Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the Next hat?
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: What is the Next hat?

Keeps the insults out of it, everyone.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. We're not telling in advance.

As for your importance, I addressed it.
Quote:It's Hat of the Month, not "Hat obtainable this month, but you knew about it for months before hand."
Which is close as it'll probably get. I could go into how knowing in advance would cause people to stock up on one, or save all points for another, thereby skewing the whole idea or the economy for each item, and even perhaps flooding of some items, but I won't for now.

The bottom line is we won't be telling in advance, and this has been confirmed by Pandora herself.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-20-2010 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Ange...just ROFL seriously.
Om nom, don't be childish btw Treveyyyyyyyyyyyy.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-20-2010 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:??What is the Next hat?

Aaronock Wrote:Ange...just ROFL seriously.
Om nom, don't be childish btw Treveyyyyyyyyyyyy.

-.-

hush dan dan
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2010 10:10 PM by Rankin.)
06-20-2010 10:09 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@Krim:
imho the only logical explanation for me would be the "ever-elusive carrot trick" so that people would still be voting for the next month each month... and even when a year has passed, if they maintain the shroud of information, they could better plan out voting distributions to average the months out and perhaps revisit the distribution of headgears...

personally i haven't voted on principal because i still feel i haven't gotten a solid response on the end goal of these recruitment strategies. Although votes on topsites do seem to get more ppl in, i feel that somewhat more serious/decent RO players would check out as much info they can get on a server before trying it out which means they will at least check out our RMS listing before joining it which means my review - which i should update soon - matters more than my votes for topsites...

and it's not like i can't use a GM service or all the stuff it has to offer, but before i can accrue those points i want to know that what i'm doing is indeed for the long run good of the server. There are costs and benefits that i need to weigh in, and short of a clear end-goal for server pop and management strategy i fear the people topsites draw in would only do more harm than good for this server i dearly love...

-w-
06-20-2010 11:49 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

It's Hat of the Month.
The hat is announced, made available, then obtainable all in a month.
Not the hat is announced a few weeks in advanced, then made available, then obtainable in, totally to more than a month.
That is why.

It's like going to a store. They don't tell you that a product will be on sale/special next month.
Sure, game stores have release dates for games. So do we. It's the start of the month. Icon_razz

As I've said before, it has been confirmed by Pandora that hats will most certainly not be announced in advance.

Edit: It seems the post I was responding to was removed. o.o

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-21-2010 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

@rankin: krim just likes to argue and "prove" people wrong. whether he actually thinks he does or not is another matter, but yea no insult slinging, it only makes you look worse than him Icon_wink

also, my posts were not entirely irrelevant as gm-circe essentially addressed what i was stating, though actually conveying the message better than i did. though it isn't difficult to get 50 vote points in a month or even enough to get multiple hats in a month, so why should it matter what hat comes next when it's not too difficult to accrue points to invest in it. essentially what i'm saying is that it's a gamble you take, either stock up on hats this month and possibly miss out on stocking up on next month's hat that might be better suited to your needs/wants or just wait and see and decide then whether to invest in the next hat or not.

is the answer i gave a direct response to the question you asked? no it is not.

it does however address other underlying issues like being able to stock up on them and then sell them on the market later, etc like gm-circe said. and since you took it upon yourself to speak on other people's behalf, i am addressing the unspoken questions that they may have, whether you have those same questions or not.

also, when you do read this krim, please don't give the crap answer you gave to rankin's post about not understanding what he was meaning. i have made myself clear enough for most anyone to understand, even you as i've had much deeper arguments with you before.

also, no cake for you! =P
06-21-2010 04:43 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

i like surprises, if i get the hat of the month and next month there is a better/cooler/funner hat i'd say just more reasons to vote more \o/

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
06-21-2010 05:40 AM