Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Client help needed - tired of seeing apples!
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Client help needed - tired of seeing apples!

So yeah, my problem is that my client is going insane for reasons beyond my understanding. I've been really looking into this, but seemingly threads I found ain't up to date, and I, for instance, am using RMS's RO and RORE clients + HeRO Mini Installer.

Very core of the problem is simply;
"Failed to get /patches/patchlist.txt"

Although I've completely uninstalled RO and RORE and tried to installing them a dozen of times in all ways imaginable, along with HeRO of course - can't get any of it to patch. They just stay same way as before deleting, and give me the same error, no matter if I run them as Admin or not.

I really got no clue what's going on here, what am I lacking and what to do to get HeRO working as it should. It all worked perfectly before. No idea why would it suddenly stop patching (as in last patch I received was the one in June, 24th or earlier one). However, I'm seeing custom gears (such as Back Ribbons) as apples, and they were out long before the last patch... x_x

Can anyone help with this or any ideas what I could do?
08-15-2010 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE: Client help needed - tired of seeing apples!

Get Ragray or the newest heRO full installer.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2010 11:50 AM by Jens.)
08-15-2010 11:50 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: Client help needed - tired of seeing apples!

what he said
08-15-2010 11:55 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:??Client help needed - tired of seeing apples!

Jens Wrote:Get Ragray or the newest heRO full installer.
I was rather sceptical about it at first, but surprisingly Ragray patcher alone solved the entire thing for me. I actually doubt HeRO full installer would've helped (because I had a problem with it earlier on). So, thanks alot for advice!

Icon_biggrin

I'm really happy that I didn't have to spend another day, just trying to re-download something that won't work. Now I know what to do if/when my boyfriends HeRO will error the same way as mine did, too. Still amazes me that although our files were identical, he hasn't experienced any errors or patch lacks. (Then again, I use Vista so I always have problems with something. <_<; )
08-15-2010 03:20 PM