Poll: attention concentrate for rogues, yes or no?^^
yes, it'll bring world peace
capital N + capital O
i don't care, because i'm a troll with aura *rawr*
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
attention concentrate
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

attention concentrate

ok it's this time of the day again when my isp sux so bad that my dagger/sword rogue suddenly becomes long rangeMad

[Image: private_2_b931958c32e9f6f082e6185f113486...d0915l.jpg] if my screenshot isn't posted, then im officially a net noobCry

and today's topic is about : rogues again *-*

well this is more of a suggestion but of course, i would like to see your ideas about this guys... so here it goes

referring to my past thread about the best weapon/build for rogue, i've been seeing a lot of comments that says "why go for bow rogue if you can just be a hunter" which i find to be really bias to archers (but i kinda agree), so now, since a lot of things have already been nerfed, well maybe rogues can be given some kind of class balancer, specifically be given attention concentrate which can be casted on the owner's will

well this is kind of an impossible idea cause this can really bring class imbalance but maybe, a bit of consolation for rogues, even a skill that adds dex (the only reason y rogues go for bow type is because they combo it with being a stripper, stripping a hunter? quite impossible because of their buffs, out dex-ing a hunter? pretty impossible so really, why go for bow rogues?

well, i wanna try playing now so imma post this now, too lazy to say my crazy thoughts which no one agrees with

to cut things short, i'm asking for rogues to get the Attention Concentration skill, as in skill, not auto casted when attacked, agree or no? Icon_wink

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 05:48 AM by Split Ends.)
07-16-2010 05:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: attention concentrate

... Rogues/Stalkers need even more AGI? >>
Super flee and ASPD as it is.

That, and the +12% AGI from AC would mean they'd be able to reduce their base AGI and still have their current flee, while also freeing up lots of stat points to put into other things. =\

No thanks.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
07-16-2010 06:06 AM
Psithief Offline

Needs more Dex, but not more Agi.

Also, changing how the game works? HeRO is not that brave!

I used to play here a long time ago.
07-16-2010 06:14 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

bow rogue: to mob with bowling bash from afar, and strip from afar.

But if you are only planning to spam DS, then yes you are only a sad version of the hunter. If you are playing bow rogue, which is fine, then do stuff that a hunter/sniper cannot to justify it.

But now if you don't pvp for bow in this svn, then there's absolutely nothing that a Sniper cannot do, as Sniper can mob with Sharpshoot too even if it's not as great as your BB mob, but they can also physical range mob now. Strip doesn't work in pvm atm until next svn, then you do have a place with bragi and service dance to spam full strip and keep spamming to refresh the massive debuff.

Plus if anything, the ninja always gets the right to whine about class balance before stalker can even think about it.

As for the poll, I don't mind some new Troll mvp that got auras. *picks*

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 06:30 AM by Namine.)
07-16-2010 06:28 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

haha. love the votes, well i expected those criticisms when i made this poll, how about even just owls eye? i think that's better because no agi bonus, just dex Icon_smile

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-16-2010 06:42 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

In my opinion stalkers are really underpowered PvM-wise compared to SinXes and snipers. However, giving them any new skill like that is not the solution. In my opinion stalkers, as underpowered as they are are a good base of a PvM class.

New gears are the solution. Trackers daggers are a good start. Dragon combo would be helpful to stop Gandora overpowering if not for the ridiculous drop from Nidhoggur MVP.

What they really need is even stronger flee improvement gear and mdef gear. They will always be outdamaged, always very vulnerable to larger mobs but imo it is ok - they are not a damage class.??On the other hand, they have the potential to be the best fleetanks, the 'LKs of flee'. This is very useful already in, say, Nidhoggur1 where everything and their dog casts Dispel.

Even if HeRO population doesn't like flee (mostly because it is not useful in common party configurations which indeed are the most exp-efficient) it still is a viable way to play and you can get >300 flee without sacrificing anything you cannot live without.

Even if flee protection is much weaker than VIT/def one (think of negative status and larger mob reductions) which will not really help in med/high end MVP, insane flee shield is something really useful and nice in PvM especially if the rogue/stalker has a decent VIT and good protection gear. SW + flee = win.

My answer to this poll would be: no. Sorry, but imo it is better to amplify the niche they can hold rather than make them something else, something they should not be.

If you have to make them stronger skill-wise, change their 'flee' skill from giving 40 flee to giving 50 flee. But I would prefer new gear (rogue/stalker-only to prevent SinX/sniper to use it) over skill modifications.

But honestly, I think HeRO population's general opinion is something like this: 'stalkers are OK, their skills are OK, their gears are OK. No need to do anything special'. Thus, nothing will change as they are not as bad to require a buff - and afaik HeRO doesn't do general balancing.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
07-16-2010 06:59 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??attention concentrate

Irxallis Wrote:But honestly, I think HeRO population's general opinion is something like this: 'stalkers are OK, their skills are OK, their gears are OK. No need to do anything special'. Thus, nothing will change as they are not as bad to require a buff

Why fix what's "OK (though can use some fine touches)" when there's the glaringly useless pile of poo known as Ninja right next to you? At least gravity remembers that you exist with tracker's dagger. Ninjas still feeding off items from 2008 until BG arrive-- oh wait why would anyone spend their BG points on Ninja weapons when weapons of other more practical classes share the same cost? <insert more ninja suicide here>

Back to Stalker, it's more that their role is supposed to be a debuffer. But then the chance to debuff in pvm is so low that why bother at all... thus making its entire reason of existence, super pointless. The flee tank thing is more "forcing yourself to have a purpose" as you put it, it doesn't have anything in the high end mvps/dungeons/efficient parties... and as our parties already point out, the entire party got to adapt to just make the stalker tank idea work ._.; Compare to jobs that got a set role... plug in the pally in a reasonable party, and it *just works* by itself.

PvP-wise, still not much better... when the Creator class entirely and completely walls out your reason of existence, reducing you down to a FSK link dispelling recaller only...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-16-2010 07:07 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Namine Wrote:Why fix what's "OK (though can use some fine touches)" when there's the glaringly useless pile of poo known as Ninja right next to you?
I agree with you - there is no need to improve stalkers. I would like to see them improved, but unlike some other classes it is definitely not necessary.

Namine Wrote:The flee tank thing is more "forcing yourself to have a purpose" as you put it, it doesn't have anything in the high end mvps/dungeons/efficient parties
High end MVPs? Yes, useless. High end dungeons? Disagreed.

Dimensional Gorge? We proved it works well on a 2* sniper + stalker + HP or sniper + prof + stalker + HP team. Nidhoggur1, 2, 3 (except Duneyrr - and only because we haven't assembled the necessary equipment and made several tests yet)? No problem. Add Soul Linker into equation and you have one safe undispellable tank. Thor1? Only salamanders are a problem. Does not work on mobbing parties, but there are more ways to play than that single one, even if they are less efficient exp-wise. But then I don't have to ask @main for the same classes everyone competes for.

Party does not have to adapt to a stalker. Every party is built around a concept who-will-do-what. It so happens that in a party with a fleetank(s) the tactics is different to one with a different mob control.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
07-16-2010 07:36 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

if you gave att concentrate to stalkers then you would be basicly saying " i dont need no stinking party" and thus stalkers become a stricly solo class. not good for stalker buisness. now if i want to level find somone who is also inlove with the class and level rogue & rogue thats really what is best for the class but you do have to sacrifice some points for gangsters paradise but if you and you rogue friend are together and geared you will be killing just fine.
07-16-2010 08:50 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

i kinda agree with namine's last post, well imo, most of it are true. arghh those creos ate our best use

@kari, well same goes for snipers then, "i dont need no stinking party" well they can pretty much handle things on their own (please dont contradict this by giving the really impossible situations Icon_biggrin)

irx's way of defending stalkers and making them look really good motivates me to become a stalker asap :D

well all characters got pros and cons, stalkers however, really catched a lot of cons when it was raining cons, and at that time, snipers were sleeping LOL Icon_razz

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-16-2010 09:48 AM