Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO battlegrounds
shuning Offline

RO battlegrounds

ive seen some videos on youtube about the RO battlegrounds in offical severs such as kRO, iRO and euRO...
just wondering do we have them in this sever? it looks kinda fun

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
08-10-2010 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: RO battlegrounds

Oh trust me on 2 things
-It is the most epic thing for pvp AND it gives gears some classes NEED in order to pvp and woe at their top.

-The gms are working on it but have "other bigger surprises for all of us to enjoy"

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-10-2010 11:43 PM
Trapper Offline

RE:??RO battlegrounds

Shikari Wrote:Oh trust me on 2 things
-It is the most epic thing for pvp AND it gives gears some classes NEED in order to pvp and woe at their top.

-The gms are working on it but have "other bigger surprises for all of us to enjoy"
So do u know what it is?Question Mark
I Hope it's something for the nobles.
Coz it makes me look like a clown who has used 25m for +6flee gem.Cry
I Should have used Evolved small ribbons as told by Aaro.
Or may be the GM's Are Releasing Brasilis new monsters with their orginal stat, base level and drops.Icon_biggrin
And the new Ro Skill Timers.
Or activating @whosells Command.
We Really need1 since There are 2 many merchants now.Sweat

AFK From Game.
08-11-2010 07:18 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

The first one is very true, the second is what gms tend to say everytime we question something everyone else has but we dont.

also its not for nobles, its for everyone.

Also you DO NOT want to fight new world monsters with theyre real stats (they do over 10k dmg per hit with a nice aspd, the ones from El Discates anyways)

the timers are nice.

08-11-2010 11:46 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Yeah, new world monsters at what we have are a bit nerfed... though Centipedes are arguably worse in their incarnation here, as the larva metamorph into the full ones in a rather short time- and then spawn their own larva. Makes recovering from someone poking the cornus (or a tata while a brad's being dealt with (hammerfall with a screen radius = gg)) a total pain when a centi's part of it, as they can, and will, multiply.

Timers are Renewal Client, iirc. And unless there's a hardcore scripter for the *client* on our GM team, I don't think we'll get them any time soon (unless we, for some odd reason, switch to the renewal client). If enough of it were to be made (or is, I don't know how eAthena runs its show) open source, I'm sure we could implement a batch of homebrew copypasta for our client. In fact, if it is, I'd probably be willing to help with cooking that copypasta =P Maybe even add a few things... Like using the skin's equipment background and trade background (the skin I have has such beautiful graphics for it... it's a shame they don't work v_v)...

Also, @whosells would be nice =P Would save a lot of the headache of shopping, and probably help stabilize the economy (as you can @whosells for market-watching, as well as use it to help with PCs (and will keep them consistent, since you *know* what others are selling the item for- in fact, it will probably lower a lot of semi-high prices thanks to the wonderful effect competition has in a S/D economy)).

EDIT: Forgot a period v_v

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2010 01:54 PM by ABlueJelly.)
08-11-2010 01:54 PM
Trapper Offline

B > @whosells command pm me.Sweat

AFK From Game.
08-12-2010 12:34 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:??RO battlegrounds

ABlueJelly Wrote:Yeah, new world monsters at what we have are a bit nerfed... though Centipedes are arguably worse in their incarnation here, as the larva metamorph into the full ones in a rather short time- and then spawn their own larva. Makes recovering from someone poking the cornus (or a tata while a brad's being dealt with (hammerfall with a screen radius = gg)) a total pain when a centi's part of it, as they can, and will, multiply.

Timers are Renewal Client, iirc. And unless there's a hardcore scripter for the *client* on our GM team, I don't think we'll get them any time soon (unless we, for some odd reason, switch to the renewal client). If enough of it were to be made (or is, I don't know how eAthena runs its show) open source, I'm sure we could implement a batch of homebrew copypasta for our client. In fact, if it is, I'd probably be willing to help with cooking that copypasta =P Maybe even add a few things... Like using the skin's equipment background and trade background (the skin I have has such beautiful graphics for it... it's a shame they don't work v_v)...

Also, @whosells would be nice =P Would save a lot of the headache of shopping, and probably help stabilize the economy (as you can @whosells for market-watching, as well as use it to help with PCs (and will keep them consistent, since you *know* what others are selling the item for- in fact, it will probably lower a lot of semi-high prices thanks to the wonderful effect competition has in a S/D economy)).

EDIT: Forgot a period v_v

Sorry but no, the timers are not part of the Renewal Client. It's part of the SVN update.
08-12-2010 12:37 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

^ I've heard its renewal too, maybe gms made a custom version of it?

08-12-2010 01:21 AM
Xeke Offline
The Code

Rankin is right... The renewal client is not required for the buff timers...
I just logged on to the test server, with the same client i use to connect to heRO, and agi-upped myself... There is a nice little bar on the side of the buff icon now...

I use the heRO client to connect to my own test server, and did the same thing... The bar is also there... My server is running one of the latest trunk revisions...
I haven't downloaded the client recently, and patches don't change the client itself, only game content, so the bars are an SVN addition...

@whosells is a custom command, so there is no 'activating' it... It simply is not there... The GMs will have to add it to the server code themselves before heRO gets it...

Now back on the original topic...
As for battlegrounds, testing is holding that up, and GM-Forge is apparently making alterations to it so it can be tested easier... So it's on it's way...

Live to win, Dare to Fail...
I *AM* the code...
08-12-2010 04:43 AM