Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Blank Screen
Naruki Away

RE: Blank Screen

I had this problem roughly 3 weeks back. It seems to be the graphics driver that's causing it though it looks more like a directX problem.

If you recently updated your graphics driver then go back to an older version.

ATI Catalyst is so useless. 10.4 > 10.9

And if you can't get hold of an older driver, ctrlaltdel and then remaximizing RO seems to work oddly enough (for me atleast).

[Image: 5npukm.png]
Alore // Naruki // Revi // Sakito // iPlay // Enox
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2010 03:34 PM by Naruki.)
10-15-2010 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coolgids Offline

i always got this blank screen after using alt+tab (to see guide, im newbie in this server)
can someone tell me how to remove this bug?
i install today, all fine except this bug
pleaseee(bcoz i need see guide a lot)
10-23-2010 10:35 AM
Selrahc Offline
King of the Nosmos

Posting because I was having this issue and managed to correct it.

I'm using an ATI Radeon Card, got a new computer and was rather excited until I finally loaded heRO back up and found this problem, turns out, it's easily fixed in the Setup.

Just go to the top where it says like "Direct3D" or something and select "ATI Radeon (series number)" if there are two of these, I don't know which will be more likely to work, but for me the bottom one worked, just try both out and it should work.

Quote:i always got this blank screen after using alt+tab (to see guide, im newbie in this server)
can someone tell me how to remove this bug?
i install today, all fine except this bug
pleaseee(bcoz i need see guide a lot)

as for this, I've no clue, more information regarding your settings would certainly help though. Graphics card (nVidia, ATI), Operating System (7, Vista, XP), and anything else you could think of that might help.
11-04-2010 07:35 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Some of the things I did here is sort of related as it's clearly an ATI related issue: click here

Also go to your setup for RO, and you may see your ATI graphic card listed 4 times there. Try out all 4 and one of them should get rid of the blank (either totally black or totally white) screen problems.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2010 09:26 PM by Namine.)
11-04-2010 09:26 PM