Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Absent repeatable EXP quest?
Jescar Offline

Absent repeatable EXP quest?

So ya'll should totally consider adding the repeatable EXP quest available at the NPC named Lilla at um_fild01 (35, 281) for 50 Sharp Leaves. Thoughts?
08-01-2010 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

RE: Absent repeatable EXP quest?

no if the exp is good at all then everyone would do it from moscovia.
08-01-2010 01:40 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I have to ask. Why some on here are against repeatable EXP quests. I say have a bunch of different ones. Getting people to gather items from all over.

A few suggested items to be hunted in repeatable EXP quests:

Claws Of Desert Wolfs
Raccoon Leafs
Old Picks
Wooden Hearts
Worn Out Prison Uniforms
Black Hairs
Sticky Poisons
Rotten Meats

And many other options.
08-01-2010 01:50 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

A lot of people ask about the Repeatable Exp Quest, one thing you have to remember about those is they are from iRO and our emulator follows kRO.

That being said we don't dislike the principle of those quests and have plans to add something similar in the future.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-01-2010 04:09 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

As long as there are a buttload of different ones that don't spontaneously allow you to jump up to level 80+ in less than a day because you can simply buy the items from farmers, I like repeatable EXP quests. They can encourage people to explore more of the coolio world that is Ragnarok. Maybe even throw a quest in dungeons that no one ever goes to, like Abyss (do people actually go there? I wouldn't know, but seeing as how there aren't "PARTY @ ABYSS LFM" messages on main...)

I'd also think it'd be pretty cool if the GMs said they implemented it and then proceed to give absolutely zero info else on it. I love watching players take things into their own hands.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-01-2010 04:58 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'd learn about it, test on T&D somehow, and then it'd get on wiki after that.
Also, on iro they have it where you can turn in repeatables after killing so many of a monster. This feature if EVER ADDED somehow to our SVN would then allow us to emulate this type of repeatable and it actually could get people to party places. Especially with our 3x quest rates and all this could wind up being a fun way to level without it being HILL WIND HILL WIND HILL WIND for a majority of players.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-01-2010 05:06 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

YOU BEE.

Fine then, I vote for scattering the NPCs all over the world and it'll take months to go through all of the maps on heRO thoroughly to find them all. >:D

It would give a lot more traffic to the wiki, though.

Funny thought: repeatable exp quest in Muspelheim! Woo! Eheh.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-01-2010 05:11 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Put an NPC in Payon 5, one in Amatsu 1st as well.
08-01-2010 05:46 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Absent repeatable EXP quest?

Incarn Wrote:As long as there are a buttload of different ones that don't spontaneously allow you to jump up to level 80+ in less than a day because you can simply buy the items from farmers, I like repeatable EXP quests. They can encourage people to explore more of the coolio world that is Ragnarok. Maybe even throw a quest in dungeons that no one ever goes to, like Abyss (do people actually go there? I wouldn't know, but seeing as how there aren't "PARTY @ ABYSS LFM" messages on main...)

I'd also think it'd be pretty cool if the GMs said they implemented it and then proceed to give absolutely zero info else on it. I love watching players take things into their own hands.

unless you mean 80+ trans in a day then fine, but honestly with our rates, it's not all that hard to get to 80+ non-trans in a day, or even in a matter of several hours, if you're able to endure monotony for hours on end lol. or even make it somewhat more exciting by going after gear/cards/items you want/need for future use. you'll gain levels quickly without even thinking about it.

so yea, exp quests wouldn't change a whole lot aside from them being a small zeny sink because you're doing item gathering quests, so you're getting exp from killing monsters and then giving the loots to an npc for more exp rather than selling them for zeny.

i would think it would be a lot tougher on a person doing repeatable exp quests untill 99 non-trans to then have to go and get the zeny needed to trans (though the 1.4m? i forget how much it is) isn't that hard to get, it'd just take them a bit longer since i'm sure they'd be buying gears or making gears for trans leveling which will eat into their more limited funds as is. granted they could possibly get rare cards/gear they don't need and sell those off, but knowing the heRO GMs and testing community, the items they'll be requiring the person to gather will be of high value anyway, and the other drops won't be that worth it, not even the cards or gears, so there won't be a whole lot to gain from repeating these quests, other than a decent chunk of exp each time you complete it.

all it is is a different way of leveling and make the game a bit more enjoyable for a number of different people that enjoy questing for exp rather than mindless killing. might also attract more people as well.

am i for it? doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. i think if i had gear for a class i don't currently play and felt like taking that class on, then i'd probably just do that for experience rather than kill monsters, otherwise i don't mind the hunt so much.
08-02-2010 03:39 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Repeatable sounds good, but something like custom equipment(such as poring, drop, marina hats, etc. goodness, i have no idea what i'd do with them) or item hunts would be interesting. But it'd had to be something less attractive and demanding, maybe like snake scales or tooth of bat.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
08-02-2010 10:53 AM