Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Rule number 8 of the server states this:

" * Do Not Cheat
If you find a bug or abuse, please report it in the ticketing system :

http://ticket.hero-server.net"

Not only MUST you report a bug if you find it, but you must also not abuse of it. Some players have found a juicy bug and have decided to exploit it viciously.

Icon_evil

I speak for my self when I say this, but I think the other GM would agree. I HATE cheaters, I hate their guts for thinking they could get away with it, I hate their lack of respect for the other players, I hate them just as much as I hate botters. I'd say I'm a pretty nice person overall, but piss me off and you will find hell! So recently we discovered how people abused of a "bug" and we went on a crusade to find those &?%$#@!$?* cheaters.

With this bug some players, with the help of a cheat, were going back to the training ground where some NPC give you free levels, with the help of this bug, some players have leveled effortlessly.

Below is a list of all the people who are getting a PERMANENT BAN for abusing of this bug with one or more of their characters (in bold are the characters we cought so far and around them all characters associated to the cheater).

You don't find it fair? TOO BAD, you didn't have to cheat. We wont hear any excuses, the GMs have agreed on this, it was a common decision to perma-ban the cheaters we found. There will be no "my little brother did it" or "it was somebody else on my account", you are responsible for your ip and your login/password.

I think I speak for the GM team when I say that we are both deeply desapointed and also pretty pissed to see how some of our players have cheated, and we don't want any of these people back on our server (thus the perma ban and ip ban in some cases).

We are still looking into the logs to find more cheaters, it's a tedious and boring task and we would much rather spend our time working on positive things for the server, rather than having to look for stupid cheaters. If you are not on this list but have abused of this bug, know that we will find you one day or another. If you wish to come forth and confess & appologise, you will get temporary ban and some level loss intead of a permanent ban.

For anyone after reading this who would feel like trying out cheating (And I hope no one is stupid enough to do that?!), for your information, we changed the coding of the npc in order to prevent anyone but a novice under level 10 from gaining free levels in the training ground area.

As for our good non-cheating players, we haven't forgotten about you, we appreciate your honesty and to reward you we will hold many event associated with this during the next 2 weeks with the stuff of those cheaters as the rewards.

The cheaters:

(xXIKura1_Kum0IXx, -=Adelaide=-, xo0Kan3xo, xIAdrenalineIx)
(BUDDHA, imanassassin, Chewbacca, SoulSteaker0324, Watcher, Comenshi)
(HealingMist, dfgdfg, Kairi Ryutsu, xlAdre3nalin3xl)
(xKeira Avalonx)

(Gambit, Rock Lee, Nova, noob1, Shadow, Hatake Kakashi, Domingo, Super Nova, Magus)
(Sakura, Tenten, Zelda, Linda, Tournament, Tifa)
(Dycin, Antonio)

(Bathazard, SoulStealer, Bathazard_100106, Chaotic, Roy...., Jango Fett)
(ChaosSin, Samoko)

(Winry, Kaede's, Aeris, Tinkerbell, Winry.)
(Amanda_Yoh, Crawler, rikku)
(Pomelo)

(Sora Aihara, Could Natus)
(Kurosaki, Ishida Uryuu)
(Daisuke83, With)
(distortedMIND, Screaming, Miko, Hot Pocket)
(Danishbread, Skidaatle, Jazzle, Clueless, Applejuice)
(Shattered)
(Pinwheels)
(Satoshi, Takeshi, Kdra, Kikuchi)
(kilROy)
(superdude)
(Naru)
(Claire)

(Acalanata, Magno)
(Batman)

(Drake, ..Cold..)
(Steve Vai, Cold, Morroc, morrroc, Joe Satriani, John)
(Lyaly, ..Nina.., ..Nina.., Nininha)

(Hina,Hiname, tyvm, New1, New1_1203, Nyoming, Hina Mi, Hinali, Hina.fan)

(Sheep, Lamb)

This might seem like a lot of ppl, but it's actually just about 8 different ip, some people just have way too many characters.

And what's the moral of the story kids? Cheating is bad! >_>

Icon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evil

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-03-2006 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Umm....
I know batman hasn't played RO in a hell of a long time...
therefore i don't really see how he could have exploited the bug...

but anyways...

if I may...

can we have proof of this abuse of bug please?
Because I am just in disbelief that some of these people have done this...

Thanks...

- Tenshi

[Edit]
11 of those characters are from AE...
well 10 and 1 formerly...

I really really don't think they all cheated...
[/Edit]

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2006 09:15 PM by Tenshi.)
04-03-2006 09:11 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It shocked us too at first, but we have solid evidence.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-03-2006 09:14 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Same here. Icon_confused

I asked the people this pertains to, and they have no idea what this is all about either.
04-03-2006 09:20 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

There were some weird leveling going on for quite some while, about a week ago we figured a way to level using npc in the training ground, checking the logs and the backups to find such cheaters is painfully long and we cant check everyone. So a week back, we put an invisible action on those npc, everytime someone used them it would log the action in the database. So during the last week every character (2nd job or higher) that used those npc were flagged in the database. Its how we been able to identify most of those cheaters.

Ben
04-03-2006 09:21 PM
Chaossoul Offline
Banned

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

are you kidding me omg do you have ne idea how hard i work on my chars? can you send me the proof at bathazard@hotmail.com please ...
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2006 09:32 PM by Chaossoul.)
04-03-2006 09:26 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

one of them leveled around 147 levels using this cheat!!! Icon_eek
04-03-2006 09:27 PM
Rock Lee Offline
Banned

Is this some kind of consipiracy? I see mostly AE members there, When Alexander told me i thought he was playing around but then i come to see that he wasn't. I haven't been in training grounds since ive been banned long time ago for that 1 week ban. You can ask people that i've been on the whole time mostly in pront or at lou yang doing actual leveling. I see this as a joke, cause i know theres lots of people that hate us and now you guys do this to further this proof. I want to see screenshots of this stuff cause this is ridiculous. I'd be more pissed but i'm trying to stay calm. You say all this just cause of our IPs? what you talking about id like an explanation that proves all this made up bs.

Just adding, how the hell you get to training grounds? Last time i checked, only novices can spawn there. This must be about that star knight thing.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2006 09:33 PM by Rock Lee.)
04-03-2006 09:29 PM
Sheepdude Offline

This is a surprise.

Someone told me about the exploit a while ago (20th of March to be exact). I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to get that person banned, though.

What's really a surprise is that half of my guild was using it without my knowledge. It was that much of a close-guarded secret that we didn't even tell each other. I thought it was just two people.

After I reached 95, that person offered to level for me. I agreed since I'm on computer probation and can hardly play, so I used the exploit to get from 95-97. (Well, someone else used it for me, since I don't have access to it).

I apologize for not reporting it, and especially for using it myself. However, one thing I would like to say is that my guild commander, Alexander, was in the dark about this. He is an honest, hardworking player, and no one told him because he would never condone exploitation. While half of Angel Empire seems banned because of this exploit, I'd like to point out that the heart of Angel Empire had nothing to do with it. (In fact, I thought it was just two members using it, not seven or whatever).

Anyway, it might not be a possibility, but if you COULD, I would still like to play on Sheep. Even if you reduced him to a level 1 novice with no equips, I still want to play as Sheep, and stand by Alexander.

Obviously you guys are pissed about this, and I understand why. I can only say that I'm sorry.

[Image: signature.jpg]
04-03-2006 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

One good explanation is this one : how can someone gain a lever or two without EVER changing his amount of exp? We could blame it on "chance", but at level, say 90ish as a reborned character, it's mighty hard to level a character while having the same amount of exp over and over again...

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-03-2006 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed