Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE: Ryx's Studio

Manifus Wrote:
Ryxingeir Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:Wow, really awesome ryx.
<3 it ^_^
<3

If we ever get the D&D thing with Avo going, i can draw your character too Neo n_n

Edit Re-Post!: (my mind has officially been declared a disaster area)??Ahem *coughs* i've been thinking a lot about my past, so i just thought i'd post this screen shot - whoever tells me where this was taken (with proper spelling, natch), and says where the giant invisible spider is hiding, waiting to ambush me, gets the next obb i come across:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5688/0010110bg.png

<3

lol, silly, either the spider already got you, its behind the C4, or it already got you by the C4....like in Payon dungeon :D Let it burn /gg
nyaa - spider is right here: http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3088/0010138rm.png

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
12-06-2005 02:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Ryxingeir Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:
Ryxingeir Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:Wow, really awesome ryx.
<3 it ^_^
<3

If we ever get the D&D thing with Avo going, i can draw your character too Neo n_n

Edit Re-Post!: (my mind has officially been declared a disaster area)??Ahem *coughs* i've been thinking a lot about my past, so i just thought i'd post this screen shot - whoever tells me where this was taken (with proper spelling, natch), and says where the giant invisible spider is hiding, waiting to ambush me, gets the next obb i come across:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5688/0010110bg.png

<3

lol, silly, either the spider already got you, its behind the C4, or it already got you by the C4....like in Payon dungeon :D Let it burn /gg
nyaa - spider is right here: http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3088/0010138rm.png

See see, like I said, by the C4 :D

12-06-2005 02:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Nyaa, i never had c4, only c3, and c2 in that picture ;3

Re-Post Edit!: Finished coloring on Nari - in case that D&D thing ever gets going, or at least it'd make a semi-interesting story, if i ever get to be a good enough writer ;3

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8414/...0028sj.png

12-11-2005 05:55 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Ryxingeir Wrote:Nyaa, i never had c4, only c3, and c2 in that picture ;3

Re-Post Edit!: Finished coloring on Nari - in case that D&D thing ever gets going, or at least it'd make a semi-interesting story, if i ever get to be a good enough writer ;3

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8414/...0028sj.png
Wow Ryx, you always impress me /no1

nice job

12-11-2005 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Well, i just felt like drawing today, and i haven't done a picture of Yuri yet, so here she is with her poison spore, Agent Smith (who may not bear any resemblence to an actual poison spore XD )

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7007/yuri0016sf.png

If you're still interested Feith, i'll try to ink this one in the next few days, and repost it so you can give it a shot at coloring

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2005 03:12 AM by Ryxingeir.)
12-18-2005 03:12 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Ryxingeir Wrote:Well, i just felt like drawing today, and i haven't done a picture of Yuri yet, so here she is with her poison spore, Agent Smith (who may not bear any resemblence to an actual poison spore XD )

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7007/yuri0016sf.png

If you're still interested Feith, i'll try to ink this one in the next few days, and repost it so you can give it a shot at coloring

OMFG Ryx, thats sooooooooooo awesome :D

hehe, look at the pretty pictures ;3

12-18-2005 03:24 AM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

"Nari rough sketches for story art - Drainage City Region and Yorkland Region" /g/

12-18-2005 11:27 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

zomg....

XD drunken Nari <3
Armless Nari so sad yet so adorable :3

12-18-2005 11:33 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Alright, i'm not the best writer - but here's my attempt at a history for Nari *bows*

Nari's Story:
Throwing down three silver to the barkeep for her usual drink, Narifuri stared into the depths of the dull greenish tea.?? She downed a sip of the cool drink as she had every night since she had arrived in the city ? what seemed like ages ago.?? Studying the chips out of the edge of the small cup, she tried to remember how long she had been here.
Seeing the familiar question in her eyes, the barkeep grumbled, ?Five years.??It?s been five years I?ve kept this tea in stock for you.??In this whole time no one else has wanted any of that swill.???Glowering at the half-filled bottle, the man replaced it to its spot on the shelf, and moved on to serve his other patrons.
Downing the rest of the glass, Nari headed out of the establishment and into the night.??Sliding into the side alley, Nari bounced up the pile of rubble there (which no one seemed to care to remove) and made her way to her resting spot on the neighboring building?s roof, right up next to the chimney.??Staring up at the night sky, she wondered if it had been as beautiful where she had come from; this time, the memory eluded her.
Pulling her travel cloak tighter against herself, Nari?s thoughts once again returned to her past.??She didn?t remember anything of her parents; they had unceremoniously dumped her off at a wizard academy before she had been even half a year into the world.??The Masters there had taken care of her until she was old enough to begin formal training in the magical arts.??He parents, they informed her, had been among the most influential merchants in the region ? the ?curse of magic? in their heritage would have been a huge stain on their establishment, so they had quietly tucked her into an obscure corner of the world, behind the locked doors of the academy.
Knowing that one day she would graduate, her parents had also arranged with the Masters to send her away on a journey at the culmination of her training.??Pulling the inter-region pass from its concealed pocket, she spun it slowly in her fingers.??Nari laughed silently to herself, her parents had only really provided for her in trying to get her as far away as possible.??With the pass she could travel to any region other than that with the academy and her parents ? though even in that it wasn?t a user-friendly device.??The magic of the pass takes two days to initiate before she arrives on the new region the third day ? and with the size of the pass, nearly the same as a dagger hilt, it was easy enough to lose, which had necessitated the pocket several regions ago.
Besides the pass, upon her leaving the Masters had also graced her with her travel cloak, enabling her to survive even in regions where it took her several days to reach civilization ? aside from that, all she had when she started out were her training robes and the staff she?d had since her beginning at the academy.??The Masters were never quite sure how she acquired the small piece of metal which eventually evolved into her staff, Geomancer; they only knew she had never parted with it throughout her training.
Nari laughed quietly to herself as she realized that day, of leaving the academy, had been nearly twenty years ago, and she had spent 17 years training prior to that ? she had always wondered if it was part of this ?curse of magic? that she still looked barely over a decade old, though it was only a problem when people didn?t want to take her seriously because of her looks.

Watching a moving hole in the night, where some flying creature was blocking stars out as it flew along, Nari thought about all the various regions she had traveled to already ? some she could hardly remember their names, if they had any, others more used to inter-region travel had ready titles (and generally much nicer accommodations).??Her first stop had been in the Devin region, where she had begun the process of continuing to refine her gift, and had learned a little of the use of arcane tarot and runes in the casting of ancient spells.??Nari shook her head remembering Yorkland, a place where she learned a bit of enchantment and illusion, but really spent the greater part of her time there partying and intoxicated ? she wondered how magic could even develop in such circumstances and be coherent, and how exactly she had managed to learn anything.??One region, Tenrei, had been quite a challenge.??Navigating the hot springs of the region, and eventually finding the wizards there was one thing ? unfortunately when Nari did find the wizards, they had turned out to be huge perverts and despite her best efforts, proved to be entirely futile.??It had been pure luck she had overhead two tourists talking about another wizard on a different mountain ? and after the long trek there, she was eventually able to meet with the wizard, from whom she learned about the flow of mana and energy forms, and most importantly learned a technique for placing spells into cartridges.??Though a very useful idea, it had been the longest time since she had seen an artifact the wizard had referred to as a ?gun? with which the cartridges were launched.??In other regions, Norrath among those without names, she had learned to kill ? as forced a lesson as it was, she was a quick study.??In the Hanshin Republic, there were creatures of magic which were bonded to every living person; called a ?kudan?.??It was just the very night after she arrived that one came to her in a dream, an embodiment of her magic and her repressed mischievous side ? Nari?s kudan, Random, is a living prestidigitation spell, and most often takes the form of a miniature person in a traditional style kimono, but ghostly-translucent and monotone brown.
Reaching out to the stars with her prosthetic arm, Nari thought about the horrible place called Drainage City.??Some of the things she had seen there still woke her in the middle of the night from her own sobbing ? still though, while there she had learned a great deal about transmutation and medical practices, and all it had cost her was an arm ? with what she had seen, she considered herself lucky to have gotten away with just losing an arm.

Wiping a tear from her cheek, Nari shook herself and got up from her resting spot.??With one last look to the stars, she started over the rooftops back to her hovel on the other side of the city ? it would be a busy day for her tomorrow; nothing is every easy for a wizard for hire.

12-20-2005 02:02 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

*applause*

Icon_cry that was such a great story Ryx Icon_cry

<Now recruiting the Ryx Fan Club>

<3

12-20-2005 03:04 PM