- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
08-16-2010 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

RE: Beginner's Complete ToH Guide

if i recall correctly you arent allowed to bring those andoys
GM-Pandora Wrote:Are Forbidden: Yggdrasil Leaf, Yggdrasil Berry, Yggdrasil Seed, Angel Fish, Doris Fish, Nemo Fish, fly wings, butterfly wings, dead branches, bloody branches, anodyne, small life potion, large physical defense potion, large magic defense potion, any kind of scrolls, buffing food, buffing items such as authoritative badges.

and "sigh" dont think this is gonna help me on my super nub 8th ToH lost i think....as a sniper too =O (i got some skills there)

any suggestions...lol

- Average Points -

Monster = 40-45

Item = 10-15

Trivia = 0-10

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2010 01:35 AM by Nero.)
08-16-2010 01:33 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Anodyne serve as self-buff item, but Aloevera is a debuff and doesn't seem to be on the list. Anodyne will make some class too easy to run to the end due to free endure effect even for limited amount of time.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-16-2010 01:36 AM
Aeolian Offline
I troll harder. ^_____^

Absolutely love your guides. Ok

This one doesn't apply to me personally, but I can testify for its effectiveness and veracity. Only true experience can provide for a guide of such magnitude in sagacity.

Awesome work. No1

Aeolian (99/69 High priestess) - A helping hand
Aeolia (99/70 Professor) - Let me teach you a lesson
Aeo (99/50 Perma monk) - Aldebaran Battle Maiden
Aella (99/69 Sniper) - Quick and easy
Rhianna (98/69 Gypsy) - Free services in full
Lheanne (96/64 Assassin Cross) - Demanding dominatrix
Rhia (98/65 Creator) - Open to experimentation
08-16-2010 01:38 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Beginner's Complete ToH Guide

Namine Wrote:I have noooo idea why I forgot about provoke, which means aloevera is totally viable in toh too to break down golems. Will have to add provoke related stuff.

Only Bradium golem got any offensive power out of all the golems, and bradiums usually either not touch you at all, or it's an instant OHKO. Very well geared LKs/Paladins (not knights) may survive with high enough raw HP, but then you run into risk of occult impact OHKO instead precisely because you got high vit to get that raw HP to begin with. Probably bradium is a round 5 not a round 4 because sum of HP for 3 monsters is way too high for bradium for it to be a round 4 candidate. Plus, its attack power does justify it for round 5. Ice titan is a pretty defensive round that you are guaranteed at least 5 points (pretty sure their BB is capped at 3k), but getting 10 can be hard for some players.

Frenzy is just so... no shield is a giant pain? It's just way too prone to status attacks for my liking, and testing the water only works to certain extents because monsters got capability to gain new spells or switch AI as HP goes down to completely change. Great on item trial though cause MSPD is king in that section. Not sure why I didn't write that specifically for item trial portion either.

Recently the only elemental changing monsters that got used are all at round 5 as all the bio3s can change element near death, but no one in their right mind will frenzy for offensive reasons against bio3 anyway.

LKs have a thing called Concentration that lowers your DEF hence can be used to decrease the OI effect. And after all, it just can have the appearance of brad golem, but be totally different on the inside. And that is interesting about your guide. You mention monster being modified yet you specifically address mobs as if they were unaltered. I can pretty much see Brad somehow nerfed as tier 4. (by the way, I personally consider anything less than 40 pts from first 4 rounds as my personal failure)

I spent most of my LK career twohanded so I pretty much know all the pros and cons of this. it is a big no-no vs magical mobs/classes but for the physical side, as long as you keep parry up 2HS can be the way to go, even when non-zerked.
It is quite living on the edge but risk is fun.

(and for the record, Kate from bio3 IS frenzy-doable. Yes, she killed me in toh but that was my fault entirely as I chose a wrong weapon, totally forgetting I could have combined my pvp katana with any random converter I had on me for way higher damage output. Seyren, on the other hand, was something else, zerk and run and I still caught the spiral that took half of my HP. Would have stayed and died like a warrior but uh, got an order that I could not have disobeyed to run.)

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
08-16-2010 03:04 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

<3 it... +1 Nami

though i must say that my wife always goes as her LK and she always frenzies and gets 50/50 in monsters trial most of the time... might be luck, but yeah i'd say Nami's guide is good if you feel like spamming BB and fish for faster effect in the early rounds...

as for monk, bring a frilldora garment. Lately it seems cloaking does not help you lots, but it's a good way to retreat to safety to recharge if you don't have fast cast and reloc. Be ready to spam fish, and use asura for fastest effect on round 3-4-5. Round 1-2 is investigate or mammo (use that headgear). Really hard to justify FO's DPS imho... champs have PPS so they're that much easier to do...

oh and for sins who GT, don't bring over 85% weight or maybe even 80% 'cause you can't un-hide if you hit 90% OW. You do not want that...

wiz can abuse ice wall and quag, i really wonder how sages should best do ToH... profs have SoP and double casting, but sages... Thinking

-w-
08-16-2010 04:18 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sages can Vertical Firewall or Firewall.
They also can use SC or FD and have FB and LB to help. Too many newbie sages play the class I feel since Siromas and Imps have pretty much made the job 10x easier to level.

Spellbreaker can stop many monsters from summoning slaves, not only boss types try to summon these things. Even so, its worth it to try with a 10% chance cause you'll possibly get 2-3 of these off before mob is summoned.

They aren't amazing but...they can get by probably. Still better than some builds/classes in ToH if they go in as caster type. Autobolt would rely on the bolts activating and using that flee they got to kill things.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-16-2010 06:53 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

/Sticky

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
08-16-2010 05:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

but i love autocast sages! cast first, then attack! with enough flee and luck you'll get that double cast effect Laugh

and def? no problem, +7 DoC ftw!

-w-
08-16-2010 06:15 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I admit didn't finish reading it yet, but this is an awesome guide, kudos!

As others have mentioned Item + PVP has always been allowed, it's just not often chosen because Monster is deemed easier.

"Soon" I'll take the time to add the new Mass Battle map, hopefully it errors less than the one we currently use!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-18-2010 01:21 PM