OoT/3D: Ocarina of Time/3D
MM: Majora's Mask
LA: Link's Awakening
TP: Twilight Princess
WW: Wind Waker
OoA/OoS= Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Season
MC: Minish Cap
SS: Skyward Sword

I was 5ish and I beat LoZ: Ocarina of Time. It was 1999, and I was in love with the first Zelda aka the first game I have ever beaten, then a little over a year later LoZ: Majora's Mask was released, I got it for christmas. I loved it, and I had to beat it, so by morning I had it beaten. Boy, it was amazing. But, for some reason I couldn't get myself to beat any other Zelda games other than the N64 titles. Finally, this e3; Nintnendo announced that they were remaking LoZ: OoT, and it would be on the 3DS! But before that announcing a whole new Zelda: Skyward Sword. But it was the OoT remake that got my attention. It was enough for me to say to myself "I have to earn the right to play LoZ: OoT in 3d, I must beat every Zelda game created before it releases. Thus, The Adventure of Steven begins.

I recently beat the original LoZ, and Zelda II on nes. Just plain amazing, love the both. The were really challenging, such an amazing experience. Just a few days after that I beat LoZ: A Link To The Past. Who could have thought that an already perfect game could get anymore perfect? Nintendo did, and they were right. After that I decided to beat LoZ: Twilight Princess. At first I wasn't too sure if I'd like it, but in the end, to no surprise at all, it was as expected, an amazing game, although not perfect, possibly the most annoying thing to me was when I had too many rupees and I found some in a chest in a dungeon, and then was forced to put them back in the chest making it so there was still a chest on the map that I hadn't gotten. After LoZ: TP I started LoZ: Link's Awakening DX on the GBC. I can already see that top-down Zeldas have a trend, they're all perfect.

my ratings for zelda games i've beaten;
LoZ- 9.5/10
LoZ:taol- 9/10
LoZ:alttp- 10/10
LoZ:oot- 11/10
LoZ:mm- 9.5
LoZ:tp- 8.5

Mstr Rouge-Rogue 80/50
Mstr Keal-Knight 58/26
----------------------
Help Out Your Server
vote every 12 hours
rate on RMS
---------------------------
[Image: HtNjK.jpg]
08-12-2010 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruki Away

RE: The Legend of Zelda

Coolstorybro~

Personally my favourite of the series is A Link To the Past, it's one of the more challenging to complete followed by Majoras Mask. Though lately I'm growing more and more tired of the series because it's becoming too easy.

I understand that Nintendo are making the game more universal for other players that aren't quite as experienced with the game but meh I want a challenge or a puzzle I haven't seen 20+ times before...

[Image: 5npukm.png]
Alore // Naruki // Revi // Sakito // iPlay // Enox
08-12-2010 08:44 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: The Legend of Zelda

as far as zelda sequels goes, yea, i'd say even though they add new features or new items, etc to the game, nintendo really hasn't found something that makes the game that much more challenging as compared to the original series games.

i've beaten all the zelda games i've played, which is most of the ones on that list there except twilight princess and majora's mask and by far the more frustrating game of the series would be LoZ II: The Adventures of Link. sure the first game was challenging since you really didn't have much direction in where to go, but it wasn't all that bad after a while. the second game however, man that frustrated me a lot. really, most of the spells in the game are downright useless since you don't really need them save for a couple of dungeons so it's a waste to have them. but the leveling system, that was a pain in the @$$. they completely moved away from the whole zelda theme with that experience system and it caused so much frustration doing nearly endless grinding just so you could survive long enough to beat the boss.

anyway, my personal favorite will always be the game that started the whole series. i just love playing that game, figuring out new ways to do things, doing difficult challenges, etc. most of the new games don't really offer a whole lot of flexibility since most items/skills/whatever are practically necessary to have throughout the game with little to no deviation from that.

oh well, enjoy your adventures with the rest of the games. it'll be fun, especially Oracle of Ages/Seasons.
08-12-2010 10:21 PM