Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about battle sage/prof skill & stat
dorkspider Offline

about battle sage/prof skill & stat

Hey, i would like to know:
- what level must i put for freecast if i'm battle sage?

i know: lvl4 min for my autocast

- and if im battle prof, what are the skills the more useful/better?

- it's my stats of Battle Prof

Int 75 + 19??(for my MATK/SP)
Str 55 + 6??(for my ATK/Weight)
Agi 70 +18 (for my ASPD/FLEE
Vit 30 +4??(for my HP/protec a few against status with gear anti-status
Dex 50 + 14 (for my hit)
Luk 30 +2 (for my critical)

is it ok like stats or not?

thank you to answer me.

Icon_biggrin

Yo yo hey o ei! People call me: Pascal, Psych. XD

Psych Encyclopedia - Fisher/Minner
Scarzam - SP Prof lvl93
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 02:58 AM by dorkspider.)
09-10-2010 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: about battle sage/prof skill & stat

well, stat build would depend on what book you're using. if you have a sage's diary, well, dex doesn't really need to be so high. personally i wouldn't even put it past 30 since you're not really looking to hit anything. i'd invest more in agi for the proc rate of autobolts instead since that'll be your main form of damage regardless of what book you use.

having the sage's diary would be ideal as having as much strength as you do, you'd get the aspd bonus that comes with your amount of strength, and more aspd is a good thing as it allows for more procs of your autobolts.

as far as freecast is concerned, that's really all you need unless freecast is needed for some other important skill like land protector or something, but i don't really remember. otherwise don't invest any more than what's absolutely needed because you can still cast your bolt and autobolt as well, but unless you have a bloody butterfly or what not to prevent cast interruption, it's not important to cast additional bolts since you're going to be right next to the enemy anyway.

i see you have luk invested for crit damage, so again you don't need a whole lot of dex, especially if you have crit cards lined up in your gears, but you still won't be crit'ing all that much anyway, but the damage from crit will still be nice, especially if you can get it to about 30 crit, which won't be easy. i would still personally rather have much more aspd for greater chance of autobolt going off, which again will be your main damage dealer. cecil damon cards help a lot with that. you should only need one of those since i don't think the effect stacks, but i could be mistaken. on a previous server i played, i had those cards in a sage's diary. i had negative hit lol, but my damage with bolts (especially after being linked) was so great that it wasn't even necessary to do physical damage. i think i was doing around 10~15k damage per second after linked. it just depended on how much autocast went off.

anyway, the other less effective build with battle sage is to get a hardcover book and have more str, luk, and agi. less int and a bit more vit to help with damage reduction. i would stay away from dex since most monsters have such high flee that it's not worth investing that much dex just to increase hit enough to actually damage them. putting crit cards in your hardcover book and having crit rings to boost your crit rate would be the way to go. i'd say for that type of build put no more than 60 luk since you should be able to get enough crit gears to crit enemies most of the time. i don't really recommend this method, though it is an option for more difficult leveling but quite possibly more fun too.

still with the stats i'd recommend less dex and more agi. if you still want luk, then definitely no more than 30, it is a waste otherwise. when you can though, i'd try to boost vit a bit more, possibly up to 50 vit just for greater immunity to statuses.
09-10-2010 05:49 AM
dorkspider Offline

i have giant encyclopedia(soldier skeleton*2)(2) but i will try to have sage diary.

oh thx a lot for your help, you're nice XD

Yo yo hey o ei! People call me: Pascal, Psych. XD

Psych Encyclopedia - Fisher/Minner
Scarzam - SP Prof lvl93
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 10:16 AM by dorkspider.)
09-10-2010 10:10 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

i may not be the best source of info, but i did play battle sage a few times and it's not easy that's for sure, but definitely fun =)
09-10-2010 11:47 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i love autocast sages...
but personally i feel that although they do need to be hybridized to a point, being too spread out is counterproductive...

55 base STR is a good base number for sage's diary's bonus, but +6 makes me kinda wonder whether 64+6 would be better...

INT imho should be 70 total or 91 total. Any more and it's a waste. Personally i went with 70 as that's really the minimum optimal number to have in terms of points spent because MATK is affected by INT/5 and INT/7...

personally i don't like hardcover books. I use either a +7 DoC (+ self endow of course) or that overabundant book from mavka so i could +9/+10 it just for the sage's combo... but with that book i'm just looking for the Aspd boost without hoping to hit anything and just cast + hope for the autocast to proc.

get 1 DEX and 1 LUK, they are of no real benefit imho.

VIT 20-30 should be enough to help you recover faster when stunned, but more than that and it's kind of a waste as your best bet is getting as much agi as possible for flee...

again, it depends on where/when/how you wanna play it/hunt with it... but if you're solo most of the time then agi is probably your best bet...

-w-
09-10-2010 09:49 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

If you're solo most of the time you shouldn't make an autocast sage/prof. Get a linker friend or respec to some other build. Also get a Ledger of Death (long term) and go full agi/int with leftovers going to VIT. I'd shoot for 105 or 120 INT.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-11-2010 07:11 AM