she moves and takes Egnigem on herself and in case of CC we are both quite screwed ;-) )

C)The same case as screenshot B. I am killing with healbombing, T is holding. Only monster differs.

3. A bit of simple maths

Now, another approach. Consider having a stalker with 90 AGI, 40 DEX and 10 STR (hypothetical). Arm this character with +10mes[3] with 3*santa poring cards. Send this stalker to fight a Bloody Murderer (and do NOT give the stalker sword mastery 10):

Hit Ratio 88.2%
Minimum Damage 1
Average Damage 65
Maximum Damage 131
Damage Per Second 182
Average Battle Duration 151.68s

Now, arm the same stalker with a +5 VVVS ranker's damascus

Hit Ratio 88.2%
Minimum Damage 51
Average Damage 51
Maximum Damage 51
Damage Per Second 154.63
Average Battle Duration 178.28s

Of course, nobody sane would have designed such a stalker, and no sane auto-attack stalker would fight a murderer without aspersio - +5 VVVS damascus is clearly inferior in case of endows, obviously.

This time, let's focus on Retribution and more possible scenario. 99 AGI, 60 DEX, 60 STR, bless+agi. +10 anti-angel mes versus +5 VVVS damascus:

+10 anti-angel mes:

Hit Ratio 22.05%
Minimum Damage 220
Average Damage 272
Maximum Damage 324
Damage Per Second 234.34
Average Battle Duration 199.29s

+5 ranker's VVVS damascus:

Hit Ratio 22.05%
Minimum Damage 145
Average Damage 164
Maximum Damage 162
Damage Per Second 207.34
Average Battle Duration 225.07s

In both cases The Ultimate Mes is a better weapon, but not that better. Besides, a cost of a +10 triple anti-angel mes would be a bit higher than that of a VVVS damascus. Yet again, no job bonuses were introduced, real hit might have been higher which would make VVVS weaker etc.

4. In other words, what to use it against?

A VVVS is the best general purpose auto-attack weapon you can find. In case we do not have a directed weapon and an elemental damascus is impossible to be used (venatus before we got a triple formless mes +7, for example) or if we fight against a very high def enemy or one which has a very high flee, VVVS is the weapon of choice. This is also our best weapon against the undead with aspersio at the moment.

If T-chan did not have Sword Mastery 10, VVVS damascus +8 might have been superior to a directed +7 mes in case of a higher def enemies. Do not treat this weapon as a 'final do-it-all' though, as in RO you will never find such a weapon. This weapon is able to counter many shortcomings of an auto-attack character and is useful against ghosts, 89/999 def characters, impossible to hit enemies and this weapon allows you to be a holder even if you technically cannot hit your enemy, without getting 99 dex on a dagger stalker ;-)

5. Accessibility of a VVVS weapon

Cheaper in forging, but you will rarely find one at a player-run shop. There is not much demand, simple. The VVVS damascus is the first thing ever we try to get when we enter the new server, but you can always find a nice forger who will do it for you, though usually they control check 'you are sure you wanted a VVVS weapon?'.

6. VVVS on lower levels

VVVS main gauche, just like that. Imagine having a character which puts all stat points into AGI to increase atspd and as a result is able to kill metalings fast, even if usually the char would be unable to even hit them. Double bonus if the char is a thief with high flee and double attack ;-). This works the best on servers which do not have a level cap-per-monster, but there are always many metalings and you don't really need to worry ^^ (my way of tanking 12/1 first job players before I go to anubis with them).

7. Short summary
- VVVS is a very useful weapon
- If you want a VVVS, you need ranker's VVVS
- Use a VVVS if you have auto-attack. Skills do not gain more than 50 damage from this

- If you fight a neutral high def OR high flee enemies, check if VVVS is not better for you
- If you lack a Sword Mastery, VVVS might be the best weapon for you
- If you lack a directed weapon on an enemy you do not have endow against, VVVS might be better than anything else

- VVVS is in general weaker than a directed weapon, but is much cheaper and you might consider getting one before you build your directed weapons collection

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
06-18-2010 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gentle Whisper Offline

RE: Mini-guide to VVVS weapons

wwwowww very nice guideKissy2

[Image: ycdm2ummjltztmt5zhjj3ebee.gif]
06-18-2010 05:44 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Now, i really understand.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-18-2010 06:21 AM
AmyScarlet Offline
Hair Problem Alert

cool it's T-Chan :D whoah i though bs ranking just increases success rate in forging

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"avoid the strong, prey on the weak"
-rogue's guild motto
Annoying Orange's #1 fan
IGN
Split Ends : rogue 81/50
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro : sage 90/50
Arme Scarlet : knight 88/50
Amy Scarlet : 75/??
Jastine : novice 13/10

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
[Image: s46env4j.png]