Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extended Share Range
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Extended Share Range

There was a discussion in guild of one server I know having a 30 level range and some heated arguing on pros & cons....

Well I thought about it and I'll tweak that idea.

A 15 level share range in Hero. So say 84-99 for top EXP share bracket.

Thoughts?
08-18-2010 01:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

RE: Extended Share Range

I like it.

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
08-18-2010 01:36 AM
SoS Offline

I would certainly like that change (leveling some characters, particularly transed support characters to 89 can get pretty difficult)... but 10 levels isn't too bad, really. And having it at 10 opens up parties in that lower range, which can often be pretty fun, actually. 80-90 parties can still go the the 89+ places (which can actually be pretty fun, with the party being at a lower level than what's normal, it makes places like Nameless actually FUN...kind of), and often go to places other than the usual 89+ ones. Having it at 84 would mean less parties to lower level areas... leaving basically nothing but Thor or Nameless. And of course you still COULD do those parties, just...why would you?

Kind of complicated...I'd like it, but I'm, not sure I...want it. (Kind of a useless post, really...)

~Spirit
08-18-2010 01:37 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Mixed feelings as well... Part of me wants it so I can be more helpful (lv96 clown, couldn't help a lv85 Gypsy (Spirit, actually)), but... Beyond those rare situations, this really wouldn't do anything except reveal people who need pro gears to not be nubs, along with those that can nearly get by on skill alone, a whole lot faster.

I'd enjoy it if it's in, but don't really care if it isn't.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
08-18-2010 02:20 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

there's been threads like this in the past too...
so again i'll say no...

first of all, getting from 1-70 base even as trans is relatively fast and easy -meaning sharing 15 wouldn't be too much different from sharing 10. Then comes the reasoning that allowing a 99/70 char to leech a lvl 86 with reckless abandon could be abused in so many ways... Not that people haven't been leeching like crazy, or that they will stop doing so... but help them do so even faster? i don't think so...

-w-
08-18-2010 05:19 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Leeching will always be a part of RO. Best to accept that. The change for me would help me share EXP with more of my guildies. It would obviously level others faster as well. But again...I don't mind if others level fast.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure how it would be "abused" unless you mean duel clienting.

If you mean, will plenty of people use it? Yes.

Would that be abuse? No.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2010 12:00 PM by Matrim Cauthon Jr.)
08-18-2010 11:59 AM