Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Q:hacked items
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

Q:hacked items

if someone drops a hacked item at pront and i picked it up without knowing it's hacked. am i liable for it?

the recent ban issue really bothers me

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
08-17-2010 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Q:hacked items

Icon_smile

though seriously, dunno, I think gms could check to make sure you had nothing to do with it...

but still Icon_smile

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-17-2010 10:58 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I think GMs will contact you if you are somehow related.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-17-2010 11:05 PM
otohime Offline

If someone dropped a Jellopy, who cares if it's hacked? (I mean that in the way as, you wouldn't get in to trouble)

If someone dropped some rare gear I am too n00b to even know thus name... how would you not be suspicious about it being dropped?

Just use common sense, and don't be paranoid. The GMs ban people, that's their job to help the server. Whether people agree with their actions or not. (a little off topic)

[Image: 93147490.png]
08-18-2010 02:01 AM
shuning Offline

RE:??Q:hacked items

otohime Wrote:If someone dropped some rare gear I am too n00b to even know thus name... how would you not be suspicious about it being dropped?
but when GM bans bots they drop all the gears in mid pront... (that's how i got my pupa card.)

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
08-18-2010 02:04 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: ??Q:hacked items

shuning Wrote:
otohime Wrote:If someone dropped some rare gear I am too n00b to even know thus name... how would you not be suspicious about it being dropped?
but when GM bans bots they drop all the gears in mid pront... (that's how i got my pupa card.)

They do?
I know for certain that I never have.

I know it has happened very rarely in the past, as listed in the Event Archive as:

Quote:The Pickup

Someone's loss might be your new treasure!

This event is often associated with bad players, botters or cheaters that are banned from the server. A GM will check their accounts for nice items and will drop them in town to the good players! Usually great items are ommited from the dropping (rare cards like thara, hydra and such will not be dropped). Pets and skill such are Greed are forbidden for this event.

though I have not heard of one taking place during my time as a GM, which is nearing close to a year now.

As for the original post, if you think you have an illegal item, it is best to let us know, but as Namine said, we usually approach the person.
If you know you do, then you'd better tell us ASAP. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

08-18-2010 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Plus, sometimes a player is like "LOL THIS GEAR IS USELESS TO ME" and wants the lulz of dropping it in a town and seeing everyone scramble for it.

I'd hope a ban could be appealed if you had no knowledge that the item wasn't legit.
'course, now everybody's gonna SS them picking up anything >.>

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
08-18-2010 02:13 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

The time when Pickup was used, it was a novice event so it's pretty clear that it's GMs giving it out as part of an event (and thus obviously legit cause it's hosted as a public event), not just middle of pront or anything.

Another way sometimes GMs release gears from banned account is they auction it off. I believe that has been done too, but auctions held like this is also clearly a public event for the server to join as well.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-18-2010 02:15 AM
otohime Offline

Getting "hacked" gears from GM event is completely different from some random jerk who is probably the hacker :/ It's easy to know where items come from -_-

[Image: 93147490.png]
08-18-2010 02:20 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

If you pick up an Angra Manyu and you think its legit theres something wrong with you. Atleast thats what i heard were the types of items being hacked, forgive me if i'm wrong.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
08-18-2010 02:34 AM
Thread Closed