Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pet carrying
Marc-san Offline

Pet carrying

Yeah i would just like to suggest that having our pets hold on to some of our items not be lost when we log off or what not. It would be really helpful if they still had the items on them when we log back in happened to me a couple of times (N)

I love men
I love juice
I love peanuts
I am Marc-sanIcon_wink
07-15-2010 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Pet carrying

I do believe it is mostly a coding issue. Unless an expert at coding can fix it or someone tell me it isn't, I assume we can't do anything about it.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
07-15-2010 02:30 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Or, kept this way on purpose because only merchants are meant to have an extra fail-safe cart.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-15-2010 05:42 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

well, though it would probably have to be hard coded in, i would say that as long as a merch has a cart and a pet, then the pet contents should go to cart upon logout/disconnect/whatever the case may be. and of course if the cart is full, then the items are dropped on the ground accordingly.

pets have their uses, and things beyond anyone's control do happen, so being able to recover those items would be nice. heck if possible to access pet storage through coding or scripting, then maybe have a "pet item recovery" npc that charges a certain amount based on the total weight of the items that would have otherwise been lost upon logout.

it's just a thought, though i do agree with nami that they shouldn't be relied upon like a merch's cart, at least having an npc like what i mentioned would be a more reasonable compromise.
07-15-2010 11:13 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Personally, just the ability to access what they're holding WITHOUT dropping it all on the floor (where others can grab it (it's hell when there's 3 or 4 people at the advanced spot, and everyone has a looter pet... NO! BAD KITSUNE! THOSE ARE NOT OUR FISH!)) would be plenty. As to dropping at logout... It would be a nice feature, but would probably be evil to code- since I'm fairly certain it's a straight-up game mechanic, not a skill or ability... Maybe if the looter "ability" of looting were to be customized as a "looting 2.0" type thing, but... Alas, I know not the inner workings of the game, and I'm just wild-mass-guessing my way through the source XD

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 12:11 AM by ABlueJelly.)
07-16-2010 12:08 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm, well right now the way the looter pets work is that if you have stuff in them then log out the pet will return as many items as possible until you reach the peak of your weight limit and cannot hold anymore.

I think this is fair, and I think it use to be different. I think when you use to log off the pet would just drop everything whether or not you had any weight left didn't matter. ;O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-16-2010 06:54 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Or we can upgrade to the new pet system then this won't even be a problem anymore \o/

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-16-2010 06:57 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE:??Pet carrying

Namine Wrote:Or we can upgrade to the new pet system then this won't even be a problem anymore \o/

You mean the one with stat bonuses instead of random skills ?

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
07-16-2010 10:57 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Ew, that makes pets more munchkin-ee instead of more aesthetic... Well, beyond the Assassin and Stalker fetish for smokies...

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
07-17-2010 01:18 PM