Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GM Service + Nobility Question.
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

GM Service + Nobility Question.

Quote:Custom Item Transfer: you can transfer 1 normally "nontransferable" custom gear to another account.
Conditions:
????- If transferring a heroic gear, the other account must have same allegiance.
????- The account you are transferring the item to, does not have to be yours (aka you can give it to someone else).
????- The item must be custom, you cannot transfer official nontransferable gears, such as The Sign for example is not allowed.
????- Nobility gems cannot be transfered.

Question for the GM's Why cant nobility gems be transferred? I already understand that transferring the Gemstone without the Nobility Score itself would make no sense. But why is it that you cannot Transfer the entire nobility itself via a GM service. To another character? If the issue is indeed what I think it is I may have a way to remedy it so that via GM service you could in fact transfer ones Nobility. Which i'm sure I and many others would love.

Still saving up the 150 vote points for the Service and the money to buy one at fairy auction should I hopefully win it. All for this purpose.??So yeh.

Thanks for your time~

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2010 07:24 AM by Avalon_Fates.)
09-07-2010 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: GM Service + Nobility Question.

It would involve more than just transferring the item.
It would also mean going in and removing the score/quest variables from the person the item is being removed from, then going in and creating them on the person the gem is being moved to (minus the score. Which means we'd have to potentially manually also change the rankings)

After that, there is also adding/removing from nobility forums, though when compared to playing around with all the variables, not so much (but does stem off into issues with nobility birthdays. Is it one per gem, or one per noble? In the case of the latter, could you just keep moving a gem around between chars for endless parties?)

Basically, nobility would be more than an item transfer. It's an entire quest transfer.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

09-07-2010 07:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Hmmm. Well I wouldn't need a forum change at all, it is in fact still me. *Just as a name change wouldn't alter it* Also my character has no storyline relevance at all *not from a lack of trying in the past mind you*

Theoretically - Isn't it no different then changing alignment. Changing Light to Dark, Removing all Light Gears and Replacing them with Dark equivalents.

Also a good way to save half the work, Record the amount of bullion they have donated, remove their score and gemstone, then create the bullions . Then transfering it to the player. The person hands in the bullion and the quest itself handles reinstating the nobility. The only problem with this would be if someone removed themselves completely *selling the bullions* the forum entry would have to be altered.

Regardless I wouldn't believe the desire to switch nobility to another account or character would happen often, so if we could find a way to make this a swift and easy process for the GM's then would making this a valid option be possible?

Also after speaking with Aaronock about this subject the condition, "Not available to ranked nobles" may have to be applied should Nobility transfer be introduced.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 09:20 PM by Avalon_Fates.)
09-07-2010 08:25 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

*bump*

09-09-2010 09:42 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Switching allegiances is simply changing one variable on one account, and then switching the items with one player.

Nobility is switching multiple character variables on multiple accounts. Off the top of my head, I can think of 2 potential variables for each noble, perhaps 3, depending on how it is done. So, times that by 2 characters, and you're looking at 4-6 variable changes just to set the nobility, plus the item transfer, and we haven't even looked at the rankings yet.

If they are ranked, then simply giving the person that amount of bullion with the gem isn't going to work. They could sell it, or they could give it to the king.
Either way, the rankings board would also have to be adjusted, since if you did give the person the bullion to reput into nobility, the old name would still be there unless we modded it by hand.

Basically, nobility is a lot of variable changes between different accounts, as well as potentially having to mod an NPC, depending on how the Nobility board script has been made.
And still a bunch of variable changes.

<333

09-10-2010 12:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Would it be possible for an unranked noble to have his/her gemstone removed and then be ignored in the current ranking *as with Evo when he deleted his character* but as they are unranked there will be no visual sign of there disappearance. The bullion on that account could be recorded.

The bullion's then used then could created and given to the target of the transfer thus negating the need to input the data for the second character regardless of account.

As previous said this should be disallowed for ranked as altering the board would be far too much work.

Also even if this is not set as a confirmed GM service option, would it be possible to do so on a case by case basis?

09-10-2010 12:41 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

The problem with that way is,basically, you'd be paying $5 to get 20-25mil back that you'd already sunk into a permanent NPC, since one could very well sell the bullion off instead of actually using it.

People would use it to regain a large amount of zeny for various reasons, such as they no longer are using that character, or they changed builds, or new gears came out that they'll use instead.

<333

09-10-2010 12:58 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Ah true, I was not thinking of people who would want to do it to make money back, only transferring the nobility to a char more suitable for it. That does make setting up the bullion transfer difficult.

What about the case by case method. Would it be too much to ask to request the usage of a GM service in this way and if the GM's find it the reason suitable enough they could set it up? I personally am only interested in transferring my current bullion count to another character not regaining the funds already inserted, rather I plan on increasing the amount I have submitted to Prontera Castle if I can actually get the transfer.

09-10-2010 11:28 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

i have a suggestion which would make it more doable, though it would still be quite low priority as of now.

my idea involves the use of the nobility npc itself by adding an option to opt out of nobility. essentially what it would do would be to give you a royal note (essentially currency which means adding a new item called Royal Bullion Note) that would not be allowed to be dropped, traded, sold, or put in storage. the npc would also go through the list of nobles looking for your name on the ranking list, and if there, would remove it and replace it with the next eligible noble in the list. if not on the ranking list, it would only remove your name from the nobility list. the list would be resorted after this was done. also the nobility gem would be removed from your inventory which means you must have your nobility gem with you in order to no longer be a noble.

this would be one way to ensure that you could not just sell the bullion or anything of that matter and only the original noble, or through GM Service attain a transfer of the note to another character/account.

like i said though, this would not be high priority at all, and would take some work and modification to the existing npc, or perhaps even make a new npc to handle that request. but i wouldn't expect something like this to happen for a while, unless someone other than a GM in the test&dev section were to take this on.

EDIT: this might not even be possible either as you would need to record how much bullion the character had on them, in order to reestablish their position in the ranks, or it could be seen as a bit of punishment and only give you just enough to hit nobility, but i don't know exactly everything that can go in to it and i'm not sure if you can trade items marked as untradeable to GMs or not, if so then it'd be easy to record how much bullion you have.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 12:06 PM by Frogboy.)
09-10-2010 12:00 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Well I guess ToH has already proven its possible to record values onto and item as to reward a player with a prize if said value is enough. So the Noble Ticket idea is itself doable I believe.

However I believe this would be a far harder endeavor for our already overworked GM staff. Had transferring my nobility gem not been important to me and my playing experience I probably would not have brought this up at all. Thus I am currently looking for an easy*for the gm's* short term fix on the request if possible. Rather then a long term one especially if it would take time away from our GM's work on other more fun and interesting projects.

09-10-2010 01:04 PM