Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Competition in WoE
Kakiro Offline

Guild Competition in WoE

Hey, I'm looking to move to a new RO server. But the thing thats most important to me is something thats kind of hard to research, so I figure its just best to ask. Whats most important to me is the PvP community of a server, and how competative WoE is. Does one guild wipe the floor with everyone or is there real competition? Is Woe boring here? Any answers would be much appreciated.
08-24-2010 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

RE: Guild Competition in WoE

Well... right now RObots control Pont which is the best castle to have. Behemoth has control over Geffen which is the only other castle... other than that.. Fatality WoE's and sometimes KoL but the only to official WoE guilds are RObots and Behemoth in my opinion because they are the 2 largest... not saying Fatality isn't you know strong and what not but they have what 10 maybe 11 members?

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2010 03:05 PM by Cobbinator92.)
08-24-2010 03:05 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm these are the guilds I believe are WoEing at this time.
*FN Pirates
*RObots
*Behemoth
*Bamboo Squad
*Ordo Phoenicis (sorry if I spelt your guild wrong dudes!)
*Knights of Lunch

In Non Trans WoE its 2 Guilds I think which are:
*Bamboo Squad
*Rolling Pandas (Mostly made of RObots members)
*others I don't know about since I haven't non trans'd woe before)

WoE is fairly active, however regular PvP is kind of random. We don't have a lot of PvP regulars here. I personally also prefer MvP, PvM, and WoE as I enjoy the teamwork aspects of each.

I think WoE competition is pretty good. We changed castles recently but before we did I know the Geff castle had hands changing on it quite constantly. A lot of the time Pront is held by the top guild for awhile but they usually get broken eventually (usually every few woes or so). WoE at the same time is full of people who probably don't belong there but that's kind of how it is on most servers heh.

Anyway if you have any questions about any of the guilds I listed I'll try to answer as best as I can!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-24-2010 03:10 PM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

FN pirates? are they new or something?

08-24-2010 03:54 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

FN Pirates = Fatality, we were waiting on the reset so we could finish the name change.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
08-24-2010 04:03 PM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

Oh.

08-24-2010 04:15 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Kakiro Wrote:Hey, I'm looking to move to a new RO server. But the thing thats most important to me is something thats kind of hard to research, so I figure its just best to ask. Whats most important to me is the PvP community of a server, and how competative WoE is. Does one guild wipe the floor with everyone or is there real competition? Is Woe boring here? Any answers would be much appreciated.

heRO WoE isnt very balanced...ever.
Guilds are rarely equally powered because of the slides in power. For example, LoA held pront castle for a while and when they quit the next strongest guild comes up, Legendary Warriors, it holds pront castle at 100 eco for half a year, something happens, power shifts, behemoth holds castle, LoA comes back and merges with a few other guilds into STD and takes over, once STD quits Behemoth comes back and takes high eco castle again. Then Legendary Warrior people come back and make Seraph and take high eco castle from Behemoth. Seraph people quit, Behemoth retakes said castle. 2 guilds then merged into what is now RObots along with some Seraph players rejoining it and now have the high eco castle once again.

Point of the history here is heRO doesnt have a balanced WoE, the most balanced ive seen WoE was STD vs Behemoth where the sides were very even. Other then that it seems in heRO one guild just rolls over the other until something happened like key players taking a break or the other guild working their ass off or stringing together alliances. heRO may not have a balanced WoE but it is still active with probably around 60-80 players per WOE. There are people who make every WoE so there is no question that it is active but the sides right now are tilted in a certain guilds favor as usual. Also if you are worried about having castles with no players in it that is rare to happen here since we only have 2 castles open for WoE and 1 retro WoE which is non-trans only. So figure 60-80 people in 2 castles on average.

As for PVP like others player said, its random. There isnt people in PVP room 24/7. Sometimes players just go there to sit and talk and get wiped by the people who actually go there to kill people. Despite this there are some serious PVP players in heRO though they are few compared to the population of heRO. Then there are people like me who like to alt tab in PVP and i sit there dead afk for an hour...Though i tend to alt tab no matter what im doing...

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2010 06:56 PM by thecursed.)
08-24-2010 06:51 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

I won't lie. WoE here is kind of a joke atm. Like the above posters have said, few guilds do it. That's the problem though. We need more players who want to WoE to come to the server. Most are turned off by the two castles four (five or six on occasion) guilds actually WoEing. Here's how it usually goes:

RObots are busy holding their fort. They have skill and a bit of the numbers game. Behe atks them and tries to take their fort. More limited in the skill dept but def have the numbers (largest on server). FNP (I'm FNP) who is allied to RObots, goes for secondary fort. Small but skilled guild. A smaller number of Behe and some Ordo (who are allied to Behe) try to take back secondary from FNP while main forces try to take RObots fort. When Behe fails at that, they bring their numbers and sometimes roll over FNP. Sometimes we hold. KoL in the meantime shows up just to WoE period. They just formed and lack the gears and the talent to compete atm. Nice guys though.

Pre-trans same deal. BS is the controlling guild and has been for ages. They're a mix of their own people, most of Behe, and on occasion some Ordo. Pandas is a mix of everyone else on server that wants to do it and shows up that day. Pandas did take the fort for a week but mostly it's just BS holding it. Most of the time people don't really care enough to pre-trans to show up.

I come from officials (high-tier guild) and have played on other VERY WoE heavy servers so I'll tell ya straight. If you come here and join with the right guild you won't be bored per se. It can be interesting and even funny at times. Overall it'll get frustrating really fast. Again though that's due to lack of players, guilds, and forts to take. Give it a try at least. It is a very fun server to play on overall.

There are a few things that could be done to save WoE here and WoE attracts players more than anything.

1. More forts. Two is just lame. Especially when there are more guilds WoEing and some trying. Just isn't enough to keep newer WoE guilds interested *pats KoL and hopes they stick with it*

2. POSSIBLY a full reset of all forts. Put more forts in an start from scratch.

3. DEF more players overall who actually WoE.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
08-24-2010 10:44 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

I remember when there was 5 active WoE guilds and 3 castles open. And that was when heRO was 100 players. Funny thing is the castles werent empty just a higher percent of the population WoE'd back then. Seems the more players we have gotten over the years the less castles have been open. Now most heRO players just wanna play werewolf. :D

Things could be done to make WOE more interesting, and currently I'm happy with the castle change as it always makes things feel new and its just fun to switch up the castles.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2010 02:01 AM by thecursed.)
08-25-2010 01:57 AM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

I remember when I WoE'd with DD. Those were good times.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
08-25-2010 03:31 AM