Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: ??found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

GM-Circe Wrote:If you're in a party, autofollowing, AFK, while the party is killing things/leveling, then potentially, yes, as the very definition of AFK leveling is leveling while AFK.

If you're running around/moving and not responding to a GM, then you look exactly like a bot does.

First, is AFK leveling against the rules? is there a rule that says you cannot level while being AFK or leeching is against the rules?

And on the second one bots cast skills and kill things usually hunting things of value or are leveling. GMs should rather, take into consideration that they might be autofollowing because the other members of the party want to help this person level and would vouch for them in saying that they are not botting but they are infact autofollowing them. There is a difference between autofollowing and botting since the autofollower would not be doing any direct damage to monsters or anything but it is simply following a player. Now if the player that is being autofollowed is a botter i can see both players being accountable however if it is not i dont see how that is fair. If it is against the rules can you show me where?

Edit: No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

This is the closest thing i found however it doesnt say you cannot autofollow a player thats bringing in the experiance for both players *shrug*.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:04 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

Server Rules Wrote:No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

In *any*way or form.
I am disappointed, that as a player from atleast 2007, you are not aware of the rules.

Quote:There is a difference between autofollowing and botting since the autofollower would not be doing any direct damage to monsters or anything but it is simply following a player.

I never said you cannot autofollow. I said you must be able to pass a botcheck while autofollowing.

The other day I banned 5 bots. All autofollowing each other. One was killing, one was buffing. The other 3 were just there for the exp/increased weight through itemshare.

GM-Mass pretty much proves that having friends/people to potentially vouch for you does not make you innocent, or exempt. I'm sure a lot of people at the time, including some of his friends did not think he was capable of such things.

I'll leave you with this.
Server Rules Wrote:Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-27-2010 03:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

GM-Circe Wrote:
Server Rules Wrote:No AFK Leveling/hunting

In *any*way or form.
I am disappointed, that as a player from atleast 2007, you are not aware of the rules.

/swt honestly havnt skimmed over the rules in ages, however the issue i have is the rule is misleading since it says "with the means of etc etc etc" AFTER "no one is allowed in anyway or form". This gives the rule the notion that these are ALL the ways you can be banned while afk leveling as it gives a list. The rule should either be shortened to "No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK" or the list should be expanded.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:13 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 03:12 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

They were examples provided to give players an idea. Shall I add "etc" onto the end to clear it up? Icon_razz

<333

06-27-2010 03:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

GM-Circe Wrote:They were examples provided to give players an idea. Shall I add "etc" onto the end to clear it up? Icon_razz

If you want to! I just started out asking if i could get banned for it since the rule didnt state specifically...I'm just asking questions here, though the rule should really state all the forms that you can be banned upon that or simply say no matter what if your afk and your leveling/hunting you can be banned, no list unless your going to cover everything that you can be banned for.

Just my opinion anyways...sorry i have a bad habit of knitpicking at rules i just finished my law course okay!! Laugh

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:22 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 03:18 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

If you want to knitpick that much, now you'd be clearly and undoubtably aware of breaking 2 rules, instead of 1.

The other being a failure to respond to a botcheck, which you can't if AFK. If you're moving in a field/dungeon, you will be checked.

<333

06-27-2010 03:20 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

The botting rule should then atleast state that you can be botchecked at any time just to cover up any loopholes in the rules, or not loopholes but rather just making sure theyre more specific so people have no reason to whine and be like "Why would a GM botcheck an obviously AFK player when there is an autofollow function that they are aware of in existance". And that you dont have to be doing anything relevant to the game to be checked such as killing monsters or casting skills but must be on a monster map.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:28 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 03:24 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Let's never forget the infamous bot in Payon town a year ago, that guy was stupid in an awesomely illegal and dumb manner~

thecursed Wrote:The botting rule should then atleast state that you can botchecked at any time and that you dont have to be doing anything relevant to the game to be checked such as killing monsters or casting skills.

Circe can I just activate the final rule now? Trowa's damaging my playing experience cause he's killing my brain cells.

Should we have a hourly schedule and 15 min warning before every bot check then to make sure that your rights to play in heRO without interruption is not violated for the sake of petty matters such as a bot check?

As long as you are playing, you are under possibility of a bot check. If ex-GMs are enough to do bot check on random nobody moving back and forth between kafras, hey guess what? Bans like that took place already! Was he getting potential exp and item? No unless he runs into the wild rose. Was he botting? Yes. Would we have caught him if we didn't bot check him even though he got no chance to get item/exp? No.

Once again: heRO always judged by what GMs see on their side of the screen. Who cares what's really happening on the other side of the screen? It's the side that the server will record its activities and log it all that counts.

(Disclaimer: at least that's how things are by Jan, but as Circe said since rulings didn't change since then, I can really say it's still the same today)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:34 AM by Namine.)
06-27-2010 03:25 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

thecursed Wrote:The botting rule should then atleast state that you can be botchecked at any time just to cover up any loopholes in the rules, or not loopholes but rather just making theyre more specific so people have no reason to whine and be like "Why would a GM botcheck an obviously AFK player when there is an autofollow function that they are aware of in existance". And that you dont have to be doing anything relevant to the game to be checked such as killing monsters or casting skills.

We expect people to read the rules, Trowa.
This includes the no AFK leveling one.

If they decide to ignore/forget them, that is not our problem.

Relevent = getting items or exp, as well as killing or buffing. Both of which you are doing while autofollowing someone else in your party.
Relevent = playing the game. (Sitting and not moving is not playing in this sense. This means using game functions. Moving. Killing. Skills. Buffing, etc. Things that are means to an end.
Bots over 90% are technically not killing things or using skills, either.

And as Namine mentioned, we've caught bots while not even in a field.
Basically, if you are moving, using skills, have a homun or the such, expect a botcheck.
I.E. If your char is playing the game. :/

<333

06-27-2010 03:37 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Namine Wrote:Circe can I just activate the final rule now? Trowa's damaging my playing experience cause he's killing my brain cells.

Should we have a hourly schedule and 15 min warning before every bot check then to make sure that your rights to play in heRO without interruption is not violated for the sake of petty matters such as a bot check?

First of all, Ouch. That was mean Namnam Icon_suprised
And i never said anything ridiculous like that, though im curious about this bot found in Payon now, i never heard this story before.

All in all though i guess it just bothers me how easily you can be permanently banned on this server, as long as ive been playing it the rules and the systems still bother me a little. As well as in the past theres been a lot of people who shark around in the rules and their sometimes vague words. I'm just going to shut up now though before Namnam takes another jab at me </3

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 03:42 AM by thecursed.)
06-27-2010 03:38 AM