Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just stopped in to say hello.
1John5vs7
Unregistered

Just stopped in to say hello.

Dear HeRO:

My name is David and my wife is Leah. We've decided to start playing on your server because it sounds like you've got an active GM who gives a hoot, you've got respectably low HP/JP/loot levels which means this isn't a 1337 haxx0r power-gaming server, and because you seem to have a decent-sized community of gamers.

We are relatively reasonable people just trying to play a little MMO during our off-time. We both work in the telecommunications industry (for CenturyLink, actually, and yes, I'll get you the best rate on your services if you want me to, just don't be a jerk in game; pro-tip, they're switching to DirecTV for their television instead of Dish, so look for bundled savings there).

We are Christians..Seventh-day Adventists, specifically. If you've got a problem with that, that's just fine by us, we're used to it by this point in our lives. It would be awfully nice if you could either: a.) keep it to yourself or b.) engage us about it in a polite, respectful manner so that we can have a debate in an adult manner without stepping on the poor GM's toes. I'm sure he/she has enough hoopla with which to contend that he/she doesn't want to add our differences to her agenda. It's probably best to approach us out of game through AIM, MSN, or Yahoo!. As previously stated, we're extremely reasonable and perfectly willing to answer for our beliefs. I digress.

I'm not sure if this is an RP server or not; I assume it's not since I haven't really seen anything to that effect as of yet. I have not yet created a character, nor have I installed anything on my wife's computer as of yet (and yea, we'll have 2 players on one IP address, so GM, heads up on that one. It's my wife and I both, we promise; no 2-boxing, as that is more of a headache than it's worth anyway). We just bought a house (literally, just closed on the deal on Friday July 30) so we may be on sporadically at first, and then with more regularity.

As a result of the aforementioned Christian faith, we do not and will not play between sunset on Friday and sunset on Saturday as this is the Sabbath of God and He has given a strict commandment to observe it as a holy day devoted to God in Exodus 20:8-11, otherwise known as the 4th commandment. Again, I do not by any means intend to enforce this restriction on other players, and I mention it only to make known to you that I will not be participating in guild events, server events, or any game events period during this time. Once again, anyone who is interested in further information is welcome to contact us out of game through the aforementioned mediums.

We wish you all the best, and hopefully we will be fast friends in game. God bless you all and have a wonderful day no matter what life throws at you!

Yours,

David & Leah Stratton
08-01-2010 12:01 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: Just stopped in to say hello.

Hi, hope you enjoy it.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
08-01-2010 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

Hey there, you two. Welcome to heRO! There are actually quite a few active GMs here. The server isn't really a roleplaying server, but there are a few elements of such a thing in our custom content.

Good luck with the whole house situation, by the way! Hope you get settled in soon. It sounds really exciting- congratulations on that. May the house serve you well while you live under its roof.

Either way, if you have any questions about the game, server, or anything else, let us know; either here or via the main chat channel in-game. There are lots of people willing to help you out, assuming they know what they're talking about. I really hope you two have fun and generally enjoy your time here on the server. :)
08-01-2010 12:55 AM
Aeolian Offline
I troll harder. ^_____^

Welcome to heRO. Icon_smile Hope you enjoy it here, as it IS quite an enjoyable atmosphere. Like all other servers, there are those who'd rather march to the beat of their own drums, but for the most part, heRO is a nice community. As Malady said, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to inquire. There's always a good soul online willing to help out.

You sound like a nice couple to get to know. Icon_biggrin Hope to see you in-game.

Aeolian (99/69 High priestess) - A helping hand
Aeolia (99/70 Professor) - Let me teach you a lesson
Aeo (99/50 Perma monk) - Aldebaran Battle Maiden
Aella (99/69 Sniper) - Quick and easy
Rhianna (98/69 Gypsy) - Free services in full
Lheanne (96/64 Assassin Cross) - Demanding dominatrix
Rhia (98/65 Creator) - Open to experimentation
08-01-2010 02:29 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

hi thar, welcome to HeRO!

it is indeed nice to play with your spouse Ok
anyway, customs info etc are in the forums and wiki. And we do not really RP so much, but there are enthusiasts, and if you're really serious, the RP section will always welcome any input/stories/etc...

there's no restrictions to faith here AFAIK, but more often than not TOH is on the weekends, so perhaps that's a bit of a loss for you, but really lots of people can do pretty well without TOH gears etc...

grats on your new house, GL and HF!

-w-
08-01-2010 08:01 AM