Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pokémon!!!
Mstr Keal Offline
Tayla's Lover

Pok?mon!!!

Who else got thinks that it's bullcrap now and that they should do things like they did in in R/B/Y, & G/S/C? Those were the best times, even the third generation was amazing, but after that everything went down hill and I am sad Icon_sad I still remember when I got a red game boy color, and pokemon red for christmas, it was amazing! Also pokemon snap! on n64, and pokemon trading card game on GBC are amazing, they should make more of those!

Mstr Rouge-Rogue 80/50
Mstr Keal-Knight 58/26
----------------------
Help Out Your Server
vote every 12 hours
rate on RMS
---------------------------
[Image: HtNjK.jpg]
08-19-2010 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Pok?mon!!!

Oh dear, another "old games are SOOOOOOOOOOO much better" bullcrap.

4th gen has much more amazing balance and allows a much better userable pool with special/physical split among elements, and not just having choice band as the only choice item to give a fair perspective to the special side as well.

Not sure why everyone loves GSC to death, probably cause that's the days when the most amount of new features got added and the first sign of game complexity through breeding, but really GSC is such a giant stallwar with snorlax and blisskarm, and we have no fighting moves or taunt as wallbreakers.

3rd gen greatly improved on this with cross chop and other much more accessible fighting moves along with taunt. 4th gen got an even stronger balance due to forementioned atk/spatk split, along with choice scarf and even more priority moves to make revenge killing easier so you don't get swept the moment salamence or gyarados pull off 2 dragon dances like 3rd gen does.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-19-2010 03:46 PM
Mstr Keal Offline
Tayla's Lover

No, the balance means nothing. If it was still the first 3 gen with the new shit it would be better, now they're starting to look like digimon. Also, the game didn't balance out because the new pokemon, they balanced it out to improve on old pokemon. It's stupid. I see where you're coming from, but in this case new isn't better. Just like with RO, 3rd classes? That's stupid. kRO should have done what they were going to do at first, have 2 reborn classes to choose from. Why don't they just delete certain pokemon completely, the ones that no one uses? Come on. Maybe bidoof? -_- Regardless, it's opinion and I'll knock off my opinion to nostalgia.

Mstr Rouge-Rogue 80/50
Mstr Keal-Knight 58/26
----------------------
Help Out Your Server
vote every 12 hours
rate on RMS
---------------------------
[Image: HtNjK.jpg]
08-19-2010 05:52 PM
master mage Offline
Soul Lich Lord

Got'cha!

---------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Who "Sage (Perma?)
Healing Aura "Cute Aco Lord!"
Money! " Alchemist[$Money Maker$]
             And his pal $Glamorous$(Homunculus)"
12-10-2010 10:16 AM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

To be honest, even though the newer generation is pure bullcrap, and I dislike the lack of originality for naming and creating new pok?mon, I'm completely in love with the changes in the breeding system (being a pok?mon breeding addict) and incorporating worldwide trading and battling systems. I'm an old player, so I'm not used to the new graphics, but I say they're pretty good though. Icon_razz

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

06-10-2011 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

RE:??Pok?mon!!!

Mstr Keal Wrote:Why don't they just delete certain pokemon completely, the ones that no one uses? Come on. Maybe bidoof? -_-

hey i liek bidoof! >:o

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
06-10-2011 08:31 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Just, after playing White I can barely stand the 2d on the older games. My eyes just wouldn't wanting to adjust to it.

We can sit and argue all day, but nostalgia can make anything seem a thousand times better.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
06-10-2011 08:41 PM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

I honestly loved EVERY pokemon game. Yes fire red was the best of all time (hehe) but its good for different reasons. In the end games are gonna evolve just like pokemon do Icon_smile
Diamond was the most recent one i played and It was so fun! I think my personal fav is Sapphire though Icon_smile

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
06-11-2011 04:40 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Amusingly enough, the Japanese names in 4thgen and 5thgen are far,far, FAR better. So really its the English naming department that is letting you down not the Pokemon game series.

Also as someone who plays competitively the new gens tend to make past pokemon much stronger, giving them the moves and ability's that actually make them useable in a proper match, its so nice to be able to thrash a person with Arcanine now that they gave it a move list that is actually useable, and if you don't play for the battling story and replay value wise both 4th and 5th gen have great storylines *Atleast for a pokemon game*

Further more, Some of the new pokemon are actually really fun, Like Erufuun or Whimsicott in the English version. Not to mention Excadrill, Chandelure and Sawbuck. Yes some of them have honestly unneeded or stupid concepts, but for the most part a majority of them are good, entertaining and importantly useable additions to any team.

Also a uncommonly known fact is that each generation has a generally themed Pokemon list, picking a culture or religion type to base on, specifically Black and White has a very Japanese Flavor on there Pokemon.

Really my only two complaints with the latest gens are as follows.

1. The dreamworld abilitys are amazing but hard for a player to obtain especially if they are after a strong IV or a specific nature as well. So sometimes your going to be spending alot of time going for that perfect pokemon.

2. They don't like taking away moves given to older gen pokemon, so every generation the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon are getting stronger and Stronger, or getting moves that make little sense. Seriously you can legitly get a Flying, Surfing pikachu which while leads to a amusing mental image does not do much for realism..if there is such a thing in pokemon. It also means certain pokemon get very very strong having access to every counter move they could ever dream of.

Again for those who do not care about online battling and play just to enjoy the experience of building a team of comrades and fighting your way to the elite four will find plenty of enjoyment in the 4th and 5th gen games just as much as they did on the originals, because at the end of the day your playing to explore, discover new Pokemon and catch them all and a new map, new pokemon and new opponents goes a long way to achieving that.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
06-11-2011 07:25 AM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

OT: woot, fates on forum means fates back on game. wb Icon_biggrin

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
06-11-2011 09:10 AM