Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The recent bans
Shikari Offline
Br?

The recent bans

So, dunno how many people got a look at it, but shunning made a thread apologizing and explaining the hacked items situation.

Pretty much he was explaining how it all happened and what not, and I have to agree with him that the bans on Tiffa and HeROClown are total BS.

Tiffa should just lose the hacked items, is not like she got much of a chance to even abuse them and everything else she had. and HeROClown maybe some jail time at best.

Dunno if shunning deleted the thread on his own or if it got deleted by gms, but if it was gms, seriously? did you have to delete it?

PS. the only one deserving the ban is him for being and idiot and falling for their scheme.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-17-2010 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: The recent bans

and a part that shouldve stayed either way.

shuning Wrote:Removed by GM-Pandora
08-17-2010 11:59 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

^ that, I would have copy pasted everything if I knew it was about to get deleted, all I managed to keep where the 3 links since i didnt close them.

08-18-2010 12:00 AM
shuning Offline

i think the GM moved it to some admin forum.cuz i still got the link here and it didnt say topic deleted.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=16068

but anyways, thank you very much ^.^

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
08-18-2010 12:01 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

The thread was not deleted.
As the entire investigation into the hacking matter is still undergoing, it was moved to the GM area.

As for the other two people brought up, they were rightly banned.
Do not think either, that heROClown has been the first person banned for not revealing rulebreaking, especially of this magnitude.
It is clearly started in the rules in at least 2 places that not reporting rule breaking will be attached to serious punishment.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

08-18-2010 12:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Shikari Offline
Br?

oh, thats fine, i guess

Shuning, youre an idiot, but a nice one so its not all bad =P

08-18-2010 12:04 AM
SoS Offline

To the original post...

I had a chance to read Shuning's thread before its removal, and I agree with you...on some points. Shuning, I hate to say, had it coming. He DID buy hacked items, in full knowledge that they were hacked. And as for Tiffa...Tiffa deserves it as well. "Tiffa should just lose the hacked items, is not like she got much of a chance to even abuse them..." If you're trying to murder someone, and the police catch you doing it, they're not going to let you go because you didn't manage to do it. From how I read this, Tiffa DID receive hacked items, knowing they were hacked. Sorry to say it...but she broke a rule, and got the punishment for it.

As for heRO...that's where I feel you're right. HeRO probably deserved, as most, a temporary ban. If I read Shuning's post correctly, he became aware that Shuning had hacked items AFTER Tiffa had already been banned, and GMs probably would have been close to finding Shuning as well. Also, there's a certain loyalty among friends. How easily could you report a friend for breaking a rule, knowing they'd be banned for it? (I know I may be completely wrong about the circumstances here. Just my opinion from what I know.)

As for deleting the thread...I really have no opinion either way there.

~Spirit
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2010 12:08 AM by SoS.)
08-18-2010 12:06 AM
shuning Offline

RE:??The recent bans

GM-Circe Wrote:The thread was not deleted.
As the entire investigation into the hacking matter is still undergoing, it was moved to the GM area.

As for the other two people brought up, they were rightly banned.
Do not think either, that heROClown has been the first person banned for not revealing rulebreaking, especially of this magnitude.
It is clearly started in the rules in at least 2 places that not reporting rule breaking will be attached to serious punishment.

am i allowed to repost the thread here for another copy? so at least every1 can read it?

if not reporting a rule breaking deserves a perma ban... then i suggest that rule to be changed... its it just plan stupid telling friends backstab each other.

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
08-18-2010 12:09 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

All of you do realize what the 2nd last rule is right?

heRO rules Wrote:Do Not Tolerate/Assist in Rule-breaking Activities
Inaction to cover up a rule-breaking act committed by someone else, such as not reporting a bot due to being in the same guild/friends, not reporting fully banned member returning to heRO*, can also count as an offense. You should report on rule breakers as soon as possible.

They did not report someone walking around with 3 DL and 3 DI when they got the chance to see it, but instead try to find loopholes in the rules so they can participate yet stay out of the trouble. Just because "technically" they didn't participate themselves cause the RL money transaction was done by another account, that somehow justifies their willingness to purchase some items, but "tone it down a bit not to be too obvious?" Hello? This clearly screams out that their motives are to participate to get the best benefit out of this, and not about fairness of the game and goodness of the server as a whole.

And just in case if anyone wants to argue "maybe they are just participating to go under cover to validate things and they'll report it later!"

Possessing those items, keeping them, using them, and not reporting it is just the nail for the coffin as further evidence. Plus, you do not take things in your own hand in heRO and do as you see fit. You let GMs do their job, and report any suspicious actions/players immediately.

About "loyalty" issue: how is that justification for anything? Building off of the RL-murder example: "Oh I can't possibly report my friend murdering someone else, cause he's my friend Q_Q" you try that.

"+ related accounts" means, any account involved.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2010 12:13 AM by Namine.)
08-18-2010 12:10 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

No. The thread was moved there for a reason. Any reposts will be moved, too. As I said, the investigation into the hacking matter is still undergoing.

Not reporting someone hacking into the server, and others profiting from it is the most severe case I can think of when it comes to not reporting something.
Not all report failures necessarily result in a perma ban. but this one definitely does.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

08-18-2010 12:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed