Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion:Multi-skill bars
Shish Offline

Suggestion:Multi-skill bars

on this other server i played we had multiple skill bars...this beats battle mode off with a stick, its so simple and easy to use every ro server should have it, you can toggle typing on and off and use 123...ect as your secondary skill bar Icon_razz which beats scrolling through 3 of them with f12...ive provided a screenshot if you need anymore information on it im ingame as shish Icon_wink??P.S. it goes up to 4 bars long!! =D

[Image: df83u8.jpg]
07-16-2010 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: Suggestion:Multi-skill bars

Thats the renewal client interface, we probably won't have it for awhile. Not really sure on that though :/
07-16-2010 05:45 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

No thanks. My previous server updated and got it as well, and its annoying.

The entire interface with the options menu, stat/equips, all that crap is unnecessary. I like it in it's simple form as is.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-16-2010 05:47 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

This is a good idea in that it replaces /battlemode with a much more simplified, user-friendly interface. 'Cause let's face it, /battlemode is a must for almost every class, but we can probably all agree that it's complicated, glitchy, and a general pain in the ass to use. However, if getting the new interface means having to incorporate a new client, then I don't see this happening for a while, if at all. And I don't know much about the stat/equips/options menu you mentioned, but it sounds like maybe it's more hassle than it's worth.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
07-16-2010 09:52 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

From what i hear it's a major pain in the royal ass to change the interface.
07-16-2010 09:59 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

It's very convenient as far as i'd tried. As long as you can curb your talkative ego you'll be just fine.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
07-16-2010 11:31 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I think it would take up to much screen space accually.. My laptop doesnt have a huge screen plus i love bm as it is. The only thing i hate about bm if is you 'spam' a skill on someone you get this 1-1 chat >_<" i know you use /q to close it, but to acivate my second and 3th bar in bm again, click on you type bar and press space a few times.. Gah annoying Cry (eslecially since i dont use a mouse to play) [/rant]

maybe give people the option to chose if they wanna play with multi bars or the old fashioned bm~

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
07-17-2010 03:46 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Suggestion:Multi-skill bars

Kittie Wrote:I think it would take up to much screen space accually.. My laptop doesnt have a huge screen plus i love bm as it is. The only thing i hate about bm if is you 'spam' a skill on someone you get this 1-1 chat >_<" i know you use /q to close it, but to acivate my second and 3th bar in bm again, click on you type bar and press space a few times.. Gah annoying Cry (eslecially since i dont use a mouse to play) [/rant]

maybe give people the option to chose if they wanna play with multi bars or the old fashioned bm~

well, the 1-1chat happens when you use skills on people via party window, it's not bm thing..

otherwise, yes, I agree with taking up screen space, it's among the things I hate about renewal interface. (actually the only thing I like about it are buff/spell timers and delay markers)

btw, I have /bm hotkeyed, and I guess you could hotkey /q as well, these shortcuts work even with bm on so you don't have to turn it off and on again

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 03:55 AM by Jens.)
07-17-2010 03:53 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

You can easily setup your skillbars by mapping them, then you can get the bar off your screen again... unless you "insist" on seeing all 4 bars to remind yourself of what button is what skill, but that's remedied with practice to the skillbar of your own setting. Later on you can use all 4 bars without the need to look at it to know what button is what.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-17-2010 04:13 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

For every class? Wow, really? Unless you plan on min/maxing at DB, or you're hyperalert and *can tell elemental affinity from the player sprite*, Clowns can work no-problem with the default 9 skill slots. Gypseys as well. I mean, really... AV, MS, AC, Encore, W/C (2 of the same instrument/whip, or Amp if you're hella lame), FJ, Tarot, Arrow Set 1, Arrow Set 2, Pots. Bam. Done.
Before you even consider suggesting multiple levels of AV, I ask you why your clown/gypsy isn't at least *almost* instacast.
As to why two sets of arrows... Ori fails versus ghost, so you bring Ori and Immaterial so you can't get GR'd or anything.

Okay, now that I've shown you don't need Battlemode for 1 class, pretty much ever (I mean, really, you can just sub encore and the arrow sets if you want to be able to use more songs- Apple and then bragi/sunset depending on the party- and if you're PvPing, you aren't going to ever need Apple during a fight)...

Now for another class ^_^
With most PvM duties, a wizard doesn't even need Battle Mode. I mean, take Nameless for example.
SG1, SG10, Quag, MC, emergency mana pots, tele/fwings... Wow, 3 slots left for just how you plan on dealing with banshees... FD, CB, JT is what I'd do...
"But what about health pots!!!" You're not soloing, you have a priest. You have health pots in case the priest goes AFK, you don't need them every minute of your life. If your priest is a nub, well... I'm kinda curious as to how you made it through the entrance to Nameless 3...
(EDIT) Actually, you can ditch CB for health pots... and you can swap FD/JT for SC/FBo... or even FW/?? if you want to be really creative. That, and just copypasta this for pretty much everywhere... Really, you shouldn't need BM unless you're DBing, or "doing it wrong".(END EDIT)

Anyways... I guess my point is...
You can't always get what you want.... You can't always get what you want... You can't always get what you want~ But if you try sometimes, you just might find- you get what you need~! Whistle
Yes, I did start singing as I typed that XD

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 01:53 PM by ABlueJelly.)
07-17-2010 01:49 PM