Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

It's always been quite clearly started in the rules, Psithief~

Server Rules Wrote:Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

If you're out and active, and you fail a botcheck... you fail a botcheck.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-27-2010 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Obviously someone that doesn't answer in a party of 4~5+ people that's auto-following in a high end dungeon is botting.

I know I love to bot in thor 3, anyone else?

I guess common sense isn't for everyone.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 07:25 AM by Sakurato.)
06-27-2010 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Again to prevent the auto follow feature from being a future "I was not botting excuse" turn it off from our server.

But I gotta admit, I love how you guys managed to draw such a simple topic out to 5 pages long.??

Everyone is over complicating this situation. Whistle

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-27-2010 07:45 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??found a bypass to AFK LEECH limit

Psithief Wrote:Right, so the lesson we've learnt through all of this?

heRO's forums cause brain damage.

Seriously, you people are being RIDICULOUS.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 09:00 AM by Fruityla.)
06-27-2010 08:58 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

Aaronock Wrote:Again to prevent the auto follow feature from being a future "I was not botting excuse" turn it off from our server. But I gotta admit, I love how you guys managed to draw such a simple topic out to 5 pages long.?? Everyone is over complicating this situation. Whistle
+1
06-27-2010 09:05 AM
Psithief Offline

Oh no, I'm drawing ire from just trying to summarise the situation for people. Grow up.

Edit: I suppose I'm annoyed because Circe refuses to write (or doesn't know how to write) what the people in this thread need to read. Motive doesn't matter, because this is a private server. There are no courts, no judges and no juries. The GMs do what they have to in order to keep the place running, they're not capable of dispensing perfect justice.

So edge-cases be damned, they do what they have to do. You people need to think about the practicality of the situation. It really isn't practical for them to care about your motives! Just be extra careful so you can continue to enjoy the service they provide for free.

I used to play here a long time ago.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 10:48 AM by Psithief.)
06-27-2010 10:37 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

If that was directed at me at all, I was just quoting you 'cause it made for a good lead-in. I have no problems with you or what you said, really.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
06-27-2010 11:11 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Oh, people have been told that many times in the past.
In fact, most people posting in this thread have been in every single one of these type of past threads.

If we haven't beaten it into them by now, not much chance of it happening this time.
Or, they like arguing. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-27-2010 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
austenn Offline

GM-Aki Wrote:Please do send in a support ticket for things like this.

Ok duly noted, Sorry about that

the One was made in Two,
one of the two saw it was different from the other,
the other of the two also saw this to be true,
together they tried to be the One but could not,
each did not realise that it was still One all along...
merely the outer form had been recast................

-IGN-
yuusha
06-27-2010 02:17 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Psithief Wrote:Apparently GMs don't look for motive

Reason for this is mostly because of how much crap we got in for "defining malicious motive" in the past 5 years. It's a good thing by the 4th year, heRO changed from "rule by motive/feelings" to "rule by logs."

The moment you involve motives, then 100% of GMs' actions will be accused of favoritism (even more than they are now, if any of such accusations exist which probably does.)

Banned someone? Reasoning is evil intention. So why didn't someone else get banned for doing the same thing? "Oh, s/he didn't intend to." I believe in the world of e-drama, that's called biased judging and favoritism. Much, though not all, rules are converted throughout the years to involve less and less on subjective judging and "motive definining" for that reason. There's still some gray ones left such as the naming rule, but overall rules headed in this direction.

@Saku:
Why are we still going on and on about "autofollow = botting"? You can always autofollow AND respond when asked. Go ahead and autofollow, just be on standby to reply. It's just like "not solely playing heRO when fishing = botting" thread all over again. As long as you can reply and pass a bot test, then you are OK to do whatever you are doing.

Autofollow on your gypsy, play heRO in window, start some downloads, watch a movie, put on some make up, yell at Aya for being Aya on MSN all at the same time, and you aren't botting as long as you can hop back to reply/do whatever the bot test needs you to do.

@Aaron:
I don't think autofollow sets up any "trap" for players to violate the AFK training rule. Really if we are getting rid of anything that "may tempt players to violate rules" then let's just kill off PVM altogether because the entire aspect of PVM promotes botting! \o/

Oh wait, PVP got buff-bots too. Let's kill that too.

Whistle

<><><>

As Psitheif said in a later post, this is a highly practical approach. It may be unfortunate that rules follow "one size fit all" and doesn't consider the specialized needs/reasoning for each player, but relatively this is fitting for the vast majority of the players. You can never win everyone over.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-27-2010 04:09 PM