Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June 2010 ToH appreciation poll
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Please take note you can check multiple choices in the poll*

I would like details on your ToH appreciation in order to set-up next ones.

Monsters were
10 Erend
7 Hobremlin
5 Ragged Zombie
3 Ice Titan
1 Seyren

Items were (with 30 minutes to collect)
50 Cold Breath
50 Red Cape
50 Coin of Gold
10 Smelly Cheese
6 Fancy Robe

Questions were
From which card a player can recieve +10% exp from dragons? explosion / explosion card
What is the % of upgrading a weapon lvl 3 from +6 to +7? 50 / 50%
Who is standing outside right in front of Rachel Temple entrace? nemma / priestess nemma
Which custom headgear gives a 2% exp bonus from non-bosses? hero cake hat / drops cake hat
Which % is dealed from a Ghost Weapon to a Shadow 4 monster? 0 / 0%

ToH global length : 4h05

ToH Light participants : 42
ToH Dark participants : 41

Please take note you can check multiple choices in the poll*

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
06-19-2010 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Very nice ToH. Last monster in monster trial could have been a bit easier, and the first 4 a bit harder, but other than that no complaint.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
06-19-2010 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user
kuyariel Offline

This was my first ToH, so I really don't have anything to compare this to. I did, however, enjoy myself. I will make sure to attend the next one and hopefully score more than 70.
06-19-2010 04:53 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Monster too easy as usually. Stop using your lhz3 boss pattern. Stop reusing monsters imo (Ice Titan). I understand that it is hard to NOT reuse monsters but yeah, make your mind up.
Stop trying to kill mages in ToH. Waves 1 and 2 were like impossible, 3 was at least hard.

Item was fine for LK, WS and sniper - like just hard enough. Could actually have been a bit harder imo. For any class except these (namely trans mage classes) way too hard (so not only talking about nontrans classes, yes).

Trivia .. Iunno. What I really appreciate is the lack of bonus questions. The questions seemed quite easy, but few people got them I guess.

Mass Battle .. well too many DCs as usually. Fix pls.

All in all, did a better job than last times but still far away from really good.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
06-19-2010 05:13 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE:??June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Zaratus Wrote:Item was fine for LK, WS and sniper - like just hard enough. Could actually have been a bit harder imo. For any class except these (namely trans mage classes) way too hard (so not only talking about nontrans classes, yes).

I'm not using one of those classes, and it wasn't too hard. I just barely got 50 points with less than 20 seconds to go, so just about right I think.

Quote:Mass Battle .. well too many DCs as usually. Fix pls.

I used to error during mass battle (and during woe), but not since I re-installed ro using ragray instead of hero full installer. So that might be the solution.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
06-19-2010 05:17 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

Wink RE: June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

This was my first ToH and though i ranked really bad (33) i think it was quite balanced since i am a 94 nontrans with mediocre gear (its probably a bit easy for high level trans).
Though i am a hunter myself i liked how their advantage at monster trial got balanced with pneuma/ranged and highdef mobs.
What i really didnt liked was the item hunt trial because its way too crowded(dont know if a few seperate instances are possible),
which encouraged Killstealing. (not only accidental ones)
It seemed to me that you are pretty much screwed if you pay much too much attenton not to killsteal.
And in additon i think the item maker costs and positions should be either randomised or made public because thats a huge disadvantage for unexperienced players.Trivia seems really well balanced.
About the mass battle,it was really fun,though i think 10 extra points may be too overencouraging for new players to join the dominating allegiance.
I think a score independant price would be better.
Well,just the 2 cents of a newcomer, in the end im just really happy that the HeRO team works so hard to give us all such a great time

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
06-19-2010 05:28 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I think that Ice Titan was fine because it was already half a year ago that it was last used, although it seems really recent cause half a year only means ~6 ToHs. It's reasonable to use them again by this time. Few monsters frequently repeat within their half year cycle, such as Maya Purple, Necromancer, Errend (actually Errend repeated more often than Ice Titan, since it got used in 2010 once before and Ice Titan was used in 2009.)

Still a bit of a tilt to the high ant-mage elemental problem. I recommend that if you want to use high level holy/shadow/wind (provided that they are not boss mode), save them for round 4/5. That way there's only 3 of them, so it gives the mages a reasonable time to try to freeze/stone curse them 1 by 1 to change their element so they become manageable again. However if you use holy/dark/high wind on lower rounds, then it takes too long to FD/SC 1 by 1 for 10 or 7 monsters. Time-wise, status-ing 17 monsters is asking for a lot.

In general, try to have only 1 round of high wind/holy/dark in the entire trial. Mages can't change their element on whim, so these 3 elements ought to be kept to a minimum because these 3 elements are anti-mage by default (This is of course, assuming that we only use pre-made monsters. There's lots of things you can do for custom monsters so that they are highly vulnerable to spells regardless of element.)

Another way to "balance" snipers out in trial is to make Sniper loses their usual elemental advantage (compare to most of the classes, Sniper has a variety of elements at easy accessibility.) Poison and neutral are mage-friendly elements. Typically, neutral/low-poison monsters got near equal defense in both spectrum as well, making them quite ideal for ToH. Neutral/poison monsters are a decent "soft counter" to Sniper.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2010 05:48 PM by Namine.)
06-19-2010 05:46 PM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

From a 95 LK's point of view...I'll be brief.

Monster: 1-4 easier than last time, 5 near impossible. Kinda opposite of what I'd change from the last time.
Element-wise, mages must have cursed Azote for holy and dark mobs..

Item: Just as usual, laggy, crowdy, and goddamn ranged classes. A big mess in general.

Trivia: Scored 0, but liked it nevertheless. There shouldn't be any "free points" questions and there really were none this time.
well maybe one..

Mass PvP - yeah, same impression as last time. If I say item hunt is a bug mess, then mass PvP is a huge ass mess, effect-, lag- and error-wise.
Not really a "who's better" battle, but "who errors out less" battle.
To quote one of the dark heroes after the battle, "Gravity Error - Light's secret weapon."

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
06-19-2010 06:06 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Monster 1-4 were easy. 5 got spiral pierced on sight.

Pvp is pvp, not much else you can say.

Got 5 points in trivia. Good questions though.

Mass Battles I errored twice. So don't say it was our weapon. We had the same crap as well.
06-19-2010 06:35 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

When does Mass Battle NOT crash people? Thinking

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker