Poll: what's the best build/weapon for a rogue/stalker?
bow
dagger
sword
caster
reset depending on situation
i don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

Big Grin what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

rogue class. the most flexible class (imo). but which one's the best? i've been trying a sword rogue atm, everyone thinks it's a stupid thing to do but i find it really good and somehow more effective than daggers Icon_smile

i've been thinking for a while now about this topic and still cant decide, so i wanna see how you guys feel about this. i'll list some of the pros and cons (from my observations) with every class. feel free to add, argue, ehh. im not really good with words... so here it goes

note:
1. every weapon has different % damage dealt to a specific monster size so me saying sword is better than dagger is kinda full of bias Icon_twisted
2. i'm noob at being a rogue, i was so shocked when someone told me that T-Chan (hiya T :D) can solo a kasa with a dagger rogueWhistle i wish i can be as good as her or somehow near her greatness Ok so please, feel free to guide me and correct my wrong speculations No1
3. build are personal preferences, im just saying things imo Sorry

weapon class : bow
stat : dex/agi (and maybe some int for skill spamming)
pros : long range, build for higher stripping chance, DS spammable, triple and double attacks from long distance is kinda cool Icon_razz
cons : less damage and aspd compared to a hunter, no falcon to assist headlocking(lol im comparing it to a hunter /swtIcon_wink

weapon class : dagger
stat : str/agi/dex
pros : high dmg against small monster, fast aspd (compared to other weapon for rogue type)
cons : not that good damage against bigger monsters, small damage compared to other class (ex.knight), no finisher move/spammable skill

weapon class : sword
stat : str/agi/dex
pros : high dmg against medium monsters (in comparison to dagger) i think that's about it
cons : slow as in slow aspd (not when you're using thin blade Icon_biggrin), no spammable skill/finisher move, no double attack unless if you have that OP chick hat

weapon class : ? type : caster
stat :int/dex???? and maybe agi
pros : tunnel drive + aoe wiz skill = cool, i cant really appreciate this type even though all people say it's the best class for a rogue... well y become a caster rogue when u can become a freaking wizard? o.o for bb, y become a bb rogue when u can become a knight?
cons : limited skills

weapon class : ? type : ganker
applied to all?

well that's all bases on my observation, yes as you can see i pretty much dont know anything about the rogue class. so please guide me to the right stalking path Icon_smile

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-13-2010 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niyad Offline
Positivity

RE: what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

In no way am I a pro-*insert class here* player, but imo a sword-based rouge is NOT a stupid thing to do. It works for a standard "cookie-cutter" build for rouge/stalkers (SVD), and can switch to daggers anytime, so I think it doesn't make that much difference.

The one thing that separates stalkers from the other classes is the Plagiarize skill. In PvP or WoE, that one skill makes stalkers very unpredictable. When you see one in PvP or WoE, you don't know what build it is out of all the possible builds because of Plagiarize, whether BB or SG or Divest etc. With that being said, it's time for a generic answer to most build questions: I don't think there's a "best" build for stalkers. They all serve their purpose and has their own uses. It all boils down to what purpose you wanna play and how you wanna play and the style that suits you and enjoy the most.

I have a shop.
07-13-2010 08:05 AM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

It all depends on what you want to do with the stalker later on. PvM? I suggest dagger or sword builds. as nya said, those two barely have a difference between them. you could also be a pvm bow, mobbing with BB. for woe, you could either go strip with high dex/vit, or go support with skills like FSK or SG.

Also, ganker only works with melee weaps, so if youre gonna want to gank, do it with sword/dagger builds.

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
07-13-2010 08:41 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

@niyad. unpredictable... that word attracts me to be a plagia type stalker someday :D whoah and finally someone agreed that sword rogue is not a bad idea :D

@micer. tnx for the info, i was planning on making a strip bow stalker before and i nvr knew i cant gank with a bow :D hmm. another question, can i use BB with a bow? :3

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-13-2010 09:15 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

i would have to say bow rogue just becuse with max dex and int you can cast switch elements in a hot second back stab does half damage with a bow sidewinder card enables double attack and divist all as a stalker just makes it epic when its all being used by a active type player who doesen't want to spam one skill the whole time. you do need to be pretty pro (not me) but when it works it works well all in all i think its the best stalker build for dueling not so much for pvp on a woe scale.
07-13-2010 09:16 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

is backstab better than DS? only tried it with daggers and swords, hmm even though i havent tried it yet, i agree with the woe and duel thingy. stripping a player unless if he/she's that importantly crucial is kinda not good at woe

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-13-2010 09:22 AM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

DS > backstab. firstly, you need to position yourself for backstab, which is a major hassle. furthermore, the nice, attractive damage multiplier is halved with bows, making it just barely high than DS' s modifier. considering you could much more easily spam DS than back stab, walk to the enemy's back, and backstab again, DS is definately a better choice for bow rogues.

You could use BB with bows. and the baby chick hat is better for double attack with bows than a sidewinder card (lvl 10 double ftw!)

As for the dex/int build, i would not suggest that unless youre going to go caster. realize that DS delay is affected by aspd, and by having no agi, youre going to be horrendously slow in DSing things.

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
07-13-2010 09:45 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Personally in the longer run dagger/sword starts to heavily outperform bow.
It takes a lot of gearing but it happens.

Sword is more of a pvp/woe thing but I guess if you don't mind the lower aspd (compensated by carding thin blades instead of other swords) then be forced to wearing baby chick hat...then sure sword is pretty good too I think.

HOWEVER, sword builds can still use daggers, and there are a lot of nice daggers for rogues to use (weeder knife, dragon killer, exorciser, combat knife, ice pick). So in my opinion if you are set on swords that's fine, just don't forget you have daggers too. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-13-2010 10:10 AM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

psch nubron, stop being phat and only advertising daggers!

but that is true, daggers are nice.

Edit: also, dont forget that you can copy certain some nice skills that can help you with farming! (soloing with an aspersio'd exo or OAB, anyone?)

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2010 10:18 AM by micer.)
07-13-2010 10:16 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Dagger Stalkers can spam Raid which is nice. We have a ton of daggers at our disposal.

And as Dagger you can still copy BB so there's your finishing move.

Sidenote: Daggers are usually lighter than Swords.
07-13-2010 01:35 PM