Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with installation
Kompeito Offline

Exclamation Problems with installation

So, I downloaded the Full Installer + BGM. Waited 3 hours. Ran the installer and at 6%, it crashed. I believe the error was something along the lines of "data.grf was corrupted, cannot continue installation".

I thought oh alright, well I didn't use a Download Manager so that must be the problem.

Re-downloaded the Full Installer this time, no BGM with a download manager. Waited another hour and 30 minutes. Installer runs. Still no dice, same error.

So, I started looking up solutions. Most of the advice on here said to download Ragray and then use the mini installer. Simple enough.

I ran over to Ragray and downloaded all 9 parts of the file from their HTTP server via a Download Manager. It takes about 2 hours this time. I extract them (using it's self installer) and what do you know? I get errors.

5 of the 9 parts had the error 'Packed data CRC failed'.

Cry So, I now I'm redownloading the five "corrupted" files and I'm going to try to open them with Winrar... let's see if this works.

If it doesn't, I don't know what to do...
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2010 03:27 PM by Kompeito.)
09-14-2010 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Problems with installation

I don't quite know myself, it looks like the data is corrupting while you're downloading. You've tried with a download manager so... Do you have a friend who plays? Can you download the file at another place?

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
09-14-2010 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Salt Offline

You could always try downloading ragray using bittorrent, the bittorrent protocol has built in hash checks while the download is in progress and can redownload a small chunk that got corrupted rather than having to download the entire file.
09-14-2010 04:31 PM
Kompeito Offline

RE:??Problems with installation

Intern-Salt Wrote:You could always try downloading ragray using bittorrent, the bittorrent protocol has built in hash checks while the download is in progress and can redownload a small chunk that got corrupted rather than having to download the entire file.

That was going to be my next plan.

I've gotten 2 of the five files that were originally corrupted to work via redownloading. The real problem parts seem to be Part 3, 4 and 8 of Ragray. They keep giving me errors.

If it doesn't work this time I'm just going to go with Bittorrent and see what happens.

This would be a million times easier if the full installers actually functioned though. I know I'm not the only one with the data.grf error so maybe that file in the installer is glitched or corrupted...
09-14-2010 04:34 PM
Kompeito Offline

Alright so basically via re-downloading certain parts over 5 times I've finally got copies they weren't corrupted. I have a feeling the corruption was part of the HTTP server that they were using being kinda nazi on ONE FILE DOWNLOAD AT ONCE. Or maybe conflicting downloads?

In any case, I've repeatedly downloaded the error files and each time at least one of them is fixed. Now I'm down to one corrupted file, Part 4.
09-14-2010 05:40 PM
Kompeito Offline

Kay there is something seriously wrong with Part 4 of Ragray... Downloaded from several mirrors and it's just corrupted unfortunately. I'm downloading the bittorrent now.
09-14-2010 06:36 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Hopefully the bit torrent helps, if not, try re-downloading the Full Installer again, it usually works well ^_^; also if it seems like it errored, but hasnt given you an error message yet, let it continue, there is a delay while it unpacks the biggest file (the .grf) so it's normal.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-25-2010 10:43 PM