Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATTENTION,SUPPORT PRIEST (TO BE) LF GUILD
Siriel Offline

ATTENTION,SUPPORT PRIEST (TO BE) LF GUILD

Hello, I Just came back to Ragnarok online after break of 6 years, and Now i am looking for a nice,social guild to join.

I started my acolyte yesterday(atm level 39) and im going to be Full support priest and later high priest of course, but since I have been taking a loong break I would need some pro priest to give some pro priest advice to me,aswell as advice in many other parts of the game Icon_smile.

about my playing times ,I play from 6-18+ hours in a day,depends if I have anything else like school,band practises in reallife,but mostly I am a bad nolife,which should be good here. (Finlands timezone is gmt+2 so on weeks I prolly play 15-00:00 on weeks ,depends how many hours in school I am having,and ofc too much in the weekends No1

I dont really care how old the persons in the guild are, I myself am 18 years old and from finland, I just hope they members would not be "noobs" and they would behave well and be "mature",I have seen even very good 12 years old players with good attitude,aswell??as "stupid" and unmature,selfish??players at the age??of 40.

I have been playing mmos since i was like 10 years old,and mostly support classes so I know the basic rules of being a support classes and like that,so my gaming expirience should be ok. (Ragnarok/Aion/age of conan/WoW)

Im hoping to do pvp/woe much but much pve aswell so both are okay,

Thanks for reading my too long text,and feel free to contact me for more questions / information Icon_smile

-Mia Monday
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 08:31 AM by Siriel.)
09-08-2010 07:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

RE: ATTENTION,SUPPORT PRIEST (TO BE) LF GUILD

Well, I don't know if I'm pro lol but the basic rule is if you are going FS you need about:
99dex
80int
(rest in Vit)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
09-08-2010 09:03 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

99ish dex isn't necessary, I'd say cut dex and get more vit. As a ME priest I do have significantly faster cast than FS priests at the comparable level, despite my gears being focused on power rather than speed, which means they don't have as much dex.

Get flower wings, easiest obtainable higher-DEF gear, even at +4, because at all wing type gears, refine effect applies twice. The 20 MDEF also helps. 500K is needed for the quest and you might also wanna buy certain ingredients that are pain in the backside

For headgear, Wings of Victory is the obvious choice with unmatched DEF, MDEF while retaining the possibility of overupgrade. And not bad looking either.

A (relatively) cheap alternative would be Pope Mitre, 7 def, additional MDEF for acolyte class and cast time reduction makes it ideal buy choice for starters. 1-2m.

As for shield, well, not much choice there until trans. I'd perhaps go for stone buckler for the reduction vs large. Whatever you choose, stick Hodremlin in it. Pretty good all-round reduction card, you can get them for about 2.5m +/- 500k.

Staff of Recovery for weapon, you might get a few from TUing anubis which is what support priests usually do to kill time between parties. And if not, they're not expensive.

With these basic gears you gain a decent survivability at PvM parties and some not-so-high end MVPs.

I'd say forget about WoE for now, as from what I saw, nontrans priests get quickly disposed of by WS, sinX or champs, eventually even LKs.
Get decent PvM gears first, get trans and take advantage of trans-only gears and overally larger HP growth, the HP count of nontrans priest pretty much sucks.

(well, alternatively you can join Retro WoE which is nontrans, but it means additional expenses and let's face it, priest isn't exactly the best moneymaker)

Also, I'd suggest get an archer class for money hunting, on hillwinds you can quickly made a few mil needed for the basic gears I mentioned before.
Or merchant class, go fishing and sell fish, profit quite ensured as they're in demand. You can also fish out some interesting goodies.

Well, I'm not a pro, I just gave it a thought and this is the product of it Icon_razz

ALSO, are you sure you want to stay FS? Aren't you tired of people "pls" and "plz" -ing you? Aren't you tired of being practically a buff/healbot? Wanna kick some undead and demon arse instead? (at least those undead/demons who have one, if that body part isn't present, select a different one of your choice to kick) Join the ranks of ME priests today!

(haven't seen Raine for a while, and someone should do the ME propaganda)

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 10:09 AM by Jens.)
09-08-2010 10:06 AM
Siriel Offline

Thanks for the large amount of information jens,that helps me alot!

as for the stats,I am high int/vit atm(I think speed isnt the mainpoint of being a support priest)

expecially ur equipment info was very helpful for me,thanks for it Icon_smile

and yea,I love Being a full support priest??(I dont like kicking undead butt Laugh??)
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 10:46 AM by Siriel.)
09-08-2010 10:41 AM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

If you can, come by Hugel and il give you priesting course.

For the basic, priest need high vit/int and a lot of dex also.

But for HP, int isn't needed. So a lot of dex and vit. 99 dex isn't good, about 80-90 base is more then enough. Getting 100 total vit is your main priority, for total status imunity (silence, curse, stun mainly).

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
09-08-2010 11:12 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

When you say speed isn't the Mainpoint about being a support priest-- you're half right. You don't need the DEX like ME priests do because most of your casts aren't 15 seconds of horrible cast time-- but you'll notice that if you compare the difference between say, 60 DEX and 80 DEX, you're going to be slower at buffing an entire party. Those small cast times add up very quickly. If you're having to cast Kyrie/Assumptio, Increase Agi, and Magnificat on a 9 person party, you don't necessarily want to have to rely on Bragi/Magic Strings to do it in a feasible amount of time.

If you plan to do PvP, remember that HP and Resists are far better than having VIT (VIT makes you a target for creators, even with the ability to Pneuma that is easily overcome by pushback). For example, my High Priest breaks 11k HP but only has 50 total VIT. If you want VIT to resist status, you're better off running interchangeable marc/ed armors with something else.

In PvE, however, VIT is important because of status resists. Players don't really have the ability as some high end monsters to just spam area-wide stuns/curses/stone curses without cast times.

INT isn't so much of import for Full Support priests. Yes, 99 INT might make your 3.5k heals (and possible 5k healbombs >.>) look really pretty, but that's a lot of stat points wasted.

You can usually go this route for PvE:

80-90 total dex (Without blessing)
60-80 total Vit
60-80 total INT (whatever is left over, again without blessing)

In PvE, your resists will mainly come from your armor DEF/MDEF, but don't forget about useful things like racial resist cards, or equipment that reduce damage (Example, Divine Cross and Spiritual Ring, or a Holy Robe). Flower Wings like Jens suggested are great for bolstering DEF/MDEF solely, but the lack of a card slot is something you might want to consider running something like a Mantle [1] / Mink Coat [1] for.

Here are some ideas for gear, both low and high end. I'll leave out cards because you can use those to personalize your own playstyle, but I'll leave ideas about useful ones.

Remember, that you don't need amazing gear to trans, or to even get 99/70. You can very easily rebirth with only store bought gear, and without any cards.

Low End Gear:
Biretta [1] - Headgear
Small Ribbon - Mid Headgear (Hey, 1 DEF is 1 DEF. And it's cute.)
Mantle[1] OR Flower Wings - Armor (Possible Lower Headgear)
Staff of Recovery / Evil Bone Wand - Weapon
Buckler [1] - Shield
Manteau [1] OR Ragamuffin Manteau - Garment
Shoes [1] OR High Quality Sandals [1] - Shoes
Clip [1]/Rosary [0], and Spiritual Ring combo - Accessories (SP recovery bonus + Healbomb bonus)

High(er) End Gear (Obviously not the extremely best gear available, but a very good step up):
Maiden's Hat [1] - Headgear
Red Glasses / Small Ribbon / Nobility Gem / - Mid Headgear
Flower Wings / Mink Coat [1] / Orlean's Robe (Trans only) [1] / ToH Wings - Armor (Possible Lower Headgear)
+7-10 Staff of Recovery / Giant Encyclopedia (The DEX bonus is pretty nice) / Divine Cross - Weapon (Keep in mind that Divine Cross is 2handed, and you lose a shield-- should only be used with Spirit Ring combo in applicable areas)
Stone Buckler [1] / Valkyrie Shield [1] / Bradium Shield [1] (Trans only) - Shield
Vali's Manteau / Wool Scarf [1] (trans Only) / +7 Muffler [1] - Garment
High Quality Sandals [1] / Tidal Shoes [1] (Trans only) - Shoes
Spiritual Ring (combo is good), Clip [1], Rosary [0]

The gear I listed is a mixture of both DEF and MDEF gear-- having them upgraded to even just +4 with some good cards can easily net you 40-50 DEF/MDEF at the same time.

As for Cards, some of the ones you may want to look at are:

Isilla
Evil Druid
Bathory
Marc
Medusa
Hodremlin
Racial Resist (Thara, Khalitzburg, Penomena)
Peco Peco
Andre Egg
Kapha
Goat
Phen / Bloody Butterfly
Raydric
Harpy

On another note, you should look into Wings, as I mentioned in the armor section. Wings to note for a FS priest are: Flower Wings, Hemerald's Elemental Wings, and ToH Wings. The Flower Wings and Hemerald's Elemental wings are questable, and can be searched up on the HeRO Wiki (The elemental wings are: Gaia Wings, Phoenix Wings, Arctic Wings, and Aerial Wings). ToH is a monthly even that requires allegiance and some knowledge about your class and how to deal with various monsters-- a great guide can be found here (Click Me!!) They have defence and MDEF values that can rival Flower Wings, but also carry other effects, and an armor slot! Very powerful piece of equipment, but also requires preparation to get.

Other than that, I don't know. I find it's always best, and play to your own playstyle. Follow a guide and build, sure, but don't make your priest exactly like someone else's-- you won't like it. Have fun with your characters, it's YOURS after all.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 11:33 AM by Zerrif.)
09-08-2010 11:32 AM
Siriel Offline

RE:??ATTENTION,SUPPORT PRIEST (TO BE) LF GUILD

thanks so much for all the info zeriff! Icon_smile

Your card info was way more than helpful <3

and about own playstyle, its always the best (almost) Love
Like when you are putting some stats, its your own choise ,but its not good if u make full support priest with 99 str/agi Laugh
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 12:04 PM by Siriel.)
09-08-2010 12:02 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Well, I suggested the items I suggested as a "starting" set of gears, which will later on be replaced. What I took into consideration was they're not hard to obtain, and are (relatively) cheap. I didn't mean to write a full guide, just a few tips to the start, and the rest will be learned in process using his own brain.

(and just a note, you DO lose a shield with DC but you also get 25% reduction from demon and undead when combo'd. But yes, it's meant for offensive-type priests [Suuuure you don't wanna reconsider that FS thing? Evil ])

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 12:08 PM by Jens.)
09-08-2010 12:07 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

After all zerrif seemingly has to be the master of priests. He has made a bunch... Good luck with your priesthood and WoE

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
09-08-2010 12:08 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Oh, and another note I'd like to emphasize: As I said before, it'd be good to get a physical damage char for hunting stuff, and especially if you're going to participate in ToH. Priests (especially support) have quite a hard time in there, they get 15 pts as handicap bonus if over lv 80 (10 as HP) but still..
Let's analyze it.

Monster trial - Run through all, 15-25 pts, unless having godly gear.
Item trial - Don't even consider it
PvP trial - As FS you have to go for ties, but nothing is certain, 0-25 pts. Unless high-end leveled and geared, you'll very probably get raped when it goes to actual fights as veterans usually dominate this trial.
Trivia trial - With decent RO knowledge you can get at least one right, but there often are typos and some of the questions somtetimes lack clarity, or not typing fast enough. 5-20 pts. (highly unlikely someone will get all 5 right)
And lastly the lag-and-error-out fest Mass PvP battle. If you're a cowardly sissy, go for light, they have the numbers and most likely will win which will grant you free 10 pts.

So to sum it up, I'd say 45 (40 as a HP) points as a total basis (anything less being considered a critical failure), which, frankly, isn't much. If you're doing ToH solely for the wings, I'd suggest making a physical class, as they're usually done or almost done after monster and item if built and prepared properly. Getting the 70 pts on a support priest type would be a hard struggle most likely not resulting in a success. I'd say after you get your first Generation V with a hunting character (so you'd be going for Gen I again next ToH), go with a well-geared high priest for fun and giggles.

09-08-2010 12:56 PM