Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deluge, Volcano, Violent Gale?
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Deluge, Volcano, Violent Gale?

Hi, i have a sage and built to be a bolter, with ground buffs and endows. However, i don't really understand the 3 skills mentioned above. They're supposed to enhance the damage of their respective elements, but i don't see much changes with the damage of my defensive Firewall and offensive Firebolt on the Volcano i'd placed.
So how exactly do you make use of them? Do i have to...
1. Cast while standing inside the AoE at the target inside the AoE as well?
2. Cast while standing inside the AoE at the target outside of the AoE?
3. Cast outside the AoE and aim it at the enemy in the AoE?

I'd really like to know how to use them properly as i it's not entirely cheap to buy or make yellow gemstone(4 blues or 2 reds for 1 yellow) all the time.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
08-05-2010 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Deluge, Volcano, Violent Gale?

You cast inside the area of effect.
Also you can cast the effect again without gemstone cost as long as the field is up for its duration (meaning you can walk around with it if you like).

Its actually not too hard on your gemstone count. Dispel and Land Protector are worse eaters of your gems than the ground skills are. x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-05-2010 04:02 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

By casting the field without gemstone, does it mean over lapping or beside it? So i can create something like 81x81 instead of 9x9 by using 1 gemstone and continuous casting?

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
08-05-2010 09:42 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Only one field per sage at a time. If you had another sage cast volcano over any cells of say...deluge...it will overlap with volcano.

However you don't have to be in its area of effect to get the free gem cast again as long as the duration of the field is up.

So example: I lay down Deluge 5. During the first duration of Deluge 5 (which is 5 minutes) and I'm on the same map I can recast deluge anywhere on the map for free as long as cells of it are still available (such as using it for Waterball). I can't really explain it better than that, so hopefully that answers the question.

08-05-2010 09:49 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

basically it just means that as long as the skill's duration isn't up you can bring your "ground buffs" anywhere on the same map with you, meaning you go to a geo's map, cast volcano, stand inside it, cast FB 10, kill the few geos around there, then tele to another part of the map, then recast volcano it will have no gem cost, just move the AoE to a new location, allowing you to continue usage of the skill.

and a 5 minute duration is a pretty long duration to have i think.
08-05-2010 10:40 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

wow that sounds kinda epic. mayhaps i should work on a sage.
08-05-2010 11:09 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

That's really neat! Thanks a lot for the info. Icon_biggrin

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
08-06-2010 12:32 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

1 more question. Will it affect monsters in the area? For instance, if i cast deluge in byalan 4 or 5, violent gale in HWs, or volcano in thors for whatever strange reason, will they receive the bonus from it as well?

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
08-07-2010 02:33 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

It says that part, right in the description.Cast Whirlwind, And Stroufs Ever so weak lightning bolt will be that much stronger so long as he stands inside it. MOnsters??will be affected to. Deluge will give water monsters (and water property armor users) slightly more HP, and ALL water property attacks, magical and physical will be??increased for anything standing inside deluge.

Cast Volcano in thors? Those Beefy Salamanders (and anyone with fire property armors on) will get More attack for standing inside of the Volcano, AND all their fire spells and Fire Breath attacks will do that much more damage.

For Wind monsters, and wind prop armor users, they get Flee??+ the Wind prop damage boost.

To my knowledge, the damage boost only occurs when??the cast finishes inside the??AoE,??so if you're outside of the spell, and lets say,??you cast Lvl 10 Lightning bolt on a monster, and run back into Whirlwind before the cast is completed,??then the damage will be boosted.

I beleive it's also important to note that you cannot cast this ontop of Poem of Bragi. However, you can cast poem of bragi on top of these elemental buff fields.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2010 03:02 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-07-2010 03:01 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I hate that nerf a ton by the way...>_<

08-07-2010 08:11 AM